It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census taker came to my home today...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

link   
Originally posted by hawkiye

No HE WAS TRESPASSING IN THE MAN'S PROPERTY. The man protecting his property was not wrong the man who breached a security fence and gate and then tried to force his way in the house was wrong and breaking the law.

First of all, let me ask you this. What exactly did this guy do to defend his house? The impression I got was one big shouting match.... for the sake of being hostile, not for the sake of defending anything.

Assuming what the OP said is true, the door was answered by informing the guy he was trespassing and threatening to call the police before they even knew what they wanted.... That comes across as hostile and uncalled for to most people....

Most people answer the door with a "hello, what can I help you with?"

You avoided my question. How do you recommend that the census takers go about getting the answers with out going up to the door steps and knocking on the door? I can't think of any reasonable way besides that.

Please let me know if you are able to think of a way, besides the OP sending his questionnaire in on time which he did not do ( The whole reason the guy showed up to begin with.....)

The ignorance of some just astounds me...

Now, I know you are not calling names are you? I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were not calling me a name and violating the T&C.

If you think I am some how unaware of laws about trespassing, I want to point out that you are gravely mistaken. I do not live under a rock.

Let's both be honest with ourselves here. BOTH acted stupidly. The man should not have persisted as he did when the OP was being stubborn and threatening to call the police and sic his dog on him...

But at the same time, I sure hope that the OP doesn't react this way to EVERYONE who goes to his door. I mean, for god sake they told the man he was trespassing and threatened to call the cops on him before they even knew what he was doing there....

God forbid a girl scout shows up...

It boils down to this, Two men, being macho pig headed jerks... Neither one wanted to back off. Both were looking for a fight. I just think it is a shame that one of them couldn't act their age in this situation.

That said, my opinion does not make me ignorant. I have every right to my opinion just as you do. There is no such thing as a correct opinion. They are only opinions. So with all due respect, staying that some ones opinion is ignorant.... Well, it doesn't work that way. It is an OPINION.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by gimme_some_truth]

link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Proto,

In a certain rendition of "Jesus", played by Jeremy Sisto, Pontius Pilate said this :

"I won't crucify him for that!"

Actually Rome was decidedly indifferent in the matter of the prosecution and crucifixion of Jesus. It was the Hebrew Elite that wanted him out of the way.

Had Jesus been a Roman citizen he could have demanded a trial in Rome like Paul was able too.

Yet the truth is that the Census is a Roman invention, for the purposes of taxation, and it is highly circumspect that it was the English King who was also a prince, prince elector and arch-treasurer of the Holy Roman Empire that dictated a Census be included in the Constitution for the newly named United States, all of which the King decreed in the Treaty of Paris that ended the Revolutionary War, and put the nation under new management.

The Holy Roman Monarchs of the Netherlands, England, and Spain along with the Vatican that decreed they owned this land in the Papal Bulla of 1490 owned most of the North American holdings that the Rebels were fighting for, and they didn’t simply tear up their deeds, gift the land, or absolve the rebellious colonialists of their debts.

This is in fact why the Treaty of Paris was dictated by them, and not the supposedly victorious rebel army.

In fact Benjamin Franklin, John Jay, and John Adams who negotiated the treaty were stripped of their Colonial Titles and functioned as esquires under the Courts of Their High Mightiness of the Netherlands, the Court of Madrid, and the Court of Versailles, and were simply named Plenipotentiaries of the United States, and even the name United States was dictated by the English King in his capacity as a prince elector of Rome.

Now let’s take a look at the BP oil spill and consider it’s is owned by the Queen of the Netherlands, and note the kid gloves approach that the U.S. Government is taking towards BP.

Since it is our labors that create the revenue and resources that are in fact used to pay off our original debt for the nation (still not paid) and we need credit for the government to run the nation, the Census is really just about measuring our potential output through numbers to determine how much additional credit to give us, for the sake of the International Banking Cartel, and the Monarchs and the Vatican.

I see no advantage in participating in such a system and allowing myself to be included on the rolls of assets.

I would like for them to rather, think of me as a liability!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I didn't get around to mailing mine in either, so the census lady came around one afternoon. Turns out I knew her and we caught up a little before she asked me the same exact questions that were on the short form. I don't know what the deal is with the scanning the front door - she didn't have any scanner of any kind.

Anyway, here's the deal. Obama wanted acorn to run the census so that his minions could fraudulently redistrict everything to the dems' advantage. Since the census bureau has distanced themselves from acorn thanks to the videos that surfaced, there might be a chance that the fraud can be kept to a manageable level. The thing is, all you white people out there screaming about some kind of conspiracy and vowing not to answer the form are just going to accomplish the same task for them.

Just fill out the damn form and get counted.

By the way, let me add this: The census was created back in the day when there was no technology or paper trail to accurately track the population, so a head cound needed to be done door-to-door. I think the census is all but unnecessary today. Do you think that the demographic breakdown and near-exact population isn't known in every district already? Please.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by AwakeinNM]

[edit on 19-5-2010 by AwakeinNM]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Final notice.

Back on topic.

Thank you.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsi1991awd
We never sent in our Census...both my wife and I work 16 hours a day, over 60 hours a week. We don't really have time for it. So a Census lady came by our place, woke me up by pounding on the door and ringing our doorbell. I didn't answer the door....she left a notice to call her.

You don't have time for the census, but you have time for ATS? How is that possible.?

Next day, neither of us were home and when we got back there was a notice on the door, so my wife calls her and sets up an appointment to meet with her the following day. The following day the lady shows up and my wife lets her in. I was asleep....I had woken up and went out to see what they were doing. Sitting at the dining table and she was hounding my wife with all these questions.

The census has a lot of questions. How were they hounding you?

blatantly interrupted and said "so you're the bitch that was pounding on my door and trying to play a whole song on my doorbell??" And she just looked at me with the "oh sh*t" look on her face. I left the room and she hurried up with her questions and scrambled out.

You called the census taker a b@@@@? What is the matter with you?

My wife did find out that she is only a volunteer....so to the OP, it may not be the Census Bureau's fault that you got a nutjob....seems like anyone can volunteer, I don't know.

Why is the census taker a nut job? You called her a bad word, for doing her job. In my book, that makes you the nut.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Thank you for the education, Proto.
It is always good to learn.

The reason I used the quote for you, however, was to express how I believe the government would respond to you.

If this were ancient Rome, I believe Pontius Pilate might have said the same thing for you if you had tackled his tax-collectors in the same manner as you have the census takers.

But again, thank you for the knowledge.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
They came to my door today as well, actually I was outside working in the yard. This fellow told me I had to fill out the form and asked me my name. I told him the head count of my residence is two adults and two teenagers. he stated I need your name. I told him that it was unconstatutional for him to ask me any further questions. he persisted so I stated I will get a clipboard and paper because I needed to know his name, his spouses name, their bank, etc. He left but said someone will be back to get the form filmed out.

Please watch the videos

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Thank you for the education, Proto.
It is always good to learn.

The reason I used the quote for you, however, was to express how I believe the government would respond to you.

If this were ancient Rome, I believe Pontius Pilate might have said the same thing for you if you had tackled his tax-collectors in the same manner as you have the census takers.

But again, thank you for the knowledge.

Tax collectors, I love tax collectors. Nothing like spending a fun filled day down at the IRS office explaining the Stamp Act to them and how they function under the Color (ships flag) of the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms Agency, that’s great fun too. In the words of the IRS Supervising Agent here, I am either the luckiest man on earth, or he and I will one day go to jail for a very long time.

As far as I know, he’s still free, and so am I.

The truth is that they really all just bog down and give up when they realize they can’t debunk you. If you understand the history of all these things, and how they have been framed, and the mechanisms that they employ to contract people into accepting them, and can intelligently and rationally and civilly speak to them, they really don’t have a way to overcome them.

Bottom line is without a valid contract, they can't establish a valid debt to collect.

Once you understand that the Government presents you with nothing but a series of contracts for you to sign to give it permission to do the things it does, and stop signing them and giving them permission, then they are stuck having to deal with you as a free man who has not ceded his inalienable rights, which only you in fact can alienate yourself from by agreement.

Because they don't have an enforcable contract, the spectacle of trying to compell someone who is highly literate and eloquent, becomes more costly than just leaving you alone.

It causes uncertainty in the rank and file, and it gives the plebes bad ideas, that are actually good ideas but bad for the government.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
edit, sorry, nevermind. wrong link

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Census takers should be armed and ordered to shoot those that are uncooperative.If you don't want to stand up and be counted as an American then i wish you would move your asses to some other country. It is not COOL to shirk your responsibility as a citizen.

One has to wonder what sort of neighborhood you live in, if any of your 'jackboot' brand of census takers would make it out alive... I can assure you, there would be a lot of fresh fertilizer pushing up daisies if that tactic were attempted in MY neck of the woods.

I've got no problem with the Census - provided it restricts itself to the proper, authorized, questions, and is run by the Dept. of Commerce, as specifically required in the Constitution, and NOT the Obama/Emmanuel White House, as was the case last I heard. Because of that problem, I haven't partaken of the enumeration this time around, and neither am I going to.

They can get their gerrymandering done without my help this year.

My 'responsibility as a citizen' doesn't include answering intrusive questions with no bearing on how representation in government is apportioned. They can just datamine, like everyone else does, for that. Neither do my 'citizenship responsibilities' include assisting them in drawing new districting lines solely to benefit their own party.

Case closed.

[edit on 2010/5/19 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I just wanted to share that I was a census enumerator this year. I started back in March in California. I was actually a "Quality Control Enumerator", so I had to check on other enumerators' work to check for its accuracy. According to the law of the United States you have to provide at least some basic information about yourself on census day or you may be fined.

According to 13 USC Sec. 221

The following section of the United States Code requires that people fill out their U.S. Census forms and provides a $100 penalty for not answering the Census and up to $500 for giving false information.

The guy that came to your door should be fired because we were instructed not to ask to come into someone's house unless invited - even then they said we should not step in to someone's house. They told us to be wary of trespassing signs but if it looked safe then go ahead and trespass to get the required information. Most people were pretty easy going about having to talk to a census enumerator, even if they had already talked to 3 or more others. The census bureau is a mess right now, they were not prepared for this years census even though they had 10 years to prepare for it. I quit that job 2 weeks ago, moved back to Texas and started working somewhere else yesterday. Plus those b*stards owe me 2 weeks of pay!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You have video cameras and an intercom on your front door, and your instinctual response to a census taker is to 1. treat him as the personification of the census bureua when he's *just some guy with a job* and then, 2. sic your dog on him.

You, sir, are completely insane, and I feel bad for the poor census guy.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Sorry, the OP's story just doesn't seem believable.

You sent your census in via UPS even though there is a paid postage envelope included with it?

And then an aggressive Chesapeake (known for their friendly demeanor - I've had 3) chases him out of the yard - And then the door scanning and paintball guns at the end? I just don't buy it. Sorry.

What exactly are they going to scan on your door?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by slicely

The Op hasn't responded for a while today. I believe that the last post entailed the cop, who was his neighbor telling him, they could not hold the census taker.

There were allusions to "ahem" unknown youths in the neighborhood pelting the census taker with paint balls.

First of all, I wish the guy luck, for he disturbed not only the census taker with his attitude, but his neighbor, who was "off" duty, with the crud.

This might have come back to bite him, and I hope ATS is a place where his words are taken from for testimony as to how he treated the census worker.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

What a horrifying experience with that census taker. Perhaps citizens should be photographing these individuals who are claiming to be census takers. If they refuse, then maybe they aren't the real deal.

Here, I had one guy come out and leave the form, which I finally sent in. Later, two more people showed up, they said to check on the work of the first guy. From now on, I am going to take their photographs.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

You really got yourself a bully. I'm befuddled why the census taker came to my house as well. I mailed back my short form the following day I received the questionaire.

Guess they are showing up to click our address's into the over zealous data banks at NSA or something more sinister.

The gentleman was an older nice man that showed up. Respect your elders.... and for the most part I did.

However, I told him his questioning was intrusive and recited constitutional law regarding enumeration of a household and refused to answer questions regarding race and pretty much everything else asked except for names and number of individuals living in the home.

Damn, I wish I had a brick and iron fence around my house. Three dogs and my bad attitude over the intercom would have thwarted his attempts.

But, he was a nice guy and at the end I wished him well and to be careful.

As usual DrJay, you write well and are always worth the star and flag.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
A lot of census workers quit up here in South Dakota. They were hired to go locate addresses, then they would wind up driving around endlessly looking for an address, and not finding it. Getting the car stuck in mud way out in the boonies, having to call a tow truck etc. They said the job/pay wasn't worth the hassle.

We had another census worker show up at our door last week, but she was digging for info on our neighbors. We told them we didn't know the neighbors.

As far as the OP, I think the paintball gun stunt was a bit much.

BTW... how come technology is not so advanced that we can do an online census form?

[edit on 5/19/2010 by sodakota]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Stand up and be counted
For what you are about to receive.

We are the dealers
We'll give you everything you need.

Hail hail to the good times
'Cause rock has got the right of way.

We ain't no legend, ain't no cause...
We're just livin' for today!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
First of all, the poster said, in order to get to the front door, you must go through a gated area with intercom. Why couldn't the census taker call the intercom? Second of all, the poster had every right as a United States Citizen to tell the census taker he was TRESPASSING and to leave his property. Third, when the census taker refused to leave the property after being told to by both the resident and a police officer, the poster had every right to send his guard dog. And lastly, if you people do not understand what UPS means, let me clarify, United Postal Service. I also, went to the United Postal Service and asked to have a tracking receipt. UPS and UPS can be confusing but if you put two and two together you realize he was talking about the Post Office. And I believe he acted just the same way anyone else would when you have a gated house with an intercom and you get a knock on the door. There is a gate and intercom for a reason, use it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join