It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Bitten While Taking Census

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So, are the Census takers now being armed with dogs to intimidate people? This seems odd. Anybody else here been approached by a Census taker with a dog?

Man Bitten While Taking Census

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI-FOX2Now.com) - Dan Vacca says a census worker approached him outside his South St. Louis condo on Tuesday. He thought it was odd that the worker had his dog with him.

While he was answering questions Vacca says a dog jumped up and bit him in the stomach.

Animal control officer says it will monitor the dog for rabies. The case will be reviewed to see if the dog can remain with it's owner.

The census taker was unavailable for comment.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This is just utter BS.

There is no reason why the Census worker should have had the dog on the job. It is not a seeing eye dog, or other type of disablity assitance dog, so the census worker should not have brought the dog to work.

Maybe the census worker wanted the pooch for protection in shady neighborhoods...guess what, if the worker felt in that much danger they should have brought it up with their supervisor and requested the pepper spray that they distribute to Postal Workers.

In 99% of all dog bite cases, I have always felt that it was the owners falt. Either by lack of care or knowledge during the young training years, or purposefully aggitating the dog. So please dont fault the dog, its the owners fault.

I wouldnt doubt that the census worker did something, even if it was very minimal, to provoke this attack. It was probably on a subconcious level, but dogs can pick on that type of stuff.

Its a shame that the dog may be put down, but in fact the owner is the one who should be euthenized.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
That's a shame.

I say all elected officials representing shady or bad neighborhoods be required to do census for the area.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The whole word has gone barking mad

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Of course had the guy, you know, filled out the stupid ten question census like two months ago, he wouldnt have been contacted by the worker in the first place. I left my phone number off the census and Im surprised I havent been visited. My neighbors moved out like three months ago, and the house is empty but I have seen census workers going over there. It seems like they should contact the landlords first and foremost to see if anyone lives there because they are wasting their time.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
Of course had the guy, you know, filled out the stupid ten question census like two months ago, he wouldnt have been contacted by the worker in the first place. I left my phone number off the census and Im surprised I havent been visited. My neighbors moved out like three months ago, and the house is empty but I have seen census workers going over there. It seems like they should contact the landlords first and foremost to see if anyone lives there because they are wasting their time.

I threw my census in the trash where it belonged. So far no census worker has come by the house, but if they do all they're going to get are a few well-placed words about their mother. Census takers can kiss my @$$

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Every day I read more news that makes me happier I live in a van and travel the country half the year. No lease, no address!
I feel bad for both people. The census worker probably just wanted to take his dog out walking with him. I know I would take my dog to work if I could.
As they say...it...happens!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

My neighbors moved out like three months ago, and the house is empty but I have seen census workers going over there. It seems like they should contact the landlords first and foremost to see if anyone lives there because they are wasting their time.

Same thing is happening in the condo unit below mine. The old tenents moved out about two months ago. I assume they were planning on moving, and when the census form came in the mail they probably trashed it. I have seen the Census worker there three times in the last two weeks. All these times were after I get home from work in the early evening, so god knows how many times during the day he has been there. It should be obvious to him that no one lives there, for gods sake the window blinds are all open and you can see that there is not a single piece of furniture in there. Just goes to show you the education level of these workers.

Fry

[edit on 5/19/2010 by frey51]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Of course had the guy, you know, filled out the stupid ten question census like two months ago, he wouldnt have been contacted by the worker in the first place.

According to 2010.census.gov... , you may still be visited by a Census worker, even if you filled it out:

I filled out and returned the form but a census taker visited my home anyway.

Quality checks are used to assure our procedures are working and that our staff is doing the job they were assigned to do. These checks require that some households be visited more than once.

Nice, huh.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by MotherofBlessings]

[edit on 19-5-2010 by MotherofBlessings]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I feel bad for all involved. The hatred towards census or census workers is sad. They are just Americans trying to earn some money in a bad economy.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If the census taker was in Arizona, he could have had a gun on him if he was worried about his safety.

Many other states allow open carry and others concealed carry.

C'mon peeps. Let us carry some artillery!

I am not kidding either. Everyone is much more polite while carrying.

I know if the census people show up at my door, I am going to strap my gun on, just in case they bring a DAMN dog!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Just because the census worker is an idiot, doesn't mean you can pin this on the administration as though it were soem sort of back-room plot into intimidating people into filling out a form.

I mean...are you even reading what you type, or is it just the result of unconscious sleep-typing made possible by the GOP think tank?

Some times you people make me stand in awe of the sheer lack of substance in your threads.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Snarf]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The census collectors are given a list of houses to visit ,some are empty, some are holiday houses, but they are required to visit and if no one is there then they leave a note.These people are not involved in conspiracy ,they are doing a job for money and it can be dangerous in less friendly areas.I dont think they are allowed to take dogs or people with them, and to do so is irresponsible.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Why was the census taker unavailable for comment?

Lawsuit!

I hope this guy collects tons of money!

While I think the job of a census worker is difficult, and I believe everyone needs to fill one out, bringing a dog to canvas what was not mailed in, is ridiculous.

This guy is gonna be rich, after this happened, and good for him!

I know he is going to get a lot, because I have had experience where utility workers have been bitten by animals. He's going to get quite a bit for the inconvenience, even if the bite was not severe.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
i sent my censes back with a NO to every question
nuthing happend yet

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
That's a shame.

I say all elected officials representing shady or bad neighborhoods be required to do census for the area.

I am so sick of this excuse. You are responsible for what you choose to do as work. The Nazi death camp guards were just doing a job too so they could feed thier families....Sigh! While of course census workers are no where near that level they do work for the machine of oppression so you get the point. Just doing a job is no excuse to invade peoples privacy and trespass on thier property without thier permission.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Why should they do it, when they can delagate another person?

They are a delagate, no?

That means they hire another person.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I feel bad for all involved. The hatred towards census or census workers is sad. They are just Americans trying to earn some money in a bad economy.

Oh yes, I feel SO SORRY for them, especially for taking a job with the Government. Please. Your liberal bleeding heart is so pathetic when it comes to shielding the administration you love so dearly.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

That's a shame.

I am so sick of this excuse. You are responsible for what you choose to do as work. The Nazi death camp guards were just doing a job too so they could feed thier families....Sigh! While of course census workers are no where near that level they do work for the machine of oppression so you get the point. Just doing a job is no excuse to invade peoples privacy and trespass on thier property without thier permission.
Sigh. I meant that because it is usually the fault of shady local and state officials who allow certain areas to become "bad". Thus why should we risk our lives working there, let them do it. Incentive to clean it up and all that nonsense I suppose.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Oh yes, I feel SO SORRY for them, especially for taking a job with the Government. Please. Your liberal bleeding heart is so pathetic when it comes to shielding the administration you love so dearly.
Seriously? Have you ever read any of my posts? If so how you get I love the administration or any administration is beyond me. I pretty much cant stand any of the thieves and crooks in Washington. I am not shy about stating it either.

new topics

top topics

join