It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another idiot! Video, whining about law and has not read it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I do not know what to say.

Another idiot in our government, that is doing an interview on the Arizona law on illegal immigrants.

And has not read the DAMN law!

EXCUSE ME!

[edit on 5/19/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Yes, I saw that yesterday. What a shill! I have read the law, figured it was my duty to at least read it before making comment on the matter. Did the minions in Washington forget how to read or something? Even Eric Holder, the attorney general of the united States stated he hadn't read it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
If they dont bother to read the laws they support why would they bother to read the laws they do not?

I'm starting to wonder if these people are even literate.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
So a country of immigrants wants to stop immigrants. Your all immigrants, how can you have a law against everyone in your country.

Thats how absurd this thing is. The police are probably all immigrants too, and your telling them to arrest others for rules the police break.

The rule and law is absurd.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

This video does have to do with the law. My viewpoint is, how the hell can anyone form an opinion on a law, they have not even read.

Must be like people here on ATS that will comment on a thread that have not even read the OP, watched the video or read any of the links. Typical.

As for a country of immigrants, tell me, Canada is full of immigrants, do they have borders?

How bout Mexico, they are full of immigrants, do they have borders?

Frell your immigrant argument.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This entire debate has the taint that defiles practically each and every debate this nation has, and I'm pretty sure it's on purpose.

The media and/or government, it seems, frames these debates like you would for a child (ie giving two choices that are pre-approved) and are not proper representations of the real issues.

The AZ law does nothing the Federal law does not do, however their authority to do that might be in question.

Either way, bailing out water (enforcing broken law) is a moot point when you don't first plug the hole or free the resources (military) to do it.

This entire debate is between two sides pushing two unrealistic goals backwards.

It's like no one can think outside the parameters presented to them, and this is evidenced by the myriad threads on the topic that soundly rest inside those slim margins.

Endisnigh, be a part of the solution, not the problem. Yes I understand there are idiots who will scream racism, this is nothing new in this country and really shouldn't surprise you.

This is a non-issue as the two sides do the same thing.

Peace
KJ

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Agreed, I just find these morons in government, state an opinion and they are doing it from ignorance.

Which really peeves me.

Later.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

We are not a nation of immigrants. That argument is as tired and worn out as the "Arizona is racist!!!!!" argument and they are both usually used by people who lack the intelligence to debate facts.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I knew this bull# attack segment from the bastion of journalistic integrity was going to show up on ATS. I watched it live on Fox and it's a #ing joke. This is nothing more than a propaganda piece from a talking head. The original question was "Did the government apologize to China for the Arizona law?" This was the assertion of Fox News despite no one ever saying this in any of the clips they played. When the Federal Rep said as much, the talking head commentator 180ed and started going after the guy. Why is it the responsibility of this guy to read the Law? He's a federal rep and the law is a state law. Also he was brought on to speak about our political talks with China, not commentary on the state law. Just the Right getting dramatic and creating an issue literally out of thin air. It's a complete joke this is being peddled on here. But then again if you people don't care about the context or the reality of the situation and just want to have a bitch fest over nothing, that's your choice.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by PatesHatriots]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PatesHatriots

So you did not see this?

Posner apologizes about the US of A and the Arizona law.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Are you dense? Where in that clip does he say "We're sorry" "We apologize" "We're wrong" "Our bad"

...No where?

So how is it an apology?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
See and that is the problem that is created when people do not read the bill.

The bill does not limit immigration, it limits people that are not supposed to be here from physically being here, without punishment. Any person is free to immigrate by the same methods that my great grandparents did, legally.

They may have been born in Italy, but they died as Americans in America, that whole citizenship thing.

I have read the bill, and in all honesty I do not understand what the big deal is, it was nothing like what was being hyped by the msm.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PatesHatriots

Paraphrase-

"We brought it up uh early and often uh it was it was mentioned in the first session uh and uh as a as a uh it is a troubling trend uh in our society and a uh an indication that we have to deal with uh uh issue of uh discrimination of uh potential discrimination and these are issues of that we uh have to debate in our society"

Yes, it was hard to understand what he was saying. Which is what asshats do when they are caught with their pants down. They make excuses for something that um unh aua; aga;a;
have NOTHING to do with discrimination.

Hell yes they are apologizing! For nothing more than a state enforcing federal law!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Apparently English isn't your thing.

Main Entry: apol·o·gy
Pronunciation: \ə-ˈpä-lə-jē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural apol·o·gies
Etymology: Middle French or Late Latin; Middle French apologie, from Late Latin apologia, from Greek, from apo- + logos speech — more at legend
Date: 1533

1 a : a formal justification : defense b : excuse 2a
2 : an admission of error or discourtesy accompanied by an expression of regret
3 : a poor substitute : makeshift

Again where does he say "This law is wrong" or "Sorry China"

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I'm upset about our immigration laws and I'd like to see every politician thrown out of office or worse. However this is simply manufacturing an issue out of thin air. We're to the point in this country where this is becoming like a Pavlovian response. "Government BAD!" All the sheep "Yes... government bad! Must make new thread..." If Americans would actually pay attention and do two things that are becoming a rarity in our society (listen and utilize critical thinking skills) we could filter through a lot of this idiocy and get to real issues.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
With each passing day the position I have taken on this law is further validated by the actions of the opposition. I have said this before, these people are beig intellectually dishonest, and THIS is what happens to people who care not for credibility.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Exactly, what the hell are they even discussing something for, that they cannot speak intelligently on?

I mean, talk about ignorance. It almost sounds like these people are either completely stupid, completely over their heads, or just do not give a damn about anything.

They are going to push their agenda and damn the outcome. They have a plan and they are going to stick to it.

If I did not know any better, they almost seem to be screwing up on purpose.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

here's a general rule of thumb that any reasonably intelligent person should try to adopt from time to time:

If main stream media takes a stance on something - you should probably consider not listening to them and siding against it.

Regardless of which network it is...but ESPECIALLY if it's coming from Faux News.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I do not care what faux states, never have, never will. I am listening to the GENIUS talking to the press describing what went on in China, and his explanation of it.

I can and do form my own opinion.

It is amazing how some people can do that. I think it is called intelligence.

Amazingly enough, just the other day all kinds of networks and media actually sided with Glenn Beck on the Citizenship issue and the Miranda rights.

I guess because Glenn Beck felt that way, I should think the exact opposite, RIGHT?

top topics

join