It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there Aliens at Nellis Air force Base.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I am either very brave or very stupid by starting this thread I can't quite decide which but what I do believe is that it is in the right place, ie Skunkworks until proven otherwise.

So the subject matter is a man called Charles Hall he has written 4 books that I know of and I have read 3 of them... I know strike one against him he is selling books, the books are titled Millenial Hospitality, The world we knew, The Road Home and After hours.

Perhaps you could look on this as a mini book review, although I confess it has been 3 years since I read them and I know I run the risk of appearing to be promoting them just by starting this thread but that is not my intention.

Here is a synopsis from each book.

Millenial Hospitality

"Charles James Hall was a weather observer in the United States Air Force and was stationed at Indian Springs, Nevada in the mid-sixties. He worked on memoirs in his spare time for over 18 years. He expected to leave his memoirs to his grandchildren. When his wife, Marie, discovered his detailed accounts of the terrifying experiences he had with extraterrestrials over a two year period, she convinced him that the grandchildren could just as easily read his stories after he published them.

In the first book of what Marie decided would become the Millennial Hospitality series, we see what an especially confusing, denial filled existence, Charles weathered. He was never briefed, not before, during, or after his extraordinary journey into uncharted territory. In order to convince Charles that it would be okay to publish this ground breaking saga, Marie suggested that he change the names of his friends and places. Notwithstanding the disclaimer in front of the book, everything in the books is true and happened to Charles James Hall"

The World We Knew

"The second book in the Millennial Hospitality series continues Charles James Hall's account of his true experiences with the extraterrestrial people, Charles calls the Tall Whites. This captivating book reads like a novel and does not attempt to prove the existence of extraterrestrials . It provides an etiquette book for the 21st century."

The Road Home

"Millennial Hospitality III - The Road Home contains the most terrifying incident of all. The Road Home contains accounts of Airman Hall's year in Vietnam, just prior to his return to civilian life. The chapter, "Yes", gives the true account of how Airman First Class Kenneth E. Baker, enlisted from La Porte, Texas, died to save Charles' life. The appendix contains Charles's previously copyrighted paper, Hall Photon Theory."

After Hours

"Book four in the Millennial Hospitality series is a bit different from the previous three in that it no longer disguises place names. In addition to Charles James Hall's now familiar style of accounting of his true experiences with extraterrestrials, whom he calls the Tall Whites, After Hours has a section on credible updates, answers to frequently asked questions, and additional writing about Hall Photon Theory."

So what we have here is just another fantastical account about aliens, another anecdotal story with little to no evidence at all and I was fully aware of that when I bought the books but I thought I would read them and consider them as just another sci-fi novel.
Unfortunately the literary quality and style of the author was in my opinion terrible and to compound things he did like to beat his own drum as every incident whether connected with aliens or not was a triumph to his intelligence, bravery or just being an alround mr nice guy and one thing I value most in people is a little modesty so you can imagine I was
slightly irritated.

What is different about this story that seperates it from every other tale told about aliens I have come across is it is not Grey obssesed and these aliens, although there was a dark side to them, had a dry sense of humour liked to go clothes shopping and having fun in Vegas so not the usual anal probing adductors or profoundly benevolent type that wants to teach us how to save the planet, their technology was less then perfect too, for instance the craft they use sometimes broke down and they had children that behaved, well like children.

You might ask then why I bought the next 2 books, well I suppose like a lot of people I wanted to know how it ended and that's exactly what I did and for a long time, well 3 years to be precise, I just forgot about it, but then I started to
ponder on the guys psychology.

What crossed my mind is he sates that he was originally writing this as an autobiography for his grandchildren to read and I thought if this was me would I deliberatly lie to my grandchildren in fact how many people out there would lie to their grandchildren, that would be a pretty cruel thing to do wouldn't it and it is not something you could change your mind about later either because it is out there now in black and white.

Well I suppose it could be a future gravy train for his children and grand children but I do not think a very reliable one and what is the price of sincerity to a future generation if money is worth more then truth.

What is my opinion ?, frankly I just don't know but as you see it did make me stop and think a little longer about Mr Hall.

Charles Hall at Excon 2005 :

Google Video Link

Further Investigations of Charles Hall and Tall Whites at Nellis Air Force Base: The David Coote Interviews

Investigations conducted to corroborate Charles Hall testimony so far indicate that Charles has stuck closely to the actual events and personnel described in his series of books. The three witness testimonies and the Las Vegas Review journal all offer independent confirmation for various aspects of Hall's testimony. This provides independent evidence that Charles Hall's claims about the Tall Whites being based on a secure and isolated military facility on Nellis Air Force base are worth serious consideration by researchers into the UFO phenomenon and exopolitics

Charles Hall's Photon Theory

Analysis of the background to Charles Halls books

Map of area where the encounters take place

[edit on 19-5-2010 by sherpa]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I would recommend fast forwarding the Excon 2005 video until the 5 min mark as they seem to have a problem with the audio until that point.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Unfortunately the literary quality and style of the author was in my opinion terrible and to compound things he did like to beat his own drum as every incident whether connected with aliens or not was a triumph to his intelligence, bravery or just being an alround mr nice guy and one thing I value most in people is a little modesty so you can imagine I was slightly irritated.

I know it's been a year, Sherpa, but I recently picked up Millenial Hospitality and read it again in practically one sitting. Your comment about the literary style is spot-on, and the observation about the rather bloated self-importance, brilliant, courageous, super-airman passages throughout the book really was kind of a turn-off. After a while it became so predictable, I found myself imagining a "BS-meter" floating over the book topping out ans in some instances sending off sparks as it got pretty thick.

To me, perhaps you as well, and my guess is that to most readers, this BS-alarm constantly going off took away substantially from the believability of the whole account. If Charlie needed his ego stroked so bad that he was always inflating his own character in the book, it makes you wonder what else was 'inflated' by Charlie.

I also noticed a substantial number of typographical and grammatical errors. Now, usually a keen observer may spot one or two in a large literature work like this, but this volume was loaded with them - sometimes several on a single page, that again, it makes one wonder about the care that was taken to keep things accurate and, even if it was intended to be fictional, as at least believable.

Finally, and this was by far the most annoying factor, there were just too many "mistakes" in the book. Charlie would describe one incident with one of the white fluorescent lights, then immediately contradict his own statement a page or two later. Or he would throw impossible time frames or sequential processes together that made no sense. His constant vomiting episodes and shaky nervousness for the slightest problem sure didn't sound like a 'super-airman' to me. When he was unloading the helium cylinders from the truck, for example, this 'super-airman' became so worn out and exhausted that he was vomiting for half an hour into the sand. I mean, c'mon, sure the cylinders may have been heavy and unwieldy, but to have to stop and vomit and practically pass out every time you move a couple of them?

And the 'impossibility' factor also manifested in behavioral and physical limitations that were constantly violated. Charlie 'supposed' he saw apparitions, then knew they were real, then was convinced he saw ghosts, then did not fear the lights, then was terrified by the hallucinations, then was fearless again, then... yadda yadda... He knew his truck would be impossible to start, but then he didn't even try, then he knew it would start, and then it did after all (?). He could read the minds of others, but had no idea what they were thinking; and described conversation as "being heard" but the characters were over a 1 1/2 miles from his location. WHO heard the conversation? Super-Charlie can hear soft conversation from over a mile away I guess...

The dialogue also seemed highly contrived. As a veteran myself, I can tell you that some of the supposed conversation that Charlie recounts, even under the circumstances he portrays, simply would not have taken place as he described. Everyone from the chow hall cooks to the gate guards, to the generals, to the staff sergeants, to his buddies in the barracks, to the Tall Whites themselves all had the "Charlie voice". They all droned on endlessly about how smart and strong and wonderful and special Charlie was - yet they all used the same words, mannerisms, cadence, and speech patterns. A simple phone call or passing in a hallway somehow always turned into yet another drawn-out Charlie-ism. Doesn't ANY character in this book simply say, "Hey, Charlie - how's it going?"

Now - as critical as the above may seem - here's the real shocker: I LOVED this book! With all of it's self aggrandizement, blatant narcissism, distracting errors, sloppy prose, poor grammar, unbelievable character situations, and so on - I still was enthralled. Why? I think it was because I so want to believe it. I want it to be true. In my soul-searching I really don't buy it, not in it's entirety, that's for sure. BUT - if even a small fraction of it is true, if the Tall Whites really exist, or any similar manifestation of them, then I would be ecstatic.

Charlie's tale works (so far) not because it is a true story or because it is good writing (because I am convinced neither of these is the case), but because it give us a glimmer of hope that "they" exist, are (or can be) benevolent, that they may even be altruistic, that our government does in fact know about them, and that a relationship with them has been continuous and on-going.

So - thanks Sherpa - I'm about to start the next volume in the series. If nothing else I expect to be entertained. Frustrated as well perhaps, but that's ok. I still think that Charlie, or at least the infinitesimal portion of him that may be real, will make the reading worthwhile and the time well-spent...

new topics

join