It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Aware and "Knowing"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

Viva Italia!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If we can agree that we are multidimensional beings, we exist in all dimensions simultaneously. Would we not know everything? If we are One with the infinate Creator, would we not know everything? I have a feeling that we are characters in a massive cosmic computer game and we are One with the Creator of the game and the player. "All the World's a stage" (the entire Cosmos actually). I know that I know everything, but I can't access the information. Awareness changes with perception. If the toaster knew that it was plugged into the wall and received energy by the wall plug connected to the kitchen wall connected to the house...and on and on. I know that my body is just the vehicle that my spirit (that which I truely am) travels about the 3D experience and plays the role in that 3D experience. I now know that I am One with everything because by sheer desire and perhaps the good grace of the Prime Creator, my perspective has changed. Good, evil, positive and negative are but poles at opposing ends of the battery. One needs the other for the energy to flow. But there must be balance between the two. Therein lies the rub. Is this World not out of balance? Is it perhaps meant to be so to push and prod all of the actors to choose positive or negative? We have suprises in store for us my freinds whose breadth and scale are beyond our present comprehension. What a marvelous game! What a delight awaits us. Fear nothing, for there is nothing to fear. I want joy. I want joy for each of you my beloved brothers and sisters, for we are One.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LususNaturae

Investigations, science, microscopes and hard data are all guided by preconscieved cognitions. In statistics, you can make the numbers say what you want them to say. Not suprisingly your experiments will support your hypothesis. Science is the cause of jocularity and thereby does us all a great service. We remember when we too were men and women of science, now that is all a blur. A change in perspective is the key. Pull off the blinders and see all with the eye of Horus. Revel in your hard won discovery. Look at those with myopic vision and say there was I too. For those that have eyes, let them see and ears let them hear.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by ItsAgentScully

Can you help me understand your definition of be(ing), and understand(ing)?

Just curious...

[edit on 20-5-2010 by onequestion]

It is simple to be something, whether physically or mentally. Its kind of like a disguise and if we play along to the best of our ability the world believes it to be us.

Just existing is being. Being able to accept that your being and existence is finite, is a step to understanding. To understand existing-being one must know first what it is to be human, since that is the being we all try to mask. To understand humanity is to fully accept the flaws and accept our behaviors. We all look for the beauty, yet when you face them with the ugliness they will reject it. Understanding is being able to face your own ugliness and see it in the same frame as the beauty, and also accept that no matter how enlightened you believe yourself to be you are still biased and you are still mortal. Our minds think immortal, our bodies being organic eventually rot away. We must be to begin to understand, though we always be it doesn't mean we immediately begin to the process of understanding. To understand is to tear away the veil and face what is on the other side, without flinching and without regretful thoughts or negativity. Even if we do tear away the veil, comprehending what we see on the other side is another matter. It can drive us mad if we are not prepared, even then overwhelming or underwhelming should we expect too much or too little. It makes our journey stall for recovery but we may not be able to.

I'm having a million thoughts rush through my head and this is what I could pin down that made a lick of sense.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
By being aware of something(i mean being able to perceive whatever it is), lets just say a toaster, by being aware of this toaster, and having the ability to remember the experience, does that not imply we already know what this toaster is when we become aware of it? Can we not become aware of things that we don't know? I know, i have seen what the bleep.

Lets take an atom for example, when we experienced the atom, did that imply that we had full knowledge of the atom upon experiencing it? So this would mean that we already have full knowledge of everything we can perceive.

I don't think so. Pay more attention next time you encounter something you are completely and totally unfamiliar with. Probably the very first thing is you wonder if it's part of the wall behind it, some weird blobby thing. After a second or two of visual investigation, you decide it's a separate object. You pick it up and look at it and have no idea what it is. Next time you see one, in a different position, you don't think it's the same thing. Only when you've seen it a few times do you start to develop a true concept of it.

The more you learn about something, the more your concept of it changes in your mind based on your observation. You most certainly do not know anything about an unfamiliar object; in fact at first glance at a distance you'd probably think it's an aberration in the landscape.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join