It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jesus Complex

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

There are threads on ATS, I dont remember the names of any of them.

The whole christianity vs Islam thing works two ways and they use the same tactics against both sides.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Hehe, yes I was wondering when and if anyone would catch that.

Either way, just because one swears upon the Bible does not mean one or the court system as a whole actually believes in it, just as our currency may say "In God We Trust" does not mean our entire country trusts.

Honestly I am all for taking religion or any traditions of religion out of our courts, money ... and anything else that involves our government.

As for the "Jihad" we are fighting. Do you actually believe that it is on religious grounds? No, we are there for oil. We are trading blood for oil and it has nothing to do with God or religion. If anything the powers that be are using people's religion as a tool to further their own agenda ... and the blame is hardly placed on those people that believe.

I despise organized religion and see it as nothing but a toy for those in power ... but that doesn't mean that I hate true Christians or Christianity ... only those that abuse it.

I just don't understand why the OP or anyone is attacking Christianity when it is obviously not a problem with Christianity or even religion ... it is a problem with people.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil

"Mar 6:8 And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:
Mar 6:9 But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats."

I assume you are saying Jesus expected his disciples to steal? This is not correct. But when they went on their journey to other lands to preach the gospel they were to ask people to give them lodging. It was a customary to give hospitality to strangers. Not stealing.

Like I said - I am also offended at money grubbing preachers. However, harassing people for money? It's more like a Jerry Louis Telethon.

How funny that you assume.

assume Look up assume at Dictionary.com
mid-15c., "to receive up into heaven" (especially of the Virgin Mary, e.g. Feast of the Assumption, celebrated Aug. 15, attested from c.1300), from L. assumere "to take up," from ad- "to, up" + sumere "to take," from sub "under" + emere "to take" (see exempt). Early pp. was assumpt. Meaning "to suppose" is first recorded 1590s. In rhetorical usage, assume expresses what the assumer postulates, often as a confessed hypothesis; presume expresses what the presumer really believes.

Now you might suppose that is what I was saying, yet I said nothing of the sort only that you were in error. It doesn't take any money to tell somebody something. See I just did.

Do you believe the "gospel" is about telling people that Jesus died for their sins?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurv47

Yes and the whole proccess of converting someone to another religion.

Very good to see your still here.

This is what I want to discuss.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
reply to post by Dwigt

No, we are discussing the conspiracy which is going on in your churches. Which are controlled now by other groups.

That is not what you came here to do. With the help of other misinformed people, that may be what you are trying to do now.

If you ask me, Buddha is the root of all societies ills. Buddha and that damn Pocahontas.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dwigt

You did not read.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Yes I am against forced conversions obviously as that is a breach of freedom, although I can't blame those that are religious and spiritual for simply trying to convert and "enlighten" people to what they see as the "truth". There is nothing wrong with simply preachings one's beliefs (as long as it isn't hate) ... we all have the right to free speech.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Nurv47]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nurv47

Hehe, yes I was wondering when and if anyone would catch that.

Either way, just because one swears upon the Bible does not mean one or the court system as a whole actually believes in it, just as our currency may say "In God We Trust" does not mean our entire country trusts.

Honestly I am all for taking religion or any traditions of religion out of our courts, money ... and anything else that involves our government.

As for the "Jihad" we are fighting. Do you actually believe that it is on religious grounds? No, we are there for oil. We are trading blood for oil and it has nothing to do with God or religion. If anything the powers that be are using people's religion as a tool to further their own agenda ... and the blame is hardly placed on those people that believe.

I despise organized religion and see it as nothing but a toy for those in power ... but that doesn't mean that I hate true Christians or Christianity ... only those that abuse it.

I just don't understand why the OP or anyone is attacking Christianity when it is obviously not a problem with Christianity or even religion ... it is a problem with people.

Terroists are fighting for oil? This is new to me, I thought they were on a Jihad...

I realize your points "and may god bless america". Do you see mine? You think pastors rally the church to spread the word for christ? See if the church isn't filled pastors don't eat....would you like a tract?

The problem of religion is re Legion....for we are many.

Peace

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Terroists are fighting for oil? This is new to me, I thought they were on a Jihad...

I meant what we are fighting for, sorry if I didn't clarify.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The Atheist complex.

Fellow Christians, you know what I mean !!

Not long now.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Rom 10:14-15

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
KJV

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nurv47

I meant what we are fighting for, sorry if I didn't clarify.

I hear you. I don't think that one of our troops is fighting in the name of God, Jesus, or anyone else besides a court order to fulfill their volunteered positions or be thrown into the brig.

Now when you are trying to sell a nation on war, what better to do it with then an imaginary friend. Completely rational. Jesus help us.

Peace

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
Rom 10:14-15

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
KJV

No children, no preachers. simple...same since the beginning. God isn't magic, God is living. See the living, see God.

Peace

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NaturaltoBelieve

I hear ya.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Unfortunately, I did read most of it. You have been all over the map here. It is fine to believe what you want, but you have attacked something you have shown you know very little about. The fact you stated Christ's followers are killing millions of people in American cities shows either your age, stupidity, or both.

Don't take out your Napoleon complex on Jesus or his followers. If you want to call out ignorance, then go ahead. There are just as many ignorant atheists, Hindus, etc.

For crying out loud.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Dwigt]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It's the Holy Roman Empire, what more (or less) would you expect?

To quote the immortal Mr. Sparkle, "Join me or die, can you do any less?"

[edit on 19-5-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dwigt

No what I am trying to get at is the mentality, this nation has as a whole.
Which is made up primarily on christian values, which is fine.
But it becomes a problem, because some orginizations actively seek to fulfill Bible prohecy.

So the message gets passed down. In a political speech, as it is a political movement.

Unfortunately for me, I recognize this and I don't play into it..

Other than what I am doing here and now which is communicating with you.

I could use this for my own gain. But I do not wish to capitalize on other peoples misery.

I can only share my perspective in hope, that instead of asking me for evidence of this that you seek it on your own and find your own answers.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurv47

Thats some pretty good stuff there thanks for contributing.

As I said before IMO there is not any good or evil.

We still have a guage for right and wrong though and it is built inside everyone of us from the day we are born.

So there are two values associated with this concept, because good and evil no longer exist so unleanr that concept.

You can either help other people= right thing to do

or

you can impose your will on others = wrong thing to do

So this is a very similar concept to that, good and evil.

Only in this concept can help you understand our true nature as humans and why we do right and wrong.

Often times when we do wrong there is an external influence, be it some sort of reward or promise.

Nobody goes around hurting others for no reason, without a motive.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
reply to post by EricD

Is this clear enough for you?

farm1.static.flickr.com...

No, it's not.

This entire thread is sort of sad. People are being lambasted for simply asking the OP to prove his/her assertions.

The fact that there is an attempt to pay respects to the faith of the deceased after their death has no causative link to what actually facilitated their death.

Posting a picture like that is nice theatre and adds some histrionics, but it doesn't move the conversation forward at all.

Unless you are engaging in sophistry, please provide proof for the claims that you have made. Let's start out with your assertion that millions of people are being killed in the name of Jesus in the streets of America.

Some evidence please?

Eric

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

I am dying.

The very laws that are made are supposed to protect me, but they are not. They are killing me or at least trying to. But I am resiliant.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join