It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-year-old gets DNA during sister's kidnap attempt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

8-year-old gets DNA during sister's kidnap attempt

abclocal.go.com

PENNSYLVANIA (KGO) -- A Pennsylvania family has a very good reason to let their 8-year-old son watch as much TV as he wants. What he learned by watching the tube may have saved his little sister's life.

The family says while on vacation a man grabbed Nathan Kuhn's 4-year-old sister and tried to pull her into his car. That's when Nathan attacked.

First he grabbed his sister's arm and pulled her away from the man, and then he turned back around and kicked and scratched him.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I need to re-evaluate what my kids are allowed to watch on TV. Hearing an 8 year old explain what DNA is based on what he saw on TV, and using this knowledge in an applied situation - seriously, this is cool stuff.

It brings tears to my eyes, and hope for the next generation that at least some kids are showing definite intelligence. He didn't learn this in school, I can tell you that much.

abclocal.go.com

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
That's awesome!

This should be on the news, and even maybe taught in school.

Seriously, like this, it could save lives.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon

I need to re-evaluate what my kids are allowed to watch on TV. Hearing an 8 year old explain what DNA is based on what he saw on TV, and using this knowledge in an applied situation - seriously, this is cool stuff.

It brings tears to my eyes, and hope for the next generation that at least some kids are showing definite intelligence. He didn't learn this in school, I can tell you that much.

abclocal.go.com

It's not about the television, it's about the content.

There is some good television, regardless of what some people will say. It's an amazing teaching tool if used correctly and not in excess.

As for the story that is amazing, that kid deserves a medal and a key to the city he lives in

Good job little guy.

~Keeper

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Stories like this make me hopeful for the future of our youth. The fact that this little boy had the frame of mind to get DNA from a would-be kidnapper by scratching him is amazing. Thank you CSI and any other crime drama out there. If it weren't for some of the content involved, I think it would be a good teaching tool for some young children.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
What a brave boy! Amazing what kids learn and retain.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This kid is showing wisdom and foresight that many adults couldn't even dream of posessing!

top topics

join