It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census taker came to my home today...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

You're missing the point here. It's not anti-American rhetoric being posted here, it's anti-Unconstitutional Government. We love America, we just HATE what the goons in political power have done to our country and our freedoms.

I'll have you know, you can be arrested for assaulting anyone, not just the employees of the federal government. Holding a specific job makes you no more valuable than anyone else. If a federal employee intends harm upon me or my family, they'll get the same response as anyone else.

Get over yourself. That title you think will protect you by making others fear the consequences of standing up to you does nothing for actual protection. If anything, it probably increases your risk of somebody wishing harm upon you considering the state our government is in and the posts that can be read all over the internet and not just here.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by space cadet

She is complicit with the government, whether she's a temp or not. I hope she gets every damn door slammed in her face and spat upon by every red blooded American for being an enemy of the people.

To hope that a young girl trying to legally earn some money gets doors slammed in her face and spat upon shows you up for the disgrace to humanity that you obviously are.
If people are all like you in Texas I shall make sure I never visit there.

Anyway, I can just about understand why the OP chose to confront this census taker the way he did (well, only just) because of the problems in that part of the world but did he even stop to think that if he'd treated the man with some respect it would've been reciprocated?
Just a thought.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pardon?

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by space cadet

She is complicit with the government, whether she's a temp or not. I hope she gets every damn door slammed in her face and spat upon by every red blooded American for being an enemy of the people.

To hope that a young girl trying to legally earn some money gets doors slammed in her face and spat upon shows you up for the disgrace to humanity that you obviously are.
If people are all like you in Texas I shall make sure I never visit there.

Anyway, I can just about understand why the OP chose to confront this census taker the way he did (well, only just) because of the problems in that part of the world but did he even stop to think that if he'd treated the man with some respect it would've been reciprocated?
Just a thought.

Oh yeah, someone from the UK is lecturing Americans on morality.
Please don't ever visit Texas - we don't need, want or tolerate enemies of America in this state.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by sos37]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel

You're missing the point here. It's not anti-American rhetoric being posted here, it's anti-Unconstitutional Government. We love America, we just HATE what the goons in political power have done to our country and our freedoms.

I'll have you know, you can be arrested for assaulting anyone, not just the employees of the federal government. Holding a specific job makes you no more valuable than anyone else. If a federal employee intends harm upon me or my family, they'll get the same response as anyone else.

Get over yourself. That title you think will protect you by making others fear the consequences of standing up to you does nothing for actual protection. If anything, it probably increases your risk of somebody wishing harm upon you considering the state our government is in and the posts that can be read all over the internet and not just here.

Know who the true enemies of America really are before you defend anyone. The banks, the Federal Reserve, some will say The UN, others say The IMF, World Bank others say the people themselves. Majority rule here decrees The CFR, Trilateral, Bilderberg and The Rothschilds and all NWO entities as the true enemies of America so fight them and not your fellow countrymen. Look at who stands to gain the most by what it does to determine the true enemies.

Assault of any employee/individual acting as an agent or under the direction of The Federal Government is a felony. Assaulting someone on the street does carry charges but not as severe.

The Census people are not out to get you or to turn you into The NSA, Dept Of Homeland Security and by no way is Government intruding upon your life. A clearcut majority of people here have reported positive and welcoming experiences yet there is an element in The USA that will use any opportunity to blast the tireless work the Federal Government tries to do anything halfway nice or decent.

How hard is it to take 5 minutes out of your day to just answer some q's, Remember, by doing so you are making sure you are included and am being counted.

This is a socially conscious nation that looks out for one another and makes sure that those that aren't as lucky and don't have the connections to enable them to have has. Where one makes slack it's up to the rest to tighten the line.

To wish that a young woman who took the only job availible to her have every single door get slammed in her face is hateful, evil and wrong. How would you like to be selling, Amway or have your livelyhood depend on your sucess as a door to door salesman and have every door get slammed in your face? You would not like it. What if that was your daughter?

"Do unto others that thou would want done unto thyself" more then applies.

No one has the right to tell anyone from anywhere that they are not welcomed in The United States. We may be getting split at seams but that is no excuse for anyone to deny anyone entry in the USA. We have always been a welcoming and warm nation in that regard. Can we keep that up please?

sos,

Why are you so full of hate? What was done to you personally that was so vile to have so much hate bottled up? I'm sure that it doesn't have to end up in someone dying. People like you directly is what is the matter with this nation. People so riled up and ripe to go psychotic without a clearcut and intelligent reason why they are so riled up for in the first place. Prozac, anti psychotics, anti depressants and pro stabilizers should work for you.

The intelligent and smart patriot will realize that they will get nowhere just blaiming everyone for everything not knowing truly why you are mad for. The intelligent patriot will not show any emotion or be hostile and that is so counterproductive to the goal. The nations being ran like a chess game. The rich v the poor. Nothing else matters but this. We have a king a queen left and they have a queen and a king and we've been going back and forth on cheque for the last few years. It's like when you play a hand of cards, you don't let your competition see you sweat neither do you flinch, in this case that more then applies.

Find out what happened in your life that turned you into a hatemonger so that you can finally break free from that evil. I trust you are a very smart and intelligent person and am failing to see the smart. Know when, where and how to pick your battles. Peace and love to you your family and may God continue to bless you and may he continue to positively guide you in all you do and find the peace and solace you so desperately seeking.

I'm willing to always look at new evidence and am willing to change my viewpoint as new information comes in.

You, my friend are getting a quadruple shot of positively charged karmatic white light from my personal batch. You need your faith restored in humanity and need to lighten up as well as need your day and outlook brightened. This nation ain't never gotten anywhere by being riled up all the time.

By being this boiled over threatens your health. If God forbid something happens to you and am your household's chief breadwinner what are they going to do without you? Calm down and relax before you give yourself a heart attack or an aneurysm. Chill out and be easy me neezy.

I've added you as a friend because you look like you need a friend.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I appreciate the concern. I really do.

I have friends, and I am not full of hate. I have a loving wife and my first child (a little baby girl) due next month. A more accurate summary of my current emotional/mental state would be that of fear. I fear what the government is trying to do to the people of this nation. I fear what the implications will be towards the people I love and care about.

The thing is, I stand up to my fears. And these fears have faces that go along with them.

While I will not promote going out to harm another, I fully support defending yourself and others, even if it is by lethal means. Assaulting a worker of the federal government may be a felony (as is assaulting anyone), but what the big shots in power are doing is treason. I think we all know which one has the more severe punishment.

Edit: BTW. I sent in my census papers almost right away and haven't been visited by anyone. If I am visited, I would tell them I already sent it and politely send them on their way. If I was visited repeatedly, I would continue to do the same. If somebody tries to force their way into my house though, they've got another thing coming. If I was breaking into somebody's house, I couldn't blame a guy for shooting me. Then again, with our courts I probably could from a legal standpoint, just not a moral one.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Mykahel]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Originally posted by bigshow

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Copy and save the following link :

Courtesy of The US Census Bureau
www.census.gov...

This dude should've backed off when you showed your USPS documentation proving that you sent out your census.

Next time this happens to someone, get the person's name, employee identification number (this is on the id that is on the lanyard on their necks) call your local Census Chapter and report this dude to his boss. This sounds like a scammer as during Census time known and previously unknown identity theft rings are out in full force.

Your local chapter can be found here :

Courtesy of The US Census Bureau
www.census.gov...

Give them as accurate of a physical description as you possibly can (Age, race, hair colour/type/length, weight, height, build) and report them to the Bureau they will make a record of your call and the fact you have it on tape does help your case out especially if it's got audio capabilities as well. Get a copy of the tape of the incident in question, bring that to your local Census Bureau Chapter and they will handle it from there. Trepassing charges may be filed as a result and the person will lose the job definately.

They as with any Governmental entity is NEVER allowed to force themselves either onto your property, into your private residence. The United States Census Bureau takes matters like this extremely serious.

You however are not allowed to draw a weapon upon any Census taker as that is a violation of Federal Law under the Assault or the threatening of a Federal Employee in the commission of their work. The same protections that United States Postal Service employees have the same applies to Census as well.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

Incorrect, If I have answered the one obligated question to the census worker, and ask them to leave my property after that and they refuse they are trespassing and I can draw a fire arm and call the police to have them removed. Show me where it is illegal to draw a fire arm on your own property when someone is trespassing, no such law I know of in Indiana.

The law is Federal as it is a violation of Federal law to draw a weapon upon any Government worker during the performance of their job. Indianapolis even knows this. Castle Domain may be law but to pull a weapon upon a Federal employee while they are performing their job is a felony. If you don't believe me, next time your postal worker comes to drop off a package draw a weapon on them and see what happens.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

The weapon would only be drawn when provoked, that is not illegal. If the OP's story is true, then they would NOT be inside the scope of employment and performing a job, instead they are trespassing and are commiting a crime, in which I do have the right to protect myself until the authorities arrive. As I said before and again... video camera would be running and that is all the proof needed.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocketman70433

Originally posted by fattytheking
Considering that census data was used to inter Japs after the Pearl Harbor bombings

"Japs" were interred after Pearl Harbor because the vast majority of Americans conceptualized human beings of Japanese ancestry as "Japs."

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

That certainly qualifies for one of those experiences you'll never forget.

I would probably have taken a photo of him, and told him to smile,
"I need a photo of you for MY records."

[edit on 23-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by hawkiye
The federal government does not supercede local government and police.

You absolutely positively sure about that? Please cite your source for this claim you have made
Im very curious as to where you got this info from.

The Federal Government was created by the states. In some states like MS the local Sherriff can arrest Federal agents if they violate a state law.

Also if you refer to the bill of rights you will see that if its not listed in the Constitution the Feds have no power over it.

Now the Feds love to use the Commerce Clause in the Constutition to get around the states rights.

But now Since the Fedreral Government is a Corperation they do what ever they want.

Only one thing will fix it.

( see my signature )

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bigshow

Escalation of force....

If they are tresspassing they are told to leave.
If they refuse to leave they will be placed under arrest. Call 911
If they resist more force should be used.
If they attempt to flee let them go.
If they have anything that can be used as a wepon that could be used to cause severe bodily injury, draw your weapon order them to drop it and get on the ground.
If they refuse and make a move toward you, Shoot them.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I understand your rights but if you don't answer their questions they will continue to send people to you. Trust me i know, for every person they count in your county will x amount of money. You don't even have to give him your name, just the amount of people who live there.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by hawkiye
The federal government does not supercede local government and police.

You absolutely positively sure about that? Please cite your source for this claim you have made
Im very curious as to where you got this info from.

The Federal Government was created by the states. In some states like MS the local Sherriff can arrest Federal agents if they violate a state law.

- This becomes nullified in the event The Federal Agents are conducting a survielance operation inside the jurisdiction in question. The Federal Govt is not obligated to inform either State/Commonwealth or local officials and law enforcement agencies while performing an undercover operation. Govt tells the states what's good on that front. Terrorism, fraud, tax evasion, espionage takes top precedence.

Also if you refer to the bill of rights you will see that if its not listed in the Constitution the Feds have no power over it.

- The establishment of The Constitution as the supreme law of the land could in effect nullify it as to protect the Constitutional rights and the document itself allows Federal agents to step outside the law. They can bend it and twist it pretty well any way they want to, but they flat out are strictly and absolutely forbidden from ever breaking the law. This allows for things like "Extrodinary Rendition" and legitimizes practices like it.

The 9th nullifies the 10th in matters like that.
9th - Protection of rights not specifically enumerated in the Constitution.
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people. - This tells the States/Commonwealths/Territories that the overall doc is law of the land and orders each entity under it to acknowledge it and enforce it. Denies the lower entities the ability to disallow or to nullify the entire Constitution on it's own. Orders Federal as well to be the oversight entity when it comes to guaranteeing all the rights contained therein.
10th -Powers of States and people.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. - This allows each State/Commonwealth and Territory that they can tell the Federal to get bent and there isn't a thing Federal can say or do about it but is nullified if the lower entities threaten the upper body. The complete text orders that Federal is to guarantee all in a legal preceeding that all persons (legal, non legal, foreign, enemy combatants, foreign nationals, visa people regardless of current legal citizenship status or not) are afforded all rights pertained therein. Orders law enforcement to mirandize a suspect.

Effectively one could argue and walk that if someone in this nation stands to threaten a State the State in effect can be overridden.

Now the Feds love to use the Commerce Clause in the Constutition to get around the states rights.

But now Since the Fedreral Government is a Corperation they do what ever they want.

Only one thing will fix it.

( see my signature )

- The Govt is not a corporation. It is a collaborative/cooperative/partnership/cohesive entity charged with keeping those elements that are too big for the State/Commonwealth/Territory to handle in cheque and uses Federal authourity to restrict/constrain/reign in those that the people have no power against while using all available to the people and orders all lower entities to make sure all rights are afforded to the people.

Govt is closer to a larger scale community gathering organization then a multinational corporation conglomerate but needs to think like a corporation in order to stay on top of the underhanded tactics and tricks that they are infamous for.

Answered in quote.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

[edit on 24-5-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigshow

The weapon would only be drawn when provoked, that is not illegal. If the OP's story is true, then they would NOT be inside the scope of employment and performing a job, instead they are trespassing and are commiting a crime, in which I do have the right to protect myself until the authorities arrive. As I said before and again... video camera would be running and that is all the proof needed.

First and foremost, this sounds like the OP tried to provoke a confrontation and is losing all credibility. Everyone is so quick to reach for a gun but in the event that the person in reality wasn't trying to intrude upon your property was just trying to do his job. Another Anti American fearmongeror just playing to the myth of "If you send out your Census that The Men In Black in Black SUV's with tinted windows are going to come to get you", that is sounding more like a case like this the further this thread goes. At least 70 or so people have replied to this thread and out of that, at least 50 have reported their experience with Census people and out of that, 45 have reported positive experiences while the other 5 reported near confrontations,

Proof further that cooler heads will always prevail.

To the OP,

From now on it place a sign on your front gate at the intercom that reads the following :

"All deliveries and inquiries must inquire through the intercom" . This will mandate that anyone who comes to your house must seek permission via intercom to proceed. Withe out a street sign you can get at Lowe's or The Home Depot and they have all the letters you need there for it as well.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel

I appreciate the concern. I really do.

I have friends, and I am not full of hate. I have a loving wife and my first child (a little baby girl) due next month. A more accurate summary of my current emotional/mental state would be that of fear. I fear what the government is trying to do to the people of this nation. I fear what the implications will be towards the people I love and care about.

The thing is, I stand up to my fears. And these fears have faces that go along with them.

While I will not promote going out to harm another, I fully support defending yourself and others, even if it is by lethal means. Assaulting a worker of the federal government may be a felony (as is assaulting anyone), but what the big shots in power are doing is treason. I think we all know which one has the more severe punishment.

Edit: BTW. I sent in my census papers almost right away and haven't been visited by anyone. If I am visited, I would tell them I already sent it and politely send them on their way. If I was visited repeatedly, I would continue to do the same. If somebody tries to force their way into my house though, they've got another thing coming. If I was breaking into somebody's house, I couldn't blame a guy for shooting me. Then again, with our courts I probably could from a legal standpoint, just not a moral one.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Mykahel]

Congrats on the new bundle of joy.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I live in Metairie. when my form came in, My girlfriend who lives with me filled it out for both of us. I didn't even see it.

Two wrongs don't make a right. The guy was wrong for not answering how he got in your fence and you were wrong for threatening to the guy. You threatened his bodily harm with your dog. For that You could have been arrested and your dog taken away from you. That was not wise.

No matter if you sent in your form or not, the census people want it again. As you see, they have the legal right to enforce this - the cops can't hold the guy.. don't be surprised if he files suit against you, and The Government will win.

What the federal gov says goes. They can come and take your house if they so wish and there is nothing you or anyone can do about it. He has every legal right to come to your house and request you retake the census. If you continue to avoid him, you could get in bad legal trouble.

Next census worker shows up at your door I suggest you be real nice to him, let him in and answer his questions.

What would it have hurt you to do this in the first place.. Nothing.

I do not like this situation any better than you do, but until these laws can get changed, he was in the right and you were in the wrong. I'm just telling you this to try to help you out and keep you out of trouble.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Dr. Jay well done sir, these census takers could easily be identity thieves or god knows what else. I wish your dog had bitten this jackasses nutso's off

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
People use your brains. This census worker was the real deal. If he was not, the next door cop would have known it the first time he looked at the guy's ID and the guy would not have attempted to come back a 2nd time or a 3rd.

You can't let dogs bite these people. Do it willfully and you go to jail and the dog gets put down.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Wow I'm sorry about all that...I'm a census employee up in CT and we are told to never enter a home even when invited and to only enter gates if necessary but the first contact with a resident must be personal... we can use phone contact if a personal interview is impossible....we are required to continue trying if you refuse but only three times then we are supposed to get what information we can from a neighbor and i have no idea what this nonsense about scanning your door is about...you are however required by the same part of the constitution that protects this information to complete it and only questionnaires received before April first were counted on time so we have to personally count the peopel at their homes......and on a side note i saw someone else ask the minimum age for this its 18....I'm only 19 but I'm the only one assigned in my area under the age of 40

[edit on 25-5-2010 by ZWP08]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

and as far as the training goes its 40 hours so you have to be dumb to confuse the rules after that

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ZWP08

They must have had continued training outside of our facility then. My point was not so much that people will confuse the rules though, as it is that some people, even after proper training, outright disregard the rules. This is not so much the fault of the census bureau, as it is just an acknowledgment that some people that took the job are just bad people.

Even after screening and testing, we have to understand that people lie. Asking a liar to swear to tell the truth doesn't give you any better chance of him telling the truth. The promise of a liar has no more credibility than any of his other statements. Some people may take the job as a census worker and sign a paper saying they will follow their code of conduct, but if they are just in it for the money, chances are they are just going to do things their way with total disregard for authority.

Just like as a minister I have to accept that there are certain people in ministry that are just in it for the power grab. It doesn't mean that ministers are bad, just that some individuals who managed to fill the position are.

That's my thought on the whole thing anyway.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join