It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican President Knocks Arizona Law From White House Lawn

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Wrong about what exactly?

That the immigration system was as complex and restrictive as it is today, which is what you seem to imply by likening former immigrants to what ones must deal with today.

As a side note, if there was no need to be documented for income taxes or social programs (meaning neither existed), there really wouldn't be nearly the problem that exists.

Who said that JUST "disparaging them" will clean it up? Not I. Yeah it's a huge stinking mess, I and those like me aim to fix it once and for all...or try very hard to.

Good, I'd be interested to hear your plan.

"Same reasons"...nah. It's the Exchange rate between two nations that share a border. (USD) vs. (MXN) ...the Peso. Look it up sometime. Imagine going to Canada to earn roughly 1,000 dollars a day USD.

Same reasons? Ahhh, the old "they come for a better life" cop out again? Seems I wrote a thread about that recently.

It's not a cop out, as evidenced by "t's the Exchange rate between two nations that share a border". More money for them and their family equates to a better life, otherwise why would anyone try to get ahead?

The two are not mutually exclusive, and to suggest otherwise really doesn't do your point any justice.

Yeah, I don't get angry at bank robbers and Internet hackers either...they're all good guys. Banks and computers are to blame.

Perhaps "exploit" wasn't the word to convey my meaning. Try the word "use" instead. I don't get angry at those who "use" the food stamp or Section 8 system because it's there to be used.

We could very easily adjust the taxation gap if anyone felt the need to, but it's much easier to get angry at individuals than the government.

The anger is hitting all the right places IMO. Government, Corps, Illegals themselves, President Obama and Calderon, Lawyers, Pundits, Special Interests, Lobbyists......

Yep....we're right on track and truckin.

I'd hope not in that order, but you could have just said Government, and it would have said the same thing.

It's the government's fault, pure and simple (Federal Government at least). That's the point at the end of the day, and pissing contests between the states and the federal governments really does little to fix the problem.

My plan would work, but few want to hear practical solutions these days.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by KrazyJethro]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Well, it's simple. The law is pure discrimination towards those with a darker skin tone and how they're dressed.

No, the racism issue has not been debunked. So I'm not sure where you got that update from.

Got anything to back that up? Like the portion of the code that says that?

I understand that discrimination will happen, but it isn't codified racism like you seem to say it is. If it is, then let's see it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The way I see it, once El Presidenta Tool changes Mexico's immigration law to be as relaxed as he wants the U.S.'s laws to be, then he can open his mouth and speak on this issue. Until that time he can just shut the up and take care of what is going on in his backyard and stay the hell out of mine!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by redxiii

My cousin works for the Glendale Police Department and their chief sent out the memos regarding the SB 1070 law and the protocol the state wants them to follow, and that was in there

Are you sure about this, or was it a descision of the Glendale PD to institute this?

If it is in Glendale, AZ, then they will have their hands busy. They will have to question everyone who they think is wearing Latino clothing. HA, I've even shopped in Glendale, AZ. All you can find is pretty much, gang supported clothing shops, unless it is a mall with Anchors, like Penny's or Sears.

edit to add:

never mind, I'm gonna call the watch commander and ask them for myself!

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
I was seriously thinking about all the things Calderon has said and done with respect to Illegal Immigration / Immigration. After hearing of this story today and just sitting here with my mouth open...pondering the COJONES on this guy...I'm now fully aware that this guy is an AUTHENTIC enemy of our nation.

Well maybe Calderone will be our next President.

Can you say El Presidente?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Funny on how wrong you are.
Majority of illegals in Arizona and Cali are indeed Mexican. The police are going to target who? Mexicans. Racist whites have targeted who? Mexicans.

As for the dress issue, yes, that was something brought up by those who support this VERY racist bill.

Sorry, but your post was completely idiotic.

And I feel sorry for those who support Arizona's law to discriminate against anyone who is suspected of being an illegal immigrant.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

I love these post that seem like some real thought was put into them. It is not racism, they are here illegally!! I love how you even contradict your own post. First you claim that because the majority of illegals in these areas are Mexican, so it is discrimination against Mexicans. Then you end your post with

discriminate against anyone who is suspected of being an illegal immigrant.

"Illegal immigrants" come in all colors and shades. It is not just Mexican's, although I will concede that the majority of illegals in California and Arizona sure do seem to be Mexican, but you prove my whole point in your own statement.. they are "Illegal" immigrants. So in essence is the "discrimination" you speak of really just discrimination against crime?

If you ignore the immigration laws, where does it end? Should we ignore laws against rape, murder, robbery as well? Why is it ok for us to enforce those laws but not enforce immigration laws that are already on the books?

The whole argument is void of any real logic at all. Laws are laws, you can not pick and choose which ones you want to enforce. If you do not like the law, go through the proper channels to have it changed or come into this country legally. Pretty simple solution to me.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
OK America how long do we have to wait? We really need to get rid of Obama and anyone like him in D.C.

I don't blame the Mexican president for what he says, He grew up learning from our corrupt ignorant evil governments that have bread the problem we have today.

Are our Generals and Admirals going to just sit by and let them destroy this nation? Patton, Bradly or Mac would have ran tanks through the capital building by now.

Round the Mexicans up and ship them home after we build another Berlin type wall.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Have a nice summer off after your term of teaching constitutional law ends. There is nothing unconstitutional about this law. Now there may be instances of enforcing the law that may be deemed to be unconstitutional and to the extent that there are, fine we can deal with those issues and to the extent that the state of AZ is found at fault those violated will be due civil compensation and those in the state subject to said civil fines and potentially criminal prosecution.

Funny how everyone is suddenly a constitutional scholar today. The deans of several major law schools were on CNN today indicating that there was no constitutional issue with this law what so ever. Any law can be enforced in a manner that is deemed to be unconstitutional or in a way that violates civil rights. The fact that there are enforcement issues does not mean the law was unconstitutional.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
100 million people in America = production and building stuff in America for America . That is what builds an economy...

If the economy is based on the United states ...Then this country could MAKE stuff and sale it...Making money , living rich..for everyone

The united states economy was never made to be doing what its doing...It can not handle a world market...It was made to build its own nations economy...

[edit on 19-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
Anyone with 1/2 a brain stem knows its going to be used to profile latinos.

Sure. If you interview 100 Norwegians living in the US you'll probably find one staying here illegally. If you interview 100 Mexicans, you'll find 30. So, how is our law enforcement money best spent? Especially considering there is a tiny amount of Norwegians and dozens of millions of Mexicans?

I say go for it.

What's next? Forbid Muslims from using airplanes?

One more "panties bomber" and that should be an option.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The Mexican presdient was interviewed on CNN and all I can say is that it will make your blood boil. He basically acts as if he has a special pass to enforce immigration laws and then claim they're "trying to change the laws".

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
lol I am sure they are changing the law...

welcome to the new world order

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The new world order does not care about mexico or the united states....Its about changing the laws ...Packing people In all nations ...then having 1 set of Laws

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by redxiii

Dude, what is your problem?

After years of the Feds looking the other way on illegal immigration, Arizona passes a law stating that if an officer, in the course of investigating a separate infraction, has probably cause to suspect that a member of the offending party is illegal (has no identification, speaks no English, erratic behavior, et al), that officer is required to verify the legal status of the individual... San Diego and Los Angeles throw a temper tantrum and threaten an economic boycott of the entire state, prompting AZ to do the same... and as an ex soldier, you're only comeback is "If they want a war, they'll get a war?"

How dare Arizona have the audacity to not simply take it with a smile like a good little monkey...

Grow up.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by frey51

The last time I entered Mexico, granted it was 2003, there was no way to "enter illegally." Or legally for that matter. You just kinda walk through a turn-style. It's really not a process of proving who you are or why you are there or how long you plan to stay. In fact, the dozen odd times I entered Mexico, there was no procedure whatsoever. I mean, I'm sure there are time limits, but if my passport doesn't get stamped, and if I don't need a visa...

HOW DOES ANYONE KNOW YOU ENTERED ILLEGALLY? OR WHEN? Seriously, until I see proof of this epidemic of jailed Americans who entered illegally, I'm gonna call BS on this statement of how they treat illegal Americans.

Now, Guatemalans. Yes, because the crap always flows downstream, never up. US craps on Mexico, Mexico craps on the smaller states below it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The Mexican President has NO BUSINESS stepping foot on AMERICAN soil and ridiculing a Bill that was created to benefit one of the States in our country. Perhaps if this President was doing his job correctly, his citizens would not be risking EVERYTHING to flee that DUMP to come here illegally. Perhaps, the Mexican President doesn't want these folks in HIS country either!!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well lets play by their rules.
Tried to embed this a minute ago(first youtube vid. embed) Hope this works this time. WARNING foul language.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by JMech]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I think this quote needs to be in this thread........
Gads I am finding more than a couple of threads that this needs to be added into.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people".

**Theodore Roosevelt 1907

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

When are you all gonna learn that the edification of a police state does not save anybody from any problem. It just protects those who caused the problem in the first place from the scrutiny of the public.

The illegals are the symptom of greater social ills in this country and the world.

The border area violence is related to the drug war. The illegals come here because a combination of factors have resulted in the all our destruction of their local based economies (you know, kind of like how a Walmart destroys all the mom and pops in a small town).

Criminalizing the poor never solves anything. However, it DOES sow the seeds of hate and class warfare, and in this case racially-tinged class warfare. This spells all kinds of bad for all of us.

And if you all fail to see the potential these laws AZ is enacting have to destroy all of our ways of life worse than any Mexican working at your worksite or in the kitchen of your local denny's, then you need to take a step back and a deep breath.

The real solution to the problem: stop creating a trade deficit, tax the corporations (Exxon paid nothing in 2009), raise wages to a decent level, bring back production to this country and allow the Mexicans to do the same. Legalize the natural drugs, decriminalize the synthetic ones, close the private prisons, crack down on the pain clinics, cancel all of the Big Pharma commercials, release the non-violent, victimless offenders arrested for minor drug offenses, use the tax subsidies from the closed prisons to improve education, open drug and alcohol abuse clinics (like the ones for Cindy McCain and Rush Limbaugh) and stop letting US corporations meddle in other people's affairs, especially outside of our borders and our watchful eyes.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saensfan

It's true actually, I've been working with Glendale pd for about 5 years now and I got this memo about a month ago, it's in my office and I'll get it back here asap

Ya, and.................it's been a few hours, Specifically where is the memo, because if it exists, it is racial profiling, for what latino's might wear.

Ever going to post again?, Especially this racist tripe, enforced by a police department?

I'll believe it when I see it.

You won't, because it would be such an uproar, you'd be afraid to show up for work if you did!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join