It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census taker came to my home today...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You said:

"What I speak with them about is how the census originated, (mandated by the King of England as part of the Treaty of Paris to be written into the U.S. Constitution, that the English King dictated must be written to protect European Creditors in order to allow new management to incorporate our portion of North America)"

Can you point me to that part in the Treaty? I can't find any language that supports your statement.

TIA.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
[edit on 19/5/10 by fever]

[edit on 19/5/10 by fever]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Here is some advice given by an attorney to a census worker. Had the dog bitten the census guy, you probably would have been sued and the census guy would win!

Question
I am a census worker. How should we handle no trespassing sign.
Submitted: 7 days and 10 hours ago.
Category: Real Estate Law Value: $19 Status: CLOSED

Optional Information

State/Country relating to question: Arizona

Already Tried:
around flagstaff, AZ

Accepted Answer

You have statutory authority to enter private property, so long as your activity is directly within the scope (e.g. walking to front door and knocking, not going into the garage). But, you need to be very careful, because there are a lot of people out there who don't accept this fact. If there is a specific concern with a particular property, use the precautionary principle and get some support before entering. Your supervisor should have more information about protocol in particular situations. But, by law, you are not trespassing.

Expert: J.Hazelbaker
Pos. Feedback: 99.5 %
Accepts: 609
Answered: 5/12/2010
Lawyer
Extensive experience and training in real estate matters.

Read more: www.justanswer.com...

In Texas, an attorney is facing charges for shooting at one of them.

Williamson County sheriff’s officials have charged a Leander attorney with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after they say she fired five shots at a U.S. Census Bureau worker on Saturday, court records show.
Carolyn M. Barnes, 53, could face up to 20 years in prison if convicted of the felony. She was being held in the Williamson County Jail this afternoon with bail set at $50,000.

Source

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I had a census guy come by just this week.

He was very polite and didn't try to go in my house. He wanted to go ahead and fill out the form while on my porch.

We have like 90% humidity and its over 90 degrees. So I invited the guy in and he acted like he didn't want to go in. He did go in though and he asked me a few questions and filled out his form.

After being in the AC he said it was a much better idea to fill out the form inside.

He was in my living room for about five minutes. He thanked me for my service in the military after he had seen some of the pictures in the living room, he shook my hand and left.

That was it. He didn't scan anything. I didn't have any problems.

FYI, I do live in Louisiana.

So please don't be offended when I say that I think that story is crap.

[edit on 19/5/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

You answer is ridiculous normal people and girl scouts don't jump fences and try to force their way in the door. It doesn't matter "what the guy was doing there" as you keep saying.

You don't ask a criminal anything who instead of pushing the intercom button and asking permission to enter your property just breaks in.

If anything the OP was not aggressive enough what if that guy had been there to rob and kill him posing as a census worker instead of just being an idiot? As I said had that been my property they would have carried that guy out of there because his action in breaking the law to enter my property would have told me this is a criminal and I am not going to wait around to find out if he is anything else I am going to take action against him immediately.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fever
You said:

"What I speak with them about is how the census originated, (mandated by the King of England as part of the Treaty of Paris to be written into the U.S. Constitution, that the English King dictated must be written to protect European Creditors in order to allow new management to incorporate our portion of North America)"

Can you point me to that part in the Treaty? I can't find any language that supports your statement.

TIA.

Here is the link to the Library of Congress and the entire 644 pages of the Treaty of Paris.

A Century of Lawmaking

Schrödinger’s Dog is still cursing me for sending him this link, but somewhere in those 644 pages you will indeed find the origins of the Census as dictated by the English King.

These papers minus the agreements sealed by Secret Committee of Congress are the actual lawful documents that established the United States.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

This guy is totally legitimate. Have been around here for awhile and no doubt what he says is...what he means. He's a good guy.

There are few people here that are as grounded as the OP.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

If its true the census worker needs to be reported and fired.

So I would ask the OP to contact the census bureau and file a complaint.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It's amazing out of all the these posts how many people have had the census bereau actually show up at their home. Excuse me if I'm a little skeptical about the whole, 'We didn't get your forms.' excuse. That's BS and we all know it. Doesn't UPS and FEDEX pride themselves on reaching their destinations on time? I thought so. So what's this all about really? Hmmm...

Something else is happening again, grab your shotguns boys, it's gonna get smokey.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I agree this crap HAS to stop!

But you know what? It's our own fault for not complaining about this stuff sooner. There's no reason we should have let this kind of power come to our very own front / back / garage doors, upstairs / downstairs windows.

We citizens have to be very active in writing EVERYONE and telling stories like this (clean and polish up the story a little bit before submitting it).

I know side-stepping the Constitution is the "in Thing" now-a-days, but doesn't it state that by law we're only required to answer the 1 question? The 1 question being "How many people actively reside at this residence?"

With the attacks on Miranda Rights lately we MUST ACT NOW with our dislikes on this whole Census Thing!

The Census workers having this much power & boldness is very scary. It shows you right there how the government thinks of us.

The Government no longer works for us People. We work for the government and that's a very sad, sad thing!

The Founding Fathers are turning in their graves.

Please, OP, forward this story to all you can --MSNBC, FOX, your local media, etc. Everyone else please do the same if you have similar stories. Be sure to make your submissions courteous, polite, professional, informative, and non-threatening.

If we don't act, the next census in 2020 will be VERY intrusive because it's quite possible our Miranda Rights will be gone.

I will be happy to help anyone with the wording of their submissions if they need it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

That. Is. Just. Awesome.

Good going, and keep on keeping on!

---removed: I don't know exactly what happened with the OP so I'm just going to refrain from leaving a comment---

[edit on 20/5/2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fatetwister64

I agree we have a troller for a poster. It never happened.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Yeah I had one of those girls come to my house, she said i can refuse any questions on the cencus so i said that i refuse all of them and i burned the cencus right there on the porch and she said there will be some one else comming to have me fill it out.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by circle 360

I've just gotta say, the OP is a professional cerebral kinda guy. He's not BS'ing anyone. I take up for this member because he is definitely above the cut. Take him for his word. I assure everyone, he is smarter than most of us. Just saying.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by brilab45]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Read the OP again.

And again.

And again.

Until you understand.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I know Im the new kid on the block....so to speak, but I posted a video on page 5 and not one comment arose.
I feel so alien nataed lol.

I'll try again. Here are some videos on the subject. And if we can get some legal input on this...we may just be able to avoid too long of a conversation with these census workers.

Why the GPS scanning of the door? If we get out of line big bro can watch for us to step out on the porch and shoot a lazer at us from space and poof..we are gone?

heres the videos...All you have to give the census worker is a head count. You dont have to even give your name. never fill out all that paper work. watch

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Just yesterday I had a census worker waiting for me when I got home. He was sitting on my porch, and I had no other way in at the time. He approached me decently so I decided to give in (I know, I know). As soon as I agreed to do the interview he acted like he was invited in and went up to my door. I told him I would much rather do this outside" and he was ok with it.

At this point I became alarmed but quickly came up with an idea. Since the census is only interested in the numbers, races, and ages (or thats all thats what they claim) I told them that we just moved in at the beginning of the month. I knew he couldnt see my name on the mailbox, because it was inside of my building and even the mailman needs a key. So I just gave him my and my girlfriends apx birthdays, races, and the like. I didnt have to use my real name or 1 piece of my real information at all, yet I still gave them the actual information they needed.

I wouldnt have thought of it if I wouldnt have been on guard due to the census workers immediate desire to go inside of my house.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Just wanted to summarize what I have read here and point out a couple things.

First, if they just come up to your door (assuming they didn't have to jump a fence or something) they are not trespassing. I believe that if you ask them to leave and they do not, they are then trespassing but I am not sure.

Like many here, I would consider unloading a round into any person breaking into my property. But consider this, these census workers are government employees. Assaulting them would end up being similar to an attack against a police officer or something, and you would have a hard time defending your position, even if you were in the right.

For every bad experience somebody has with the census workers, a dozen other people had perfectly fine ones. I know some people that did census work and they were very polite people that would have simply done their job and the last thing they want to do is inconvenience somebody. I also know that people are power hungry and some would make a power trip out of it.

Somebody asked about scanners. What I was told by somebody who was working for them was that they are plotting the exact GPS location of every main entrance of any building capable of housing people. You shouldn't be surprised if they go stand in front of your barn doors for a moment. It's part of their job. This was separate from the person actually going around to get the census papers filled out though. It was actually done a few months before the census even started.

I'm still waiting for a census worker to show up even though I turned mine in the day that I got it just because I didn't want to be bothered with any more of it. They don't have a right to know more than the number of people in the house and potentially the ages, but I didn't see much harm in most of the other questions. Most of that stuff is available on facebook anyway for crying out loud. Which kinda bugs me...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel
Just wanted to summarize what I have read here and point out a couple things.

First, if they just come up to your door (assuming they didn't have to jump a fence or something) they are not trespassing. I believe that if you ask them to leave and they do not, they are then trespassing but I am not sure.

Like many here, I would consider unloading a round into any person breaking into my property. But consider this, these census workers are government employees. Assaulting them would end up being similar to an attack against a police officer or something, and you would have a hard time defending your position, even if you were in the right.

For every bad experience somebody has with the census workers, a dozen other people had perfectly fine ones. I know some people that did census work and they were very polite people that would have simply done their job and the last thing they want to do is inconvenience somebody. I also know that people are power hungry and some would make a power trip out of it.

Somebody asked about scanners. What I was told by somebody who was working for them was that they are plotting the exact GPS location of every main entrance of any building capable of housing people. You shouldn't be surprised if they go stand in front of your barn doors for a moment. It's part of their job. This was separate from the person actually going around to get the census papers filled out though. It was actually done a few months before the census even started.

I'm still waiting for a census worker to show up even though I turned mine in the day that I got it just because I didn't want to be bothered with any more of it. They don't have a right to know more than the number of people in the house and potentially the ages, but I didn't see much harm in most of the other questions. Most of that stuff is available on facebook anyway for crying out loud. Which kinda bugs me...

This is why you have a video camera running and when you say that there are 2 people that live in the house and refuse the rest of the questions and ask them to leave, if they refuse then they are no longer within the scope of their employment and are now trespassing on private property.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Wow...

I have to say, reading some of the responses people have been writing here is actually quite terrifying.

I can't believe I'm reading things about brandishing a gun, shooting the guy, etc...Are you guys serious? I can't imagine a situation where I would ever shoot someone, let alone some Census worker who just happens to be a jerk. What is wrong with you people? Does killing and shooting come naturally to you or something? This is unbelievable!

I think the guy was just a jerk. That's it. No reason to kill the guy.

I also don't understand this mindset that the guy, for some random reason, was trying to break into your house to kill you. Why would you ever even think that was a possibility? Do people often break into houses where you live and randomly kill the occupants? If so I think you might want to move!

I'm not saying the Census worker is right here...I think he was a jerk and out of line, but man, talk about blowing things out of proportion! To shoot a guy because he's being stubborn, as some have suggested, is outrageous.

I also don't quite get why people in this thread keep saying they refuse to give sepecific information to Census workers. What is the harm in that?

I think our society today has become entirely too paranoid.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join