It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Race is a perceptual matter.

In the final analysis, a medically compatible donor's organs can save any life regardless of racial differences... which leads to the logical conclusion that race is just another flavor of "us" as opposed to "them."

The "outsider" paradigm is easy to reinforce when there is a visible, or starkly physical or behavioral difference between people. And all the racism in the world can be distilled down to a single factor.... "Not us."

The idea that one race is kinder or gentler, more noble or honorable, less selfish or treacherous is a sorry example of cultural myopia. One which all humans seem prone to accept along with other nonsensical divisions.

Blame our forefathers, not us.

HOWEVER; the continued use of the division mentality and the application of histrionics to perpetuate or exacerbate the division is shameful and deserves to be pointed out wherever it exists.

In that light I say "NO" I am not proud to be white anymore than I am proud to wear size 11 1/2 EEE shoes. Similarly, I am not impressed by those who are "proud" to be black, orange, purple or transparent.

Pride is a pitfall in society. The only thing we should ever be proud of is our CHOICE to be honorable human beings with a voice and reason to guide our hearts.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
i don't care
my lawn still looks better than my neighbors does

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticlevision
i don't care
my lawn still looks better than my neighbors does

That's LAWNISM buddy! You better watch out.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

typical.. throw out the LAWNISM card
you've got dandelions, don't you?
crabgrass maybe?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by reticlevision]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Too bad that most of the posters on this OP are by most definitions RACISTS! You can try and cover it up as much as u like but it comes out in your speech as plain as day! One thing that most of you are forgetting is that WE are all of the same race and that is the HUMAN race!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Who said we are out of the woods? Are you kidding? We are semi-evolved, most of us don't have a clue. European culture had many successes, does that make them bad? Depends on what you mean by racism. Many people around the world think it maybe perfectly fine to be racist towards Europeans, becuase they have fought wars and enslaved people. Only humans do this kind of stuff, we are "time binders" and "space binders" unlike animals that are only "space binders" , though many humans are not very good "time binders", hence the reason we have inequality.

Some people simply can't function as well as others, racism has little to do with it, I would say it depends on the genes and the geography that determines the outcomes, mostly random flux stuff. One can't predict genius or moron, but one can generalize about groups of people, individuals on the other hand can be anywhere on the chart.

I think many in the world have a disdain for the US and Western Civilization, but they are mostly people stuck in less evolved societies, not worse, just at a different point in history, some people still fight over religious beliefs and want everyone to battle it out as well, in fact they are trying to drag the more evolved or advanced amongst us into their mystical mumbo jumbo, to me that looks more like intolerance, instead of bombing us shouldn't they be asking us how we do it?

But they seem to think they have it all figured out, if they can drag us down to where they are then we will all be equal in misery and poverty and ignorance. I say they are simply careless, nobody wants chaos or war, but since we no longer live in Nation States it has become easier to tear apart the potential places of progress and bring them back under the control of corporations and the religious fundamentalists while using nationalists to do the killing. Either we can save Western Civilization or give it up, which way will it be western people?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tasteslikethunder
This was for racists, or people who understand racism as it is now. I'm not sure why you feel so threatened by that? I'm not asking anyone to feel guilty. interesting...

Well put. Then they dig up the stinking corpse of reparation, which to my mind was only a concept as I could never see how it was ever going to be implemented. The sheer logistics of ascertaining which families to receive reparations makes the entire thing idiotic.

Yet they get bent out of all reason.

Then the slavery thing comes up and “my ancestors did not have slaves”. Fine whatever.

Then comes the latest boogy man for oppressed white people. White Guilt!!! Here are all of these people just walking around trying to make white people feel bad about themselves…….

So people do not hold any collective responsibility??? Even when You are the dominant skin colour in a society that seems to discriminate or has done so in the rcent past?

I must be a nutcase then.

I have explained to many people that no war is prescribed in my “Name”.

Whenever I walk home late at night and find myself walking behind a woman I think it sensible to cross the street so as to make her feel less uneasy. Do I have man guilt?? Nope. Never raped or assaulted any woman neither. All I am doing is making a stand on humanity.

I realise that not all whites know anything about black people. I am at pains to explain the stupidity of Sharpton (plenty of material there) and distance myself from that I have commented on the idiocies of black people and the race relations industry like the “New Black panther” thread and the dreaded “Coca Cola dance fiasco. Do I have white guilt? Nope.

Do I have Black guilt? Nope

BTW I believe that many on ATS are actually incapable of discussing race but obviously wish to. They are incapable of discussing race because it is always the tired old clichés “Blacks must work harder” "Whites are oppressed", Yada yada yada. Then they start on the straw man arguments which are often truly irrelevant such as “No to Reparations”! Where no anti racist or black person ever mentioned it in the thread previously. And the whole thread gets derailed on the same old loop.

Or “Well my family came over from Europe 30 years ago….”

There is a 500lb gorilla in the room that is breaking furniture and pooping on the carpet. It is called racism AD 2000. Few wish to discuss it. And there is a whole load of denial going on.

Then on the black side the mirror image idiots come out to play sometimes. These idiots are called “Well Black was cool in Egypt and in southern Europe in the Middle Ages”. Well I like being cool in 2010. Or worse than that there is the melanin Cult (well it aint science).

But the point is what about now? Where the F**K are we going given that we need to sort out the Elites asap?? We also need to sort out this planet (which is very cool).

It is all too crazy for words.

All I want black people and white people to do is to do their bit and not support racism actively or tacitly. This does not mean reparations or guilt or whatever straw men are lurking in their cupboards.

Here endeth my rant!

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bubbabuddha
Who said we are out of the woods? Are you kidding? We are semi-evolved, most of us don't have a clue. European culture had many successes, does that make them bad? Depends on what you mean by racism. Many people around the world think it maybe perfectly fine to be racist towards Europeans, becuase they have fought wars and enslaved people.

I think many in the world have a disdain for the US and Western Civilization. . Either we can save Western Civilization or give it up, which way will it be western people?

1) Don't be fooled by the propaganda machine I have been to countries that you have not. The general response is one of hospitality and courtesy. ANd they all want top practice their English. Tribal cultures are particulary big on tribal hospitality. Most people just want to separate the westerner from the bad that is done in their name.

There is little disdain for western civiliasation everyone wants a rolex, most a Xtian, everyone wants a car as opposed to an ass. As a British and Americasn citizen I get annoyed at some of the things that are done in my name.

Can a Black man be a Westerner and like western civilisation??

Are you alluding to Islam Or China??

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

How would you know where I have been? Doesn't that seem a bit presumptuous on your part, I didn't state where I had been, besides experience can be a poor indicator of future events, cause experience changes so rapidly and we take in so much new information it can cause one to not see the big picture being so focused on such small personal experiences, plus my personal experiences depend on my filters and reception of stimulus on just my brain, same for anyone else using only the brain as an instrument of measure, what have others thought, others that don't agree with me, others from the past, what have collectives thought and why have they been fooled by such mirages of reality?

Maybe you have had great experiences in places that are less civilized, I don't doubt it, sure they would also like to live like people in the US, but I was trying to say the path to that shouldn't be through the sword of government or religion, taking out Western Civilization would only create massive problems for themselves not just those in the advanced societies, they are dependent on technology and transport the same as those in the US or Europe, so goes the states so goes the rest of the world.

It maybe worth considering that a couple major volcanoes or global Ice age return could easily render our existence final. Just the destruction of technology from a solar flare would be enough to plunge us into a dark period, odds are we are overdue for a correction of that kind, race seems to me a dividing issue or also a distracting one at that, considering all the possible future outcomes, but when the money goes elites do use tribalism to divide and conquer people's and pit them against each other by claiming that the wealthier don't "deserve" what they have cause they hate you, etc. Class war disguised as Race war, via market collapses, I would train my thoughts on the people involved in banking, there you will find the throne of the modern day kings.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by bubbabuddha]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join