It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds: Nightstick at polls 'not prosecutable': (New Black Panther Voter intimidation case)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Commission demands to know why Obama administration gave Black Panthers free pass

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31f113685d69.jpg[/atsimg]
New Black Panther Party members outside polling place on Election Day

The U.S. Commission on Civil Rights is demanding to know why the Obama administration Justice Department dropped a civil complaint accusing three members of the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense of wielding a nightstick and threatening voters at a Philadelphia polling place last Election Day.

The commission, an independent body charged with investigating civil-rights complaints and making recommendations to the federal government, held a hearing on the case May 14. Thomas Perez, assistant attorney general of the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department, gave testimony, stating that "the facts did not constitute a prosecutable violation of the federal criminal civil rights statutes."

As WND reported, two men, Minister King Samir Shabazz and Jerry Jackson, wearing paramilitary uniforms and armed with a nightsticks, blocked a doorway to a polling location to intimidate voters. Shabazz is leader of the Philadelphia chapter of the New Black Panther Party.

Source: www.wnd.com...

I don't know how much more you need to know but there is a thuck load of info in the main source story. I will tell you what, we are US citizens better get a hold of this crap and put a stop to it. NOW.

Obama should be ashamed of the Justice Dept and I think should make Eric Holder and his clowns resign. But that is the problem. Obama thinks Holder and Clown Co are doing a good job. SEE?

[edit on 5/19/2010 by anon72]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Glad that stuff didn't go down in OK. Those boys woulda been beat the F down.

Or worse.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

Yes, thats what I thought I would be saying about Pennsylvania. ugh....

They must of had some reassurances they weren't going to be in any big trouble. But, on the other hand, it is Philly.

[edit on 5/19/2010 by anon72]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Can you imagine though if it were the KKK or one of those militia groups intimidating voters at the polls? There would be federal agents crawling out of sewers and rappelling from helicopters to arrest them and then they would be sent to prison for 100,000,000 years.

I guess it's ok as long as it not a White guy breaking the law ....

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Well this was what Doc Velocity was referring to on another thread. Well You guys must now know me as the arguementative black guy..

I would like to support this "Brothers" and would do so to Paraphrase Marx "Like a noose supports a hanging man".

I can think of very little good coming out of the Black moslems.

The original article states intimidation and it looks like it well could have been. The taping of night sticks in hands is a sure fire gesture in the USA.

Please do not associate all angry or upset black people with these Goons.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
Glad that stuff didn't go down in OK. Those boys woulda been beat the F down.

Or worse.

I hear ya brother! Stupid crap like that only happens in the north.

Why is that? City folk? Curious.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by anon72

Well this was what Doc Velocity was referring to on another thread. Well You guys must now know me as the arguementative black guy..

I would like to support this "Brothers" and would do so to Paraphrase Marx "Like a noose supports a hanging man".

I can think of very little good coming out of the Black moslems.

The original article states intimidation and it looks like it well could have been. The taping of night sticks in hands is a sure fire gesture in the USA.

GET'EM HOSS! I GOTCHA BACK!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

To add further insult to injury one of the dudes in that famous video is an elected official in Philly.

Jerry Jackson, notorious member of the New Black Panther Party, who was seen in the video below intimidating and threatening voters in 2008, is running for re-election as a member of the Democratic Executive Committee in Philadelphia.

Here is the “sample ballot” for the 14th Ward, 4th Division. A sample ballot is posted outside of each polling location. You can see Jackson is listed first in a field of three. The top two vote getters will be elected to a four year term as a member of the Democratic Executive Committee. In 2008, Jackson was issued a certificate by the Democratic Party to be inside of the polling place where he was seen intimidating voters.

Jackson and King Samir Shabazz were originally indicted for intimidating voters, but the Department of Justice spiked the case.

biggovernment.com... overnment+%28Big+Government%29

Makes sense to me

Wave a night stick and intimidate voters...Run for elected public office.....win....run for reelection....Priceless

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by anon72

Star on your post!
They represent a true minority in this case(militant black muslims).

No one should be judged by their actions, except for they themselves.

Too bad that isn't going to happen!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well, Jerry Jackson Jr. won his re-election. Glad to see that our Justice System is working so well then again, this is Philly afterall.

Election Category: WARD EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE-D-14-04
100.00 % 1/1 Precincts Completed.
Overall winner(s) Denoted by Winner vs Runner(s) up
Candidate Name Party Votes % of Total Votes
*JACKSON JR, JERRY DEMOCRATIC 59 34.71 %
*BROWN, WILLIE DEMOCRATIC 79 46.47 %
VANN, RONALD DEMOCRATIC 32 18.82 %

filter.phillyelectionresults.com...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

True but the other Muslins must start to speak up against these actions and people doing them.

More often than not they sit there quietly-They need to be Americans first-when it comes to crime against the USA and it's citizens.

Sorry it is there religion and people doing it but it isn't the Nordic folks doing it so..... We must fight it together.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Very true.

I wonder if other, more peaceful Moslems are in fear if they dare to speak out against the militants?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Then I guess the thugs won. I mean terroist, I mean Voting Locations watchers etc. ugh.

See that is the problem the Justice Dept. is creating. By not doing something with these folks it only opens the door for copy catters and the a like.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Update: Looks like one of the DOJ leading prosecuters on the case has resigned in protest of the dissmissal.

Source

Ex-Justice Dept lawyer says whites' rights ignored
By JESSE WASHINGTON (AP) – 1 day ago

PHILADELPHIA — Witnesses described an ugly scene: Two members of the New Black Panther Party threatening white voters the day Barack Obama was elected president, flinging insults like "white devil" and "you're about to be ruled by the black man, cracker."

The fallout from the case has become even uglier. Most charges against the men were dropped for lack of evidence, the U.S. Justice Department says. Now a former Justice Department lawyer is accusing his ex-superiors of ignoring white voters' rights and creating a systematic "one-way" approach in which only minorities are protected.

The claims by J. Christian Adams are the latest installment of a long-running dispute over Justice Department enforcement of the nation's civil rights laws. It's a political fight over such volatile accusations as black-on-white racism, double standards and payback — issues that are magnified with black men serving as president and attorney general.

"To some, the civil rights laws are not meant to protect all Americans, they are meant to protect certain Americans," Adams, a conservative who helped prosecute the case against the New Black Panthers, wrote in a June 28 essay on pajamasmedia.com. He quit the Justice Department on May 14.

This is another case of the bias in MSM, otherwise why is this story not getting any coverage?

[edit on 3-7-2010 by mhc_70]

[edit on 3-7-2010 by mhc_70]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Was hearing recently more about this case and the corruption involved in it. Well according the whistle blower, who btw had nothing to gain by coming clean about what transpired regarding this case and everything to lose such as his employment/benefits & recognition.

His allegations has more individuals aware of what many had already suspected, that the DoJ is driven by politics and not by justice.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
"You have a nightstick in your hand. That's why I'm kind of worried."
"You have a camera phone in your hand."

Really moments like that make me think my brain might explode. How ignorant do you have to be to equate those two things. A video phone is not able to crush a man's skull and break his ribs.

Like some one else said, if these had been white guys in camo the isht would have hit the fan. We would be hearing how Jim Crow was still alive and white people need to denounce these actions. Then we would see marches and CNN would run "Black In America" parts one and two in a marthon leading up to part three.

Instead they let this go with out so much as an ounce of outrage.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

I can see a couple of guys putting on some white bed sheets and standing in front of a voting station to make a point.

This case has set a precedence, that as long as you aren't carrying weapons you can legally dress and say things in a way to intimidate people who are coming in to vote.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

This case has set a precedence, that as long as you aren't carrying weapons you can legally dress and say things in a way to intimidate people who are coming in to vote.
-----------------------------------------------------------
here let me fix this for you:

This case has set a precedence, that as long as you ARE carrying weapons AND A MINORITY you can legally dress and say things in a way to intimidate people who are coming in to vote.
------------------------------------------------------------

i would place money that if i a white male in my mid thirties showed up to a voting center in combat fatigues and holding a baton(not that i would), i would be arrested and turned into a MSM circus against patriotic americans.

sigh

~meathead

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic
reply to post by mhc_70

-----------------------------------------------------------
here let me fix this for you:

This case has set a precedence, that as long as you ARE carrying weapons AND A MINORITY you can legally dress and say things in a way to intimidate people who are coming in to vote.
------------------------------------------------------------

i would place money that if i a white male in my mid thirties showed up to a voting center in combat fatigues and holding a baton(not that i would), i would be arrested and turned into a MSM circus against patriotic americans.

sigh

~meathead

Well the guy holding the baton was restricted from polling areas for 2 years, which means he can go back for the '12 elections.

top topics

join