It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jesus Complex

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

Also, I know that I am coming off very offensively, but I sort of have to be to get my point across. Let me just say that I don't have anything against christians, I used to consider myself to be a christian. It is the unnaccountability of your faith that I have an issue with and I hope we can discuss this openly.

You are coming off offensively, because of YOUR BELIEF.

Like your questioning how a Chrisitan can have their faith, or belief, you also deserve to be questioned.

Bold remarks need backup, and you are defensive because you cannot supply any.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Ah yes... the 'Jesus loving Christian'. *spits*

Would you like to know what these hypocritical hacks do here in the Bible Belt?

I was walking with a friend of mine (a black girl) thru a $1 store. We get some stuff, stand in line, and suddenly, I hear " The Bible stated that people shouldn't mix colors'', from some woman. Let's just say I let out a loud retort that made several people giggle. I also am going to note (This is for a future thread I am thinking about writing) that when I said MY piece, that woman shot around the corner so fast.... Nothing like a hypocritical coward. Woo hoo.

I dont remember Jesus EVER saying that. Never. None. I know where these fools get it, tho- they take bits and pieces from the bible and stitch together their own BS.

Another time: I was practically running back to the house to dump off frozen foods, as the person I was with had her tire blow out a mile from the house. It's Sunday... and EVERY. Last. Car. Shot past me. EVERY. Last. One of them were going to the church across the street from me. You couldn't help but notice I was in distress! No one could stop, ask if I needed a lift? Anything? Ha.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by wylekat]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

The IRS works with the Federal Courts, which is basically like any other thing in our country. Putting together the funds to send the Jews back to Israel.

Before you go on in rattling on about the IRS, you might find some time to visit the following web sites:

famguardian.org...
givemeliberty.org...
www.freedomabovefortune.com...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

What I want to know is how some of you deny that most of our dead, died for religion.

Here you are again making claims without providing any evidence.

This is obviously pointless. You are either very confused or a troll.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurv47

How can you deny that the current war going on is not based entirely on religion?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurv47

Unless you can point to some evidence of all of those that are "murdered" every year in the name of Jesus Christ, I hope you don't just expect everyone to take your word for it.

I have been- 'Murder' doesn't just mean the usual. One soul can be murdered. one's life can be so completely destroyed, that they never recover. Christians do this to untold MILLIONS. I have been destroyed like this- I STILL get the middle finger of contempt from 'loving' Christians!

As for TV killing people? I know a few too many brain dead people shambling around like zombies... if the tv were to go, they'd drop over, foaming at the mouth.

I used to be a Christian, myself- til I had to start pulling knives out of my back....

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

Cool thanks I will check it out.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Hold on to your hats ATS because this week is Jesus week and we are pulling out all the stops.

Also, I'd like to know, who made this Jesus week? You?

This is a thinly veiled rant on your behalf, and nothing more.

You might have thought out your plan of attack before making this thread, as you have no backup, and your replies have been lacking what people are asking of you, which is proof.

Please show examples, since you put this in religious conspiracies, that millions are being killed by Christians every year.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I never denied that. Of course it is a religious war, for we are at war with religious radicals.

Regardless I never said that Iraq and Afghanistan were justified.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I am still trying to wrap my mind around the idea that the OP considers the IRS to be a Christian organization. Many of the anti-IRS Christians I have known would probably tell you (in private) that it is ran directly by Satan.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

This is an open discussion of the woes of christianity in society. Please respect that.

You don't have to agree with me.

I want to have a good discussion and I will consider all of your comments.

Unfortunately the offensiveness is just my personal opinion. No need to get the pitch fork and torches.

This is obvioously a problem in todays society.

I want to discuss with christians so that we can get to the root of the problem.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

If I believed in Satan I would probably agree with you, but I don't.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I want to discuss with christians so that we can get to the root of the problem.

Oh ... that's never been done before.

Well, I am sure everything will be solved be the end of this thread.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

This is an open discussion of the woes of christianity in society. Please respect that. You don't have to agree with me. I want to have a good discussion and I will consider all of your comments. Unfortunately the offensiveness is just my personal opinion. No need to get the pitch fork and torches. This is obvioously a problem in todays society. I want to discuss with christians so that we can get to the root of the problem.

What "Blanca Rose" just asked for you to supply examples and some proof to back up your allegations. You have shown us nothing.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurv47

Probably.

But how are we supposed to correct it if we are not willing to discuss it.

I have never heard a christian apologize to me about their intrusive behaviour.

But the thing is, I am not flagging people down, asking them for money or harrassing them about their faith.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Blanca, in your opinion. The war in Israel and the one in Iraq? What are they all about?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Discuss? No I don't see a discussion ... I see ridiculous claims without any evidence to support them.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The more I watch and read the more I am reminded of a post that one of my favorite members here made. It really narrows down the whole reason people are going along with what is going on in the world today and I believe I must quote it here. Please do yourselves a favor and read this quote. It is from a thread called All Roads Lead to Rome. The posters name is Protoplasmic Traveler.

A little old lady from Peoria who only drives her car to church on Sundays might never forgive herself for her tax dollars going to pay for dropping bombs on innocent children in war zones, in nations, full of people that have never attacked us, if she accepts ‘a’ truth that these people are innocent, and truly do not warrant or deserve such violence and murder and destruction. However if her truth can be invariably made to be, that these are all heathen infidels that are set on domination and eradicating her, and her way of life, and her children and their children, well then it becomes much easier for her to justify, qualify, live with and actually support. She isn’t sure of course to begin with, after all it’s human to question things, especially because duality of the mind. Yet she knows she isn’t really a leader, but a follower, and she looks to leaders to giver her verbal clues and directions to form a truth, that will grant her what she absolutely wants more than anything, and that is the absolution, and peace of mind that comes from believing one is truthfully doing the right thing. Because she does have natural doubts she is very open to in fact someone providing her a truth, that will grant that absolution, and that illusion, because the core of her nature is to do no harm, and try to be good, and do the right thing. Instinctively and intuitively she knows that the decision has already been made for her by the Leaders, and by the Powers that Be, now all she really needs is the lie that will allow her to believe the truth is that it’s the right thing to do, by making that lie her truth, so she can put it out of her mind, and go on about the normal routine of her life, without having to feel responsible, guilt or remorse, or trepidation for the murder and mayhem and theft being carried out in her name, with her money! The Government and the Powers that Be literally do have this whole process down to a pseudo science and present the Thesis always to help people arrive at a subjective truth, that manipulates them wholesale, often into supporting and paying for very bad things, for very bad reasons, often that will even hurt them, but to do so, and present it in a way, that she can believe is good for her, good for everyone else, and basically right.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

robably. But how are we supposed to correct it if we are not willing to discuss it. I have never heard a christian apologize to me about their intrusive behaviour. But the thing is, I am not flagging people down, asking them for money or harrassing them about their faith.

Really the only time in my life (a lot longer than yours) I have ever been "flagged down" and asked for money for a religious organization was at LAX and it was "Hari Krishners".

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

I want to discuss the mentality of the common Jesus loving christian. No offense, but millions of innocents are murdered every year in his name and for what?

Where and when is this happening, please?

" God is on our side "

" God keep us safe "
" God is with us "

What about the other guys ? does god not protect them ???

I think that is what he is getting at somewhat...

It's foolish really

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join