It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel Universe Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Im not too educated in the field, but ive done some thinking and i thought about this relating to parallel universes...

Say there is planet A and planet B...planet A deploys a space-craft of some sort...and thus planet B does so also. If parallel universes exist, at one point wouldnt both space crafts hit eachother? If this is impossible...what would happen? Any help? Thanks

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Only if they were in the others space and time. But if parallel universes are the way I think of them, that is, being spacially seperated and probably in time as well, then no. Theres a theory that universes are curled into our own, thus we are curled in anothers. Then theres just the whole different place concept. I'm sure theres more.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
In parrallel universes each universe goes on unaware of the others exsistence so no the spacships would not hit each other. The theory is basically a side effect of the uncertainty principle that states you can never know a particles velocity and position at the same time. This lead so scientists to theorize the parralell universe theory and that the particles jumped from one universe to the next.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
There's theories to support both a "Hit" and a "Miss" Scenario

If you choose to believe the "Bubble" theoriests, then maybe yes, they WOULD collide (or rather, it is possible they could collide). How is this possible? Very simply, because Parallel Universes exist literally parrallel to each other. Where ours stops, the next one starts.

On the other hand, if you ask enough Wave Theorists, they'll probably say "No Way!" How come? Because according to THEIR theories, Parallel Universes could exist, but at a different "frequency".

Like two cars, traveling on two roads, that run in the same direction, but in separate parts of town, there's no way that two cars could collide and remain in their respective Universes.

Is this making any sense? I hope so!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rewind the silver

Say there is planet A and planet B...planet A deploys a space-craft of some sort...and thus planet B does so also. If parallel universes exist, at one point wouldnt both space crafts hit eachother? If this is impossible...what would happen? Any help? Thanks

If this were true then wouldn't I walk into myself every time I took a step?
Or does the planet Earth not exist in these parallel universes? It is a paradox indeed.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I guess we would have to think of the dimensions as a slice of bread for lack of a better comparison. We are traveling through time in this time slice. The next dimension is in the next slice and so forth and so on. So, we could ultimate have limitess dimensions. Just a thought.... maybe not a good one, but one manyways...

new topics

top topics

join