It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to challenge your current being

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
First off, I want to explain that all our lives can be roughly drawn on paper.

Let's say, as you are born you are just this blip of life with no shape.
So you draw small circle on paper.
Next to that circle, you follow a line upwards that reveals approximately 6800 circles in a row from right to left. These circles represent languages.
Your parents are English so you move over the circle that represents English.
Next, we are met with religions. You find the Catholic circle and flow through that circle.
Now we are met with school (education very much varies by location). You find your school and cross over that which leads on to another group of schools, then another group of schools. All of these 3 groups of schools represent the different schools you attended over a lifetime.
Finally, we travel up another branch and are met with jobs. You follow the tree up crossing off or passing through the circles representing jobs that you have done up to this point.
Oook, now the line passes over to the right where we are met with over 7 billion circles. These representing people you encountered in a lifetime.

Basically I can end it there. It's very simplified for understanding. There are many branches that come off from friends or people you have met that would have a small tree with things that you learned from them or in ways they influenced your life.

In the end if you really look at the big picture. You are always this 1 small circle that doesn't change. A life form that has picked up only experiences in a lifetime that stack on the side of your being. This is what makes a person who they are. All these experiences influence what a person does, says, knows, over a lifetime.

Now how does this relate to religion?
If god existed in the way that Earthly religions depict, then he would judge our lives unfairly. Of course we have choices in life, but those choices are shaped from experience, influence and acquired knowledge. We really aren't making valued or meaningful decisions at all. Everything that I have acquired through life leads me on to do this and this and this. It's almost like a whole lifetime is predictable.
Can we be fairly judged for that? There's almost infinitely more things I can learn and encounter in life that would change the overall result of my being. How can I be judged for living? If I do bad in life, then I am just a victim of the experiences.

In conclusion, I don't believe in man made gods. As this following video will explain, god is infinitely incomprehendible. For people to be certain he exists is placing certainty on uncertainty. Why would our small race in the small time that it existed, think that it has the answers to our being? Religion holds back free thinking I think, instead of looking to the stars and wanting to achieve greater heights.. Many are trapped in a safety box, one they are afraid to leave. It's very easy to understand, we are all victims of society. Knowledge is scattered. You will be very fortunate to come across something that opens your mind to further branches of knowledge.

The video is very much worth seeing. If you made it this far, cheers.
Lastly, if the video doesn't load just click the words under it that say "Youtube Link".

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 20-5-2010 by super genius]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nightrun

Thats very awesome.

I hate circles though.

Kidding.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
nah, you got wrong mate....it's just that we think the creator of this reality want's us to think of Him and not his creation as glory. then, we discover one can talk to Him and He talks back. He'll cut ya a deal!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

nah... hes got more white hair on his beard then the morivingian.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

You can be a square if you want. I realize I kind of made a mistake explaining what a chart or image would look like, but I think it sort-of worked...

Thanks anyway, I suppose the theory could do with refining..
You can't tell the future without knowing ALL the variables like weather, location, lighting, sounds. Everything changes the outcome, but after something has happened like "Circle killed this person here", and you map it down. It's all easy to understand on paper because all the encounters and knowledge acquired led up to that result.

If a "god" existed, this is how he could read the future without us even being born. Just by knowing every variable his intelligence would know the rest. So I assume anyway........ For now

[edit on 20/5/2010 by nightrun]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The diagram you have outlined is representative of free choice. We choose which circles to enter. Each one is going to leave its impression on each of us, but it is up to us to allow or reject the influences.

If there is a God, his gift to humans is free choice. I don't believe he knows where we're going to end up though. He's just basicly using us as his own sick form of entertainment.

He watches what circles we choose to experience, then he claps or laughs his ass off.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Hate to go against my own theory, but I've been secretly doubting my claims lol.

Are we predictable if we consider every variable? Genetics too, eveything..
Excuse me while I ponder....

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nightrun

exactly, people always mean how god is infinite living and them as nothing but from him as living, from prooving how he did all their lives, but the mean to lie about that fact
they know for sure how god didnt make the life of anyone they are each living the only choice of a set already there they must run after like begging dogs, and they die incognito even to them since they they die without a word to say what they meant in running like dogs

god to be sure for the pleasure in his plans he force souls in free awareness to just enforce the powers of wills to that particular move

he must really be such evil enjoying the traps he makes to everyone and those pleasures in going to details for convincing a move
and all that to mean nothing but him
and as evil liar never meaning nothing truth, keeping inventing heavens and dreams to his faithful dogs to mean exclusively him as nothing else beside hell to everyone always and from hells made to everyone his heaven where the most like him in depth but ready to not mean being else as satan and know how they know they must mean always only god, can maybe pretend eternity with god but im not sure, he is too evil to give any reality fact to anyone, only to satan he could meant it from what satan is more his living truth if he wasnt born rich

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I dare to say we make too much of man's sins.

Suppose I wanted to live the life of a modern day Ghengis Khan and civilize all the savages. Perhaps depending on how clever I was I could closely imitate the formative moments of the "historical type" just updated a bit.

Or, if I wasn't clever it could be an unconscious process like what Jung called "archetypes".

Of coarse fate in this system plays a large role. Where you are born, early childhood experiences, schooling, etc. Although, there could be a seperate row of infinite circles that deals with perception, how changing your outlook can affect the positioning of all the previous circles making a 3-d representation.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by AProphet1233]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightrun
reply to post by Afterthought

Hate to go against my own theory, but I've been secretly doubting my claims lol.

Are we predictable if we consider every variable? Genetics too, eveything..
Excuse me while I ponder....

If more people would ponder, this would be a better world.

In regards to if we are predictable, most people are only as predictable in their choice of roads. By this I mean that it's pretty easy to determine who will take the high road, who will take the low road, who will take the path of least resistance, & who will take the road less traveled. All of this is shaped as we mature, then again, how many people actually mature?
Now, if you'll excuse me as I ponder....

new topics

top topics

join