It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census taker came to my home today...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I can see where the original poster is coming from. New Orleans isn't exactly a bastion of safety these days. I imagine that's why he has the security fence/intercom.

So I'd be highly suspicious of a stranger who managed to wrangle his way onto my property. The fact that this "worker" is being so persistent, and didn't even leave an office phone number, has me worried. This could be some 2-bit piece of garbage using the census to evaluate targets to rob.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
being an enumerator myself im a little concerned with all the total BS in this thread and im glad that most of the crap you people say you would do is nothing more than "internet tough guy" crap. i dont believe the ops story at all, and if it is true then the guy was NOT a real census enumerator. quit being dicks and just do the interview, it only takes like 2-3 minutes unless you have 5+ people living at your residence.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fattytheking
being an enumerator myself im a little concerned with all the total BS in this thread and im glad that most of the crap you people say you would do is nothing more than "internet tough guy" crap. i dont believe the ops story at all, and if it is true then the guy was NOT a real census enumerator. quit being dicks and just do the interview, it only takes like 2-3 minutes unless you have 5+ people living at your residence.

What has people alarmed is what the extra information could be used for. I have no problem saying that there are 4 adults living under my roof. But what does race have to do with anything?? Considering that census data was used to inter Japs after the Pearl Harbor bombings, I can see why people would be hesitant to release the data.

I see no reason to question the story of the original poster. But I doubt the person was a real census taker.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

sorry to come off ignorant on this one guys, but, i have been reading ore and more things about this scanning of front doors. what is this purpose etc. either way I would never let the gov scan anything of mine. power to you. thanks

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fattytheking

Well Mr enumerator do you think being an employee of a private corporation gives you the right to trespass on private property without permission of the owner? Hmmmm?

Even if you were actually working for lawful government (which you are not see protoplasma's OP in this thread) can you show the law that allows the federal government to trespass without permission or a lawful warrant? Or do you just believe the BS without question you were given in your little seminar on how to be a census worker?

Oh and by the way the OP is for real My brother had a similar experience with the county sheriff having to threaten to arrest the jerk as he insisted he had the right to trespass and that his credential trumped all local state and federal laws. So yes there are idiots who buy the BS.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I went ahead and posted a more detailed account of my reservations regarding the Census and laid it all out in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyone who is curious about more information regarding the census might find it an educational or entertaining read or both.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Regarding the issue with the supposed Census take. I am an enumerator, and am one of those who go door to door.

First of all, a real Census taker would never try to barge right in. We are trained to stay on the porch area, unless the homeowner invites us in.

Second, we are there because our records show that your form that you mailed in was never received. If you tell us that you have already mailed it in then we will advise you that it hasnt been received, and that we need to get the information.

If you refuse, we will thank you, and notate that you have refused.

This individual needs to be reported to the police, as well as to the US Census Bureau.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fattytheking

Yes, and calling the people here "dicks" is a great way to show how much training you guys had in interpersonal relations.

I work at a church and they did their training sessions in our fellowship hall. They had a few brief meetings and I never saw the same group of people twice except for the person teaching the class.

If these people really are only getting a couple of hours of training, who in their right mind would think that they are going to do the job exactly how they were trained to?

And who can logically think that just because a person is trained to do something a specific way means that he isn't going to do it differently anyway? Somebody could train me all day for how exactly I am supposed to wash a dog, and then when I go home I'm going to wash my dog however I want. Receiving instruction is not the same as being brainwashed, even if the government wishes it was.

Thank you to those enumerators who mind their own business and do their job respectfully and politely, but you must admit that the government has been infiltrated by corrupt and/or stupid men at all levels. Not saying they are ALL evil or dumb, but there are definitely plenty among the ranks.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks for the link, but it is a bunch of "photos." I've visited before.

Perhaps you could narrow down the page where I could find the "census demand?"

TIA

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks for the link, but it is a bunch of "photos." I've visited before.

Perhaps you could narrow down the page where I could find the "census demand?"

TIA

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigshow

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Copy and save the following link :

Courtesy of The US Census Bureau
www.census.gov...

This dude should've backed off when you showed your USPS documentation proving that you sent out your census.

Next time this happens to someone, get the person's name, employee identification number (this is on the id that is on the lanyard on their necks) call your local Census Chapter and report this dude to his boss. This sounds like a scammer as during Census time known and previously unknown identity theft rings are out in full force.

Your local chapter can be found here :

Courtesy of The US Census Bureau
www.census.gov...

Give them as accurate of a physical description as you possibly can (Age, race, hair colour/type/length, weight, height, build) and report them to the Bureau they will make a record of your call and the fact you have it on tape does help your case out especially if it's got audio capabilities as well. Get a copy of the tape of the incident in question, bring that to your local Census Bureau Chapter and they will handle it from there. Trepassing charges may be filed as a result and the person will lose the job definately.

They as with any Governmental entity is NEVER allowed to force themselves either onto your property, into your private residence. The United States Census Bureau takes matters like this extremely serious.

You however are not allowed to draw a weapon upon any Census taker as that is a violation of Federal Law under the Assault or the threatening of a Federal Employee in the commission of their work. The same protections that United States Postal Service employees have the same applies to Census as well.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

Incorrect, If I have answered the one obligated question to the census worker, and ask them to leave my property after that and they refuse they are trespassing and I can draw a fire arm and call the police to have them removed. Show me where it is illegal to draw a fire arm on your own property when someone is trespassing, no such law I know of in Indiana.

The law is Federal as it is a violation of Federal law to draw a weapon upon any Government worker during the performance of their job. Indianapolis even knows this. Castle Domain may be law but to pull a weapon upon a Federal employee while they are performing their job is a felony. If you don't believe me, next time your postal worker comes to drop off a package draw a weapon on them and see what happens.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by douwal69
Regarding the issue with the supposed Census take. I am an enumerator, and am one of those who go door to door.

First of all, a real Census taker would never try to barge right in. We are trained to stay on the porch area, unless the homeowner invites us in.

Second, we are there because our records show that your form that you mailed in was never received. If you tell us that you have already mailed it in then we will advise you that it hasnt been received, and that we need to get the information.

If you refuse, we will thank you, and notate that you have refused.
This individual needs to be reported to the police, as well as to the US Census Bureau.

As an Enumerator for The United States Census Bureau inform the poster : bigshow what happens if someone drew a weapon on you while you are in the commission of your job please.

Thank you, It is a felony to draw a weapon upon any Federal employee while they are in the commission of their job.

To douwal69 and fattytheking ,

Thank you for your dedicated service to not only our nation but to our communities as well. Your tireless and dilligent work is not going unnoticed. Thank you!

By the way, The United States Census Bureau is a wholly owned, operated and controlled subsidiary of The United States Dept. Of Commerce so to that idiot who said that Census is a private corporation is wrong, dead wrong. Cheque your facts before you spout off lies.

Courtesy :The United States Department Of Commerce :
www.commerce.gov... - look to the white box to the right of the screen and Census is clearly listed. All Census employees are Federal employees and not employees of any private enterprise or entity.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Thank you for your dedicated service to not only our nation but to our communities as well. Your tireless and dilligent work is respected/

By the way, The United States Census Bureau is a wholly owned, operated and controlled subsidiary of The United States Dept. Of Commerce so to that idiot who said that Census is a private corporation is wrong, dead wrong. Cheque your facts before you spout off lies.

Respected by some, but not by people like me. To some of us, your work is reviled. You are traitors to the working man and woman of this country by complicitly supplying a corrupt federal government with information about your countrymen.

If I saw you in a room and knew you were a census taker I would spit at your feet.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Thank you for your dedicated service to not only our nation but to our communities as well. Your tireless and dilligent work is respected/

Respected by some, but not by people like me. To some of us, your work is reviled. You are traitors to the working man and woman of this country by complicitly supplying a corrupt federal government with information about your countrymen.

If I saw you in a room and knew you were a census taker I would spit at your feet.

Anti American rhetoric on this site is not wanted or is it needed. Census makes sure we all can benefit and not a select few. According to Federal law (which all Federal employees are protected by and no State or Commonwealth can undo or hinder) you can be arrested for Assault of A Federal Employee. Most this is their only job and do deserve some respect as others in this thread have posted to report a favourable and positive experience so don't let one or two negative incidents spoil the whole lot. You are to be counted. As long as the Census is still being allowed first and foremost tells me we've drawn down on some matters considerably so don't give up hope as All Hope Is Not Gone!

You better be able to keep your kids in private schools as well as not daring to ask for one red cent in either unemployment, medical bills or anything else because without the Census makes it more of the same and the results of this will be published on the web sometime later this year or early next is when info about it should begin to trickle out.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Anti American rhetoric on this site is not wanted or is it needed. Census makes sure we all can benefit and not a select few. According to Federal law (which all Federal employees are protected by and no State or Commonwealth can undo or hinder) you can be arrested for Assault of A Federal Employee.

How vile of a person must you be to spit upon your fellow countrymen is deplourable and disgusting.

You better be able to keep your kids in private schools as well as not daring to ask for one red cent in either unemployment, medical bills or anything else.

You believe what you want about the census and I'll do likewise. That you would champion men and women who complicitly opress working Americans is disgusting and vile, sir.

And I have my own money that I earn every day through hard work - something you obviously know NOTHING about. I don't want money from other hard working Americans as I can provide for my family by myself, thank you. I don't need YOUR help and I sure as HELL don't need a handout from our tyrranical government. I'll work for my money and not expect any entitlements.

You on the other hand can continue sucking on the government teet and blowing sunshine up the asses of despicable people all you want. YOU and your kind are the enemy of America, sir. Not me.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

One of my neices took a job this year with the census. She is currently going to homes that did not turn in their census. She is NOT a federal employee. She is a temporary census taker and no more than that.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

One of my neices took a job this year with the census. She is currently going to homes that did not turn in their census. She is NOT a federal employee. She is a temporary census taker and no more than that.

She is complicit with the government, whether she's a temp or not. I hope she gets every damn door slammed in her face and spat upon by every red blooded American for being an enemy of the people.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Would I be wrong to be a little skeptical of the OP's story? Or is this how things are done in the Big Easy?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

What ever man. She is a kid getting paid to do one of the few jobs available right now in the area.

She isn't getting doors slammed in her face either, she is getting good responses actually. I was a bit worried about her doing this job, going up to folks homes but she says it is not that bad and she has been well recieved by most everyone she talks with.

We had a census worker at our home yesterday, although I have sent mine in, my neighbor has a large dog in the yard and has not sent one in, we were asked to simply verify the number of people living there, that was the only question they needed answered.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

The Gestapo tactics, attitude, behaviors, actions are not going to stop.

THEY ARE GOING TO GET WORSE.

The globalists want a much smaller world population of serfs and slaves. Period.

The Bible is clear that they'll be in charge 3.5-7 years. And that it will be a worse time than ever has been or ever will be again.

The Destroyer In Chief is doing the job he was assigned very well. Thousands of others are busy 24/7 insuring that the horrific long made plans and schemes are carried out thoroughly.

The uptick in incidents of this sort are no accident. Such folks are being emboldened by attitudes of their superiors--and those superiors top level bosses are well in on such schemes and eager to carry them out.

The IVth Reich is advancing steadily as planned.

God alone will stop it at the literal Armageddon.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join