It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Survival of the United States

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Alex Jones interviewed Dr. Edwin Vieira on his program May 18, 2010. During this interview it was pointed out that in the United States it has gotten to the point that there is utter lawlessness in all three branches of the Federal government, and if we're going to keep our republic and avoid going into serfdom under a world government, it's going to have to be through the States.

Dr. Vieira talked about two things that the States must do if we are going to survive: establish the power of the purse and the sword. I agree with this concept.

He said that we'll have to have an alternative currency in place, and we'll have to have a "well-regulated militia," as the U.S. Constitution calls for, functioning within each State of the Union.

Here is a YouTube video of that portion of the program:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
In my view, the states originally where countries. In fact the use of the word "state" was a deliberate misdirection and probably from the "Church State" concept of expanding Vatican Authority. However, you need to understand that the original united States for America Constitution and union was suspended for the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA corporation and substitute constitution in 1871. The 3 branches of "Government" have been operating the fraud ever since. Restoring the union to the original constitution and refusing the corporate system including the corporate states is the answer. Currently the States are fulling in complaint with the USA. The States/Countries should be in a co-operative Union. The primary goal is to return to the original constitution and end the corporate system.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Star and Flag for you.
Now what I need is more information as to what can be done locally by the average person to help get this started.
It seems to me that Arizona has a fair start on this and many states have already sent notice to the Federal government.

Quote: "More than 35 states have passed, or are in the process of passing, a resolution to remind the federal government there is a limit to central government power. That limit was set forth in the 10th amendment, part of the Bill of Rights Patrick Henry and others wanted added to the US Constitution."
www.theusreport.com...

How would one go about setting up an alternate curency backed by gold or silver? We really do not need another fiat curency.

Some states already have Militias but they are not "well regulated" by the state or local governments, currently they are self regulated and in some cases very disorganized.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
The primary goal is to return to the original constitution and end the corporate system.

Do you think this is possible?

I'm looking for some encouragement from someone. Anybody out there?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC
How would one go about setting up an alternate curency backed by gold or silver? We really do not need another fiat curency.

I do not know very much about economics and I'm just beginning to research how money is created, etc., but I worry about currency backed by a precious metal, because doesn't that limit the amount of wealth there can be according to how much of that precious metal there is?

Maybe this is not the time to have that debate; maybe the alternative currency should be backed by gold or silver because the concept is time-honored and it would be the most expedient thing to do.

As to how to go about it, good question!!

One thing I've thought about on the topic of how to organize ourselves State by State is that it would be good if we could have alternative journalism on the internet that is State-specific. Something along the lines of Alex Jones' program - one in each State.

Some states already have Militias but they are not "well regulated" by the state or local governments, currently they are self regulated and in some cases very disorganized.

I think it is very important that this militia originate with the State legislatures.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
U.S. law prevents states from issuing their own currency but allows private groups to print paper scrip, though not coins, said Lewis Solomon, a professor of law at George Washington University, who studies local currencies.

"As long as you don't turn out quarters and you don't turn out something that looks like the U.S. dollar, it's legal," Solomon said.
www.boston.com...

In "Rethinking Our Centralized Monetary System," law professor Lewis Soloman states, 'There is no legal prohibition to local scrip, community currencies or private exchange systems in the United States. The fact that there have been no challenges to the systems already in operation support that finding. Taxation operates under the same fundamental rules of trading with the national currency.'
www.strike-the-root.com...

Two alternative views here which is correct? Any law students or professors out there?
edit for spelling.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by RedmoonMWC]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
U.S. National Militia Directory
www.constitution.org...
Directory by State
The following are links to unofficial Web pages for each state, each of which will include links to locally-maintained constitutional militia Web sites as these become known. These pages are for the convenience of state and local militias until they can develop their own, and to provide a uniform reference system for the militia movement as a whole. Note that these pages are for constitutional militias only, those dedicated to the preservation, protection, and defense of the Constitutions for the United States and of their state, open to all citizens so dedicated, regardless of race, color, gender, or views on nonconstitutional issues.

Alternative Currency: Now a Crime?
www.kevinalfredstrom.com...

Other ideas on Alternative Currencies (these all seem to be fiat currencies):

www.dancingrabbit.org...

www.buildfreedom.com...
vimeo.com...

Money of stable value depends on price-level stability, which, in
turn, depends on the existing monetary order or monetary regime. What kind of monetary order or regime is most likely to provide stable money? F. A. Hayek (1976, 1978) has suggested that amonetary regime characterized by free banking and competing currencies
offers the best chance for achieving stable money.

www.cato.org...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

The primary goal is to return to the original constitution and end the corporate system.

Do you think this is possible?

I'm looking for some encouragement from someone. Anybody out there?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually one might say that Arizona's stance is the spark that lit the
fuse. Whether or not the fuse will continue to burn, or be extinguished, only time will tell.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

This is a great video on what will happen to currency and how to prepare:

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

U.S. law prevents states from issuing their own currency but allows private groups to print paper scrip, though not coins, said Lewis Solomon, a professor of law at George Washington University, who studies local currencies.

"As long as you don't turn out quarters and you don't turn out something that looks like the U.S. dollar, it's legal," Solomon said.
www.boston.com...

In "Rethinking Our Centralized Monetary System," law professor Lewis Soloman states, 'There is no legal prohibition to local scrip, community currencies or private exchange systems in the United States. The fact that there have been no challenges to the systems already in operation support that finding. Taxation operates under the same fundamental rules of trading with the national currency.'

Two alternative views here which is correct?

Reading the above, I'm confused. You're quoting the same person twice?

What are the two opposing views?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

In my view, the states originally where countries.

They were sovereign independent nations. Read the treaty of 1783 where the king of england recognized each of the 13 colonies as sovereign independent nations.

Our government is a counterfeit corporation with no legitimacy, issuing a counterfeit currency back by nothing but debt and big guns.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

www.boston.com...

In "Rethinking Our Centralized Monetary System," law professor Lewis Soloman states, The fact that there have been no challenges to the systems already in operation support that finding. Taxation operates under the same fundamental rules of trading with the national currency.'

Two alternative views here which is correct? 'There is no legal prohibition to local scrip, community currencies or private exchange systems in the United States.

Reading the above, I'm confused. You're quoting the same person twice?

What are the two opposing views?

My mis-reading of the two statements: in the first he states that "
U.S. law prevents states from issuing their own currency "

and I mis-read the second where he says "'There is no legal prohibition to local scrip, community currencies or private exchange systems in the United States." Looking at "Local" as meaning State-wide rather than city or county wide only.

Sorry about my confusion.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

A short primer on the Monitary system:
These have all been posted in these forums before but deserve a revisit occasionally.
Part 1

www.youtube.com...

Part 2

www.youtube.com...

Part 3

www.youtube.com...

Part 4

www.youtube.com...

Part 5

www.youtube.com...

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and money system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."
Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

If the average person on the street understood this there would be revolution by morning. Just my opinion, of course.

I have not understood the monetary system, and I'm busy trying to educate myself.

I have another thread going based on a book I'm reading, Web of Debt by Ellen Hodgson Brown, J.D. I'm just getting in to her chapters on solutions.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Having read Creature from jekyll Island, Web of Debt, Life Inc, Genius of the Beast recently I would have to say that the government doesn't understand economics either.

Remember when Ron Paul was running for President in 2008 and the owners of "Liberty Dollar" created some coins with Paul's profile upon them? Well, they were confiscated cause the Goverment thought they would confuse people or be mistaken for real currency?

I thought that was probably one of the weirdest things I have ever heard the Neo-cons and Liberals claim at the time, It was an attempt also to try and discredit Paul's momentum.

Recently Glenn Beck has been investigated by Obamabots for running Goldline ads. It seems to me that they need everyone using the currency they want us to use, Federal Reserve dollars, if that fails I think they are prepared to take seige of the US.

They seem to want everyone hooked into the systems of currency and trading they prefer so they can pull off a crash that wipes out whatever they couldn't get rid of the last time. They need us dependent on the central bankng systems, they would even oppose "social currencies" or "barter" that the writers like Douglas Rushkoff would prefer, cause they can't control it.

The run up deficits in order to make us dependent on them for help, then we can't dispute them if they entangle us in their "wizard of OZ" confidence game, that maybe all they have up their sleeves, they know that most people have figured it out, so they are trying to disrupt our non-compliance by making it illegal.

They also use offshoring and illegal immigration to further control labor and play them off against each other, and keep the middle class from gainign any ground, let alone the poor and already legal immigrants trying to get by admist all the "Race to the Bottom" all this division via race that politicians are creating, by making no rules or boundaries, they make Americans just pawns no different than Mexicans, Thais, Greeks, Chinese, we all become prison labor competition, who will work for the cheapest wages, who will secure business for borderless corporations to pillage and wage civil war against borders, cultures and states? The politicians are working for the goldman Sachs not the small town business owner, they use the world to destroy it while they are on the top of the power scheme so no one can challenge them, they expect Americans to be Global Citzens not Americans anymore, they want it to be over.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

This may be a possible solution.
Any thoughts?
Watch the video clips. Listen to what he has to say about what they are doing in Alaska.
www.lincolncountywatch.org...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Watch the video clips. Listen to what he has to say about what they are doing in Alaska.

I recognize that guy in the second clip right away. He was present representing Alaska at the Continental Congress 2009 that took place last November in St. Charles, Illinois. I followed that event closely.

He was interviewed a couple of times at that event. He's a character!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I agree that a return to constitutional law would be in the best interests of the people. The problem I see is that they are ready for people to revolt I think. That is what all of the FEMA camps are in place for. Hopefully Chris Rock knew what he was talking about with:

"Bush lied to me, they all lied to me: "We gotta go to Iraq because they're the most dangerous country on Earth. They're the most dangerous regime in the world." If they're so dangerous, how come it only took two weeks to take over the whole #ing country? #. Man, you couldn't take over Baltimore in two weeks."

Somethings got to give before too long. Too much pressure is building up.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Watch the video clips.

Here's the first clip:

One historical inaccuracy in the clip is that the original Constitutional Convention was held in secret because of the King of England. It wasn't because it was held in 1787 and the war was over in 1783. Actually, it has always bothered me that the Founding Fathers held the convention in secret.

I like the way the citizens in the clip are getting together and discussing issues! I like that they're informed about specific goings on in their county.

The country sheriff is mentioned as being important. There was a conference that just took place in Santa Cruz, CA called "Understanding Deep Politics." Jim Marrs was one of the speakers and panelists on a solutions panel. When asked what we should be doing to take back our republic, Jim answered that we should start with the county sheriff, who is elected, and is the highest law enforcement officer in the county.

I've heard this before.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
[edit on 20-5-2010 by ofhumandescent]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join