It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican President Knocks Arizona Law From White House Lawn

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
Legalize the natural drugs, decriminalize the synthetic ones

You gotta be kidding... I have pretty liberal views on THAT issue, but don't tell me you want coke legalized... Dude... Sure it has zero fat and no cholesterol and can be organically grown, but... Wake up.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by buddhasystem]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by redxiii

I call bullcarp.
Source please?
Proof?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by g146541]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
If there is one thing President Hussein understands, it's being an undocumented alien criminal in a foreign land...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

You gotta be kidding... I have pretty liberal views on THAT issue, but don't tell me you want coke legalized... Dude... Sure it has zero fat and no cholesterol and can be organically grown, but... Wake up.

I think the idea is that natural drugs would be, like alcohol, sold and taxed by the Gov (state and/or fed) and synthetic drugs would not but if you get caught with some (personal use) it would not be a crime.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
As citizen of America and a resident of WV...........this citizen supports the AZ law.......and come to the U.S. but do it legally. period.
We dont want global we want independence........from global. yes global independence........why cant countries be like states.....sovereign.....

this whole thing is about power......live free or die I say.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Sounds like Hes speaking with the assumption well all be one big happy continent from the panama canal to the arctic sea....
Everyone has to be nicer to each other as we are about to be joined at the hip anyways...get used to it!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The idiot is just probably saying all that stuff to get the Mexicans on his side, hoping they would overlook all of his failures as a president.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Well, I have to say it cannot be too complex.

Let me see what 2009 legal immigrants were allowed-

Homeland Security immigration numbers

1,130,818 total legal permanent residents

164,920 from mexico

This does not include all visas and other components

That is 452 per day just from mexico
3098 per day from all countries

So, the immigration legally seems to be FLOWING JUST FINE

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

I think the idea is that natural drugs would be, like alcohol, sold and taxed by the Gov (state and/or fed) and synthetic drugs would not but if you get caught with some (personal use) it would not be a crime.

Why do you have fixation on "natural" drugs vs synthetic? Either kind is harmful to a degree, in the very least. I'm not a hard-core anti-drug by any means, but your position is silly. Cocaine has all the potential to destroy a person much faster and irrevocably, even compared to the evil alcohol. Taxes won't change that. Do you even know what you are talking about? I may agree about MJ, but not much else.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Why do you have fixation on "natural" drugs vs synthetic? Either kind is harmful to a degree, in the very least. I'm not a hard-core anti-drug by any means, but your position is silly. Cocaine has all the potential to destroy a person much faster and irrevocably, even compared to the evil alcohol. Taxes won't change that. Do you even know what you are talking about? I may agree about MJ, but not much else.

Sorry I'm not Sphota. I'm just giving my opinion on what he wrote and I think you still haven't got it. Lets call MJ a soft drug and coke a hard drug.

Soft drugs would be legal and taxed.

Hard drugs would be illegal but if you get caught with an amount that is considered for personal use you dont get thrown in jail.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Sorry I'm not Sphota. I'm just giving my opinion on what he wrote and I think you still haven't got it. Lets call MJ a soft drug and coke a hard drug.

Soft drugs would be legal and taxed.

Hard drugs would be illegal but if you get caught with an amount that is considered for personal use you dont get thrown in jail.

How does the Prez being a dufus on the lawn with the Prez of Mexico get to drugs?

It wasn't even brought up in the speech.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Imagine standing fifteen feet away from those buttholes and having to listen to that crap.

Nine years ago, I was working for ABC pointing a camera at Bush and Fox in the very same place.

Bush was sucking up just as babdly. What makes me think there is more to the story is the fact that the overwhelming majority of the people I speak to want to seal the border like a pressure cooker.

You may remember that a couple months after the Bush/Fox Rose Garden schpeil, we had 9-11 and all talk of amnesty vanished.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Like all the recent border/immigration/mexico threads someone offers a solution and at one point or another someone mentions legalizing drugs.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
In the wake of Arizona's new law Navajo and other Native American tribes have decided it is time for real immigration reform. Fed up with the race and class divisions and bigotry exhibited by white people the real owners of this land are rising up and demanding we leave. Unable to understand Southern caucasians who claim to speak English trespassing on ancient lands the Cherokee, Lakota, Lenape and various other aboriginals are banding together and will now begin stopping any person with white skin and demanding to see proof they are descended from Indians. Please carry complete geneological records if have Native blood (whew, I sure am glad I have some though those boxes of records will be heavy). Failure to be able to establish your bona fides will result in your detention. I understand the tribes are going to use all those government concentration camps. May I suggest you then force the Republicans you acquire to go to the Gulf Coast camps so they can be to use cleaning the result of their "Drill, Baby Drill" philosophy?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Yikes..........!!!!

That is something to ponder. I bet you could say a lot more than you do on these types of garden speeches.

What is your true opinion, on being there, so to speak?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have a suggestion for the President of Mexico that he can tell his people, to protect them.
1) Do not sneak across the boarder of the United States.
2) Create a branch of their government to work with th US immigration to provide the background and documentation to help them have all of the paperwork together to cross legally.
3) Do not break the laws of the US, if you are going to live here, then follow the local laws.
4) Go through and clean up your own country and establish laws to punish corrupt military and police officials would go a long way to protect your own people.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Here is an Image of how mexico would look with a wall

Notice the new 2000 foot wall...with doors ...Its free but it would keep not legal people out ..

i855.photobucket.com...

[edit on 19-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

I agree with everything you said... with two exceptions. The first is, well, I'm not going to list all of the narcotics that shouldn't be decriminalized. Heroin? Coke? Meth? Seriously?

The second deals with the illegals being the "symptoms" of the disease, if you will. Yes, if I have a broken bone that results in a serious infection, by all means the disease should be treated with utmost urgency... but I have a broken bone. If you don't give me something to treat the symptoms I'm going to get royally pissed.

Not to oversimplify but if everything noteworthy you mentioned is addressed, that still doesn't change the fact that there are undocumented individuals in this country that to some extent are taking advantage of the very system they so willingly escaped to. It's personal accountability in its basest form... and I would expect anyone that seeks a better life in this country to be held to the same standard as anyone else who seeks the same in a legal manner.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
ignorant. I would use other words but your post is so stupid I won't even comment.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nativewhataboutyou

Stop spouting bout the Indians, we were lenient with them we allowed some to survive.
Now all that remains are a bunch of alcoholic bingo hall ushers.
We took this land from the Mexicans and Indians. It is ours fair and square.
If ya don’t like it march yourself and your rifle to D.C. and see how powaarfool you are.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join