It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

smartwater implementation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
smartwater is a invisible water substance that is only visible under a uv light and is used to prevent criminals from stealing the objects with it on
fair enough.

but now the police are now implementing this into peoples houses going round door to door puttin smartwater on peoples tvs computers and so on (optional)
some of my freinds have it in there house but they have not came to mine yet

i will refuse because i dont beileve that there is a risk of burgulary and would prefer not to have a invisible new substance in my house for no reason . harmful?

i beileve this is going to be mass implemented and things on a mass scale usually have a hidden agenda maybe somethings like a secret census just puttin it out there

i live in the uk hampshire whats everybody think??

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Whhaaa?

Do you have any sources about this 'smart water' and what its capabilities are? I have not heard of this prior to now, and a source with reliable information on this substance would be key to forming proper opinions.

Keeping an eye out.

Fry

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
For the uninformed (like me)

All About Smartwater

To me, this is just... creepy. As simply an anti theft device, sure... but I am sure the fertile minds in here can just imagine what it could be used for.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
ok this is the tv ad

www.youtube.com...

it is also used to prevent fly tipping

can somebody embed the video im kinda new to posting sources

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I see it as a business opportunity.

We had a joke product at one time called the "evidence bomb". Filled with artificial fibers from every carpet we can find, hair from a thousand barber shops, blood cells, DNA from hundreds of animals, soil samples from across the world, paint dust and random animal dander, one pull of the tab fires so much evidence into a room that no one will ever be able to sort out the REAL evidence you might leave behind.

We gave the link to some forensics guys and they crapped bricks.

So I see this as being a lead-in to the "smart bomb", with every possible coding of smartwater in one easy-to-use aerosol spray bomb. Everything in the room is coated with a light mist of random smart binary code, rendering it totally unidentifiable.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tdrowe2008

Its a disgusting invention. It is nano-tech programmed and every main police station in the UK has a smartwater reader.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So, they say people should spray criminals with the smartwater, which apparently can't be washed off, and the chemical 'signature' can be picked up by a scanner. Hang on, how long before everyone gets sprayed with smartwater.

Or, here's a thought, maybe marketing and businesses have been using 'smartwater' to trace sales of their products in the population, could be one of the reasons for the increases in skin cancers in the last few years?

If scanners pick up the chemical 'code' of those products then shops can scan people as they walk in and out of the store. Also, it could help suppliers to target sales.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, didnt think it would be a UK specific item.

Thats a very odd product I think. It seems to have some relevent applications as use for tracking stolen items for buisnesses and large organizations, but this stuff should not be implemented in all households. If it is the homeowners choice to have their stuff marked, then knock yourself out.

I guess you can compare it to the laser VIN etching that you can have done to your vehicles now. Well, similar I guess, but I would never have that stuff place on anything I own, I would suspect there to be some kind of long term helth issues from constant contact.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot

Its a disgusting invention. It is nano-tech programmed and every main police station in the UK has a smartwater reader.

They are even offering insurance discounts for those who accept the use of smartwater on their home. Which of course actually means those who DON'T use smartwater are paying *fines* on their insurance for not using it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
how do you think they actually find out the smart water code maybe they scan it???????

they would have to find out the unique code in the water if its present on your skin??

maybe humans will start getting stopped and scanned in the streets to identify if the water on them is affialiated with them

scary stuff

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Can someone tell me if this is RFID programmable dust ??

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is really nothing creepy or special. Think of it as a reverse fingerprint. Your items have something on them that show that they are yours. This does not prevent robbery but only helps proove where a stolen object came from. There is nothing strange about this, it seems like an over thought solution to just marking something or keeping track of the serial numbers on your expensive items. But this is probably just an RFID thing where they will track you and what you watch.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
zzombie no i dont think it is

but after this is mass implemented i could imagine rfid following that quite easily
so people can track there belongings that should have alot of mass appeal

also they expect you to pay annualy 1st year up front and after that 4.99 monthly payment

kind of like insurance

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

i dont think it is overthought i just think we are being desensitized towards the idea of marking and tracking

and a huge money making scheme

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

You are right this is probably based off of alien technolog recovered from roswell

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
Can someone tell me if this is RFID programmable dust ??

No. It isn't.

However, "RFID programmable dust" isn't what it's played up to be on ATS, either.

Those are very simple e-field parts - they don't, for instance, implement anti-collision, so you can't scan them if more than one is in range of the interrogator.

More to the point, they are not functional as is. You have to bond them to an antenna, along with a couple of other small components. When you get done, you've got a smart chewing-gum stick, or a smart poker-chip sized thing, but it's definitely not smart dust sized anymore.

Without the antenna, they don't function. The antenna has to be comparatively large. So the "dustiness" of it is questionably useful, other than to get the price down and reduce flex failure, which is an issue with larger die.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tdrowe2008
but after this is mass implemented i could imagine rfid following that quite easily
so people can track there belongings that should have alot of mass appeal

You can't really "track" items with RFID, either.

If I used a pretty large e-field tag on an item, I could spot it from maybe a couple hundred feet. But it's not like you could pull it up on Google or track it from a cell tower or something.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
ok scrap this whole thread guys

lets welcome marking and tracking equipment its in our best interest to be tracked and watched 24/7 we could

some of you people are really stupidly arrogant im only 18 but........

i highly dought they care about our belongings if anythign they would want us to waste more money

and now heres something else to waste our money on

soon were be paying for rfid technonolgy FACT

i dont see why not

but without implementation of smartwater 1st it would be harder for anybody to consider the rfid tag

are you deluded?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Smart Water for Green Schools
School students in Ghana

School students in Ghana
Over 1.1 billion people do not have access to drinkable water, leaving roughly one sixth of the world’s population at risk of contracting fatal diseases and illnesses. Green Cross International’s Smart Water for Green Schools initiative is a local and concrete approach to reverse the present trends of water-related illness and death. Through the construction and implementation of rainwater harvesting systems and ecological latrines, GCI will provide a reliable supply of water, hygiene and sanitation facilities, as well as environmental education to school children, teachers, and parents living in transboundary river basins around the globe.

Green Cross will focus its initiative on schools located in river basins and especially international river basins. The exchange of experiences between schools of several countries along a river basin is a powerful tool for peace promotion and cross-cultural exchanges, especially in regions of tension over natural resources.

A pilot project phase will be run during 2010 and 2011 to cover 40 schools in the La Plata, Volta, Mekong and Jordan River Basins (10 schools in each river basin) with the following objectives:

• Providing Rainwater Harvesting Systems and Ecological Latrines
• Ensuring replicability and sustainability of the systems
• Providing hygiene and sanitation education
• Promoting environmental awareness and cross-cultural exchanges between schools located in the same river basins, and other schools around the world
• Promotion of smart water systems and water conservation at the national and international levels

This project will be implemented first in a number of schools in Ghana along the Volta river.
rain-water-harvesting-middle-east2

Rainwater harvesting system from a previous project in the Middle East
For more information on this project, please download the Smart Water for Green Schools fact sheet.

Pureology is supporting this project through its global partnership with GCI. Any person or salon that applies eco-friendly practices and wishes to support Pureology and Green Cross International’s cause in sustainability is encouraged to become a PureGreen Individual Member or a PureGreen Eco-Conscious Salon Member. Please click here for more information on the partnership or click here to become a member.

If you are interested in participating in this project or would like further information, please contact Marie-Laure Vercambre.
===========================
Car Parts | Auto Parts

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I drink smartwater all the time..... Ohhh NOES!!!!!!

It is pretty cool but I think it won't last

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join