It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report says 13 hurt in latest China knife attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Report says 13 hurt in latest China knife attack

news.yahoo.com

BEIJING – At least five men armed with knives burst into the dormitory of a vocational college Wednesday and slashed nine students, one of them seriously, sparking new fears in a country on edge over a series of shocking rampages, many of them at schools.

The pre-dawn attack took place in Haikou, the capital of the southern island province of Hainan, when five or six men burst into a dormitory at the Hainan Institute of Science and Technology and slashed the students, the China News Service reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
This story came out 33 minutes ago according to the news site at the time I posted this.

There have been so many knife attacks recently, and they dont seem to stop.

According to the article, 4 students were hurt before another 9 were hurt later on. One student lost a hand.

The article says the students were older than the previous attacks, but still pretty young. Well, teens/early twenties I personally consider young.

There's still more information coming out, so there still may be stuff missing.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-5-2010 by buni11687]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
What the heck is going on here? Why all these mass knifings?

Out of curiosity, do Chinese police carry firearms as a matter of routine?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Ok now, there is something mental going on here. I would like to know if all the attackers have been hearing voices, were slipped drugs e.c.t.

edit: alright, after reading some, it seems most have been labeled "mentally ill" meaning what...that manic depressives, schizophrenics and those suffering psychosis often go on knifing sprees targeting children and students? I would be surprised if half of all the attacks were not "foul play".

[edit on 19-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Because it was a vocational college, the students would have been much older than the children targeted in a string of attacks at schools across China in the last two months.

The reports said the violence began with a confrontation late Tuesday between some of the college's students eating at a food stall outside the school and men from the surrounding villages. Such schools usually attract students in their late teens and early twenties.

Four of the students were attacked with knives and police were called, but left after questioning the students, the reports said. The villagers then called for reinforcements and attacked the school at about 2:30 a.m. (1830 GMT), the reports said.

The attack follows five separate assaults by lone assailants against schoolchildren as young as three in the last two months that have left 17 dead and more than 50 wounded, including some adults.

I dont fully understand what was going on, but from what Ive read it looks like a group of upper teens/early twenties, somehow got into an argument and then I guess they got mad and started stabbing the group??? This story has got me confused.

"Four of the students were attacked with knives and police were called, but left after questioning the students, the reports said. The villagers then called for reinforcements and attacked the school at about 2:30 a.m. ", eh, this part has me pretty confused to? Students were attacked, police called but left after questioning, then the villagers call for renforcments and then attack the school??? This is too confusing for me until new information comes out.

Edit - After thinking about it for a little bit, it's looking like it was just 2 groups of people mad at eachother, and then one side went crazy and started stabbing. Im guessing it was problably some stupid disagreement with eachother that started the entire thing, or there was a mental problem with one of them.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Im glad it wasnt children this time, but still, this is still pretty bad. A student lost their hand! Im starting to think some people are really losing their mind, literally. What would justify cutting someones hand off in a school? I also wonder why this always happens at schools? Maybe the education system is doing/adding something that people's minds cant handle?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Why can't the Chinese government wise up and ban knives.
At least put serial numbers on them and register them.

Then they can issue licenses to everyone that passes a mental health check.

top topics

join