It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*CAUTION* Disturbing Footage - LIVE Cow is Fed to Five Hungry Tigers in Front of Tourists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Good! It is far better for them to get live prey. It is better for their mental health as well.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Seeings how tiger population is decreasing at an alarming rate in that part of the world seeing a few of these majestic cats enjoy at least a semi-normal meal is a great thing. They look well fed and cared for.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
For those who say this is not wrong, you are sorely mistaken.
These aminals can be fed humanely.
That is not a wild cow they are eating - this is not a wildness sanctuary.
This is China, where they skin cats and dogs 'alive' - every single day. They have no idea if they're someones pet or a stray, but the animal is well and truely alive and fights for its life, and after its had its skin taken off, its still alive. This is the country where bears are in cages in restraunts with a plug and tap in them getting bile out for soup, or they may have only one paw left as the others have been chopped off for soup - and yep, the bear is still alive.

The park would make more money from donations if the park and tourism were managed the right way - they are not. Buy some stuffed tigers, postcards, tshirts, whatever, and buy the tigers meat already killed. Yes, the animal dies for its meat, but the abatoir is a better place to get it than feeding life animals to it. The tigers wont die if they dont get live meat.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Smiggle

Umm..I am afraid it is you that is sorely mistaken. While I may even agree that the living situation is less than ideal, the fact that these cats are allowed to kill fresh prey is good for thier mental well-being. Make no mistake they ARE wild animals. Feeding them already dead meat that they did not have to excercise at least some skills to feed, produces lethargy in the animals. Granted they probably will never be re-released back to the wild, that shouldn't stop them from trying to give them at least some semblance of normalcy. Of course it is fascinating for tourists, just as most of us here get locked into wildlife shows on TV that show these types of things. I guarantee that those tigers are treated far better than a human in the nearest community to the 'park'.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I guess I would rather see a cow getting eaten than a person, eh?

Tigers will just as happily eat a person as a cow.

That has a lot to do with why they are an endangered species in the wild.

Let's ask a cow whether they would rather die in a butcher shop or in the jaws of a tiger.

Oh, that's right, cows are stupid. They don't converse with anyone.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The reason for this being so "shocking" and "barbaric" isn't because of the animals behaviour.

I'm vegetarian. I chose to be vegetarian because I love animals and as a human and with our progress as a species, I feel I am beyond the need to eat meat.
I'm not going to preach at you. You can and will eat whatever the bleep you like. Same as me.

Even as a vegetarian I am aware it's not barbaric for one animal (or a group of them) to hunt and kill another.

The reason this is barbaric is because having a defenceless, sick animal cornered and killed is being seen as entertainment and tourist attaction.
I'm sorry, but enjoying seeing a sentient being hurt and/or killed is pretty messed up and doesn't say much for our species.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
1,000 years ago it would not have been a live cow being fed to the tigers but probably a few "undesirable" people instead.
A popular dish in China is fried fish that is served while still alive.
Cultural norms vary widely from place to place, do they not?
The cow has to die in some fashion and it does serve a purpose for these tigers to be given a live meal. It helps to keep their instincts and their muscles strong.
As humans, we eat far too much dead food. We become what we eat.
The NWO would have us feel that anything natural is not good or that we should be above such barbaric practices. Judging by the responses they have trained many of us quite well.
Nothing eats unless something dies.
Harsh, cruel and utterly inescapable.
The best we can do is show reverence and respect for all life we consume, whether plant or animal and know that they are all gifts from the creator.
What I'm truly curious to know is how did the visitors react? Were they shocked, entertained or simply stunned? The effect this practice has on the visitors is an important factor to consider.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
I find it funny how some people throw the words "barbaric" and "cruel" and such for a natural event...

I would not call rounding up wild animals, placing them into a human-created habitat natural. Neither is the "human hand of fate" that directly places a herbivore into the close proximity of 3 carnivores. When this is done for entertainment purposes and people are paying to watch man interfere with nature, that is even less natural.

It's not barbaric for a carnivore to kill another animal to eat it... Whether it is "helped" by humans by them giving it to them or whether they stalk and hunt the prey is no different... They need to kill a prey to eat..

Not barbaric, but it is exploitative of nature and animals for entertainment reasons. Even so, what makes it bad is purposely placing a weak, defenceless cow that is still living, right into the claws of 3 hungry carnivores. It is sadistic behaviour on behalf of those dropping the cow onto a silver platter.

Not barbaric... I hate when people put natural animal behavior up for analysis to human "political correctness" and/or "humane" standards...

Fair enough. But don't you think it is wrong for us to be messing with nature for purely entertainment purposes? What if by some unfortunate series of events the guy making "the drop" tumbled out of his protective vehicle/cage and was pounced on and mauled to death? Would that still be considered natural or does it become a tragedy?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mouseymouse

The reason this is barbaric is because having a defenceless, sick animal cornered and killed is being seen as entertainment and tourist attaction.
In regard to the animal being defenseless, it did have horns. I don't think we could very well put a knife in it's hands though.

As far as it being cornered, it was more like surrounded, and that is how it happens in the wild.

When a group of predators approach a herd of ruminants, the typical response of the herd is to run. The sick tend to lag behind for obvious reasons.

The sick ones are the adult individuals that get eaten, survival of the fittest you know.

la2

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Who the hell are we to regulate nature, i am quite impressed with this story, its good to see somewhere that isnt just feeding its big carnivores chunks of meat, but actually creating a more natural feeling feeding regime for its Tigers.

We have to treat this as it is, nature.

I agree with many other posts, we have taken over this planet like a ravenous disease, taking our planets ecology to the brink of meltdown, we caused the problems that result in these majestic animals only thriving in captivity, we should atleast give them live food, let them kill to eat as they would have to in the wild.

People who say this is cruel or inhumane should remember, we are the only species to kill for fun, thats the inhumane thing here, i say let these animals eat as nature intended.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mouseymouse
I'm sorry, but enjoying seeing a sentient being hurt and/or killed is pretty messed up and doesn't say much for our species.

You do realise in the wild a predator will hunt the weakest animal of the herd as it's easy pickings for a meal.

Cow is yummy, I don't blame these animals for eating the food given to them, so they killed a cow big deal, how many cows get slaughtered daily for McDonalds or Burger King ?

As for the whole death for entertainment thing, it's nothing new, it was going on when Romans had Gladiators, it stills goes on in the form of boxing, UFC, Thai kick boxing etc just without the death part (to an extent)

[edit on 19/5/10 by Discotech]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with it.... would you have rather we humans slit the cows throat and hung it upside down from a hook as it bled to death? Either way, that cow was going to end up as someones food..... that is what cows are for..

Sorry to offend any cows in this forum..........

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Oh please it happens all the time in nature.
There is nothing horrible about it.

First EVER Lion KILLS Giraffe Caught on Tape!!!

[edit on 19-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Tigers are Carnivores. Sure, it's kinda messed up that this was staged for tourists, but at least the Tigers aren't starving to death IMO.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Firstly: Not sure this point has been made but Tiger is considered a very strong herbal medicine. For this reason Tigers are poached in the wild speeding the point at which wild tigers may become extinct.

If by this spectacle Tigers receive a form of protection ie more in the gene pool for selective captive breading and eventual re-population programmes, then should the extinction of the wild tigers occur - at least these ones will have the chance to have offspring that are truly wild.

Secondly: If Chinese see this as well perhaps the reverence for the Tiger as a living hunting creature might start to sink in to the common peoples view of the animal and they might start to move against the herbal remedies.

Finally - my cat kills mice - we keep partly for this purpose (as well as all the affection she gives. My parents have witnessd cheetahs and lions hunting in Kenya. Its all part of nature - whilst the idea of this being stage staged upsets some people I bet the keepers at London Zoo (ZSL) would approve on the grounds that the animals are being allowed to exercise their natural hunting habits (to a degree) and therefore actually living a happier live than a caged animal being fed dead prepared food.

Indeed ZSL has a programme to make feeding more interesting to their animals as it reduces the stress of captivity on the animals.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
I don't see anything wrong with it.... would you have rather we humans slit the cows throat and hung it upside down from a hook as it bled to death? Either way, that cow was going to end up as someones food..... that is what cows are for..

Sorry to offend any cows in this forum..........

Exactly we humans do far worse to cows.
You gave a fine example.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join