It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census taker came to my home today...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Census takers should be armed and ordered to shoot those that are uncooperative.If you don't want to stand up and be counted as an American then i wish you would move your asses to some other country. It is not COOL to shirk your responsibility as a citizen.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
One has to wonder why a census taker would waste so much time at one single residence. I mean, they only have a certain period of time to complete a visit to all the homes on their list. One would think that if someone is non-cooperative, that the census taker would simply move along and try to complete as many as possible rather than waste time and short change the census process.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
A copy of instructions on how to become a Census taker was faxed to my office. You needed to be able to read, and have at least a GED or HS Diploma.

I took the information and distributed it to some of my clients who are desperate for work, even temporarily . I tried to limit the distribution to those who can behave well. I was selective about who I gave the information to, as my clients tend to be..well...not the most stable people in the world.
I chose about six college students.

I noticed there was a three hour training session, prior to starting.

It looks as though some people are on a power trip, with this temp job.

I surprised we aren't hearing more of this type thing. Sounds awful. I'm still curious as to how he managed to by-pass the gates and fences.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
One showed up at my place a couple days ago.

He knocked, didn't ask to come in.

Asked me 10 quick questions and was gone in less than a minute.

I'm pretty sure this is standard protocol.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Census takers should be armed and ordered to shoot those that are uncooperative.If you don't want to stand up and be counted as an American then i wish you would move your asses to some other country. It is not COOL to shirk your responsibility as a citizen.

You are a very scary person. Are you saying a census taker, who is trained a few hours to be able to fill out a form, should be given the authority to execute the DEATH PENALTY, alone, on site, and at whim?

And yet you appear to be somehow pretending to be defending our citizenry?

I honestly hope you are trolling, and that people really don't think like you.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Nice post, but I have to say that this guy just sounds like a nutcase amped up on some "authority" he perceives.

I mean seriously, if he did this crap here in Los Angeles he would be in real physical danger in some parts. Might even end up 'missing'.

What a story...wow.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Copy and save the following link :

Courtesy of The US Census Bureau
www.census.gov...

This dude should've backed off when you showed your USPS documentation proving that you sent out your census.

Next time this happens to someone, get the person's name, employee identification number (this is on the id that is on the lanyard on their necks) call your local Census Chapter and report this dude to his boss. This sounds like a scammer as during Census time known and previously unknown identity theft rings are out in full force.

Your local chapter can be found here :

Courtesy of The US Census Bureau
www.census.gov...

Give them as accurate of a physical description as you possibly can (Age, race, hair colour/type/length, weight, height, build) and report them to the Bureau they will make a record of your call and the fact you have it on tape does help your case out especially if it's got audio capabilities as well. Get a copy of the tape of the incident in question, bring that to your local Census Bureau Chapter and they will handle it from there. Trepassing charges may be filed as a result and the person will lose the job definately.

They as with any Governmental entity is NEVER allowed to force themselves either onto your property, into your private residence. The United States Census Bureau takes matters like this extremely serious.

You however are not allowed to draw a weapon upon any Census taker as that is a violation of Federal Law under the Assault or the threatening of a Federal Employee in the commission of their work. The same protections that United States Postal Service employees have the same applies to Census as well.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

Incorrect, If I have answered the one obligated question to the census worker, and ask them to leave my property after that and they refuse they are trespassing and I can draw a fire arm and call the police to have them removed. Show me where it is illegal to draw a fire arm on your own property when someone is trespassing, no such law I know of in Indiana.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I am 6 foot 11 inches tall . lol I would love to see someone come in my door .

Plus My door is locked . And If my door bell rings . I tell them kiss my ass . Unless its some hot woman

+4 more 
posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
To date I have had 5 visits from the Census Workers. Three of them were Census Takers; two of them were Census Supervisors.

I always enjoy speaking with them, as I am someone who always has lots of interesting things to talk about.

What I speak with them about is how the census originated, (mandated by the King of England as part of the Treaty of Paris to be written into the U.S. Constitution, that the English King dictated must be written to protect European Creditors in order to allow new management to incorporate our portion of North America)

I show them the Census Envelope that was sent to me and how the United States has an ® next to it, and explain that this means that the United States is a corporation. I then explain to them that corporation is a Latin word that means into the body, and ask them how it is; a supposedly sovereign nation could have been combined into another larger body. I ask them if they have any idea what that larger body would be.

I then go on to explain to them that the Department of Commerce is conducting the census as they well know, since it is the Department of Commerce that is paying them, and that the only commerce related to counting human beings is called slavery.

I show them how my envelope is addressed to RESIDENT AT and then pull out my legal dictionary and show them that RESIDENT AT means a full time 24/7/365 on call employee.

I ask them can you guess what Corporation wants to employee me as a 24/7/365 employee? They have all been pretty swift and said “The United States Inc????” I love sharp students.

I then go on to explain the 14th Amendment to the Constitution that makes us all incorporated citizens of the State we are born in, and that the States are incorporated into the Federal Government, and then remind them as I have already displayed that the United States® is also incorporated into a larger entity.

I explain to them that compensation for being a 24/7/365 on call employee of the United States ® is paid in the form of letting us breath the air, being able to roam about freely with certain restrictions, and to exist within the confines of it’s corporate borders, but that once we agree to be an on call 24/7/365 employee of the United States ® we are subject to all it’s corporate rules, and must abide by them, and in addition, surrender a portion of our independently earned wealth to the United States ® for letting us work at something else that actually pays us a bit more than just allowing us to breath the air, and use the roads.

Then I ask them, do you understand that the Census is a Contract of Employment based on what I have just explained to you. They then respond “Yes, it sure seems to be????”

Then I ask them, do you think it would be a good idea for me to contract myself to such an obligation, and they answer “No, it’s probably not a good idea at all!”

I smile, they smile, then they usually ask me how they can learn more about these things, and thank me, put away their clip boards, and go on their merry way!

I have really been enjoying the Census Takers so far! They have really been enjoying me.

Stand up and be counted that’s what I say…just do it in a fashion that works for you and not for them.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975

He laughed again and said he REFUSED to leave especialy because of a dog named precious. Precious is a 110 lb half lab half chesapeake bay retriever with a nasty demeanor towards strangers. She ran through our large yard directly towards him in a very aggressive manner and he made a break for the gate. By the time he closed the gate there was a snarling dog trying to chew through the iron gate.

He returned about 20 minutes later. And apparently some neighborhood kids(we didn't see who *wink wink) lit the guy up with paintball guns. I mean this guy was eaten alive, 20 good hits.

Priceless.

On another note he sounds like someone who was casing the place, not a census taker.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Apparently you don't know the difference between a civilian and a citizen.

Just because you are an American civilian, it does not make you an American citizen.

Just because you are born in America, it doesn't mean that you have to be as gung-ho as all Americans are about their own country.

In fact, it is a wiser person who doesn't get patriotic about banners, but rather patriotic about humanity in general.

For you to think that census workers should be allowed to carry fire arms is proof that you should seek help.

The OP was too harsh on the guy and should have just answered the questions again - not because it is required, but to save everyone trouble.

OP, you are a child.

And you are as well, slightlyskeptical.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Protoplasmic Traveler

God loves you friend.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I have to commend you on your patience, a lot of people would have flipped out after the guy continued to persist, which is the worst thing you can do IMO. Always best to stay cool and level headed.

My own personal experience with the census this year has been quite frustrating. I mailed back the form the week I got it. So starting at the beginning of last week or so, I would hear the door bell ring and someone pound at the door. Let me state now, that I NEVER answer my door unless I'm expecting someone, this is mainly due to the fact that we get a lot of solicitors and such on my street. My elderly neighbor has my and my family's phone numbers, and my family and friend's know if they can't reach me at the two phone numbers to tap at the window and call out for me.
Each time the Census taker came for a visit they left a letter with a phone number to call. I called said number but still received three more attempted "visits," where they would ring my doorbell repeatedly and bang on my security door.Finally on the fourth of their attempted visits, and my fourth time calling, I talked to someone who possessed a brain and all was taken care of and she apologized profusely for the error.
Just thought I'd also relate a story my sister told me just a couple days ago. A friend of my sister's was in McD's when she overheard the manager relating an incident from earlier in that day. Apparently a group of census takers came into McD's, and had lunch. Nothing out of the ordinary about that, except for the fact that when they left after their lunch(if you can call it that), they left behind two binders filled with the information they had been collecting all day. An employee found them and the manager locked them in the office and awaited the return of the census takers. After a number of hours when they hadn't returned the manager called the local census office and they sent someone out.
I find this story disturbing, because had the employee not taken notice of the binders , then people's private information could have wound up in anyone's hands. Granted people make mistakes, but the fact they didn't even notice they were missing and bothered to retrace their steps is just insane.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by crafty_gnome]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
you know, usually when people ring my bell, I answer with a "Hello, who are you?", not a "Get off my property, your trespassing, I'm calling the cops". There was absolutely no reason to start a riot because the man wanted to ask you questions, that he is OBLIGATED to do. I doubt he woke up that morning and said to himself, "hey maybe I should go mess with these guys and make their lives a living hell". Maybe if you acted like a civilized human being and exchanged words politely rather then "gtfo", "your trespassing", or "i'm going to have my dogs come and eat you", the world wouldn't be in such a sh**y place, now would it? Because based on the story I've just read, he did absolutely nothing wrong to you or your family [*other then the part when he was trying to break in through the driveway, but that is after you turned your dog loose on him*] If everyone just acted like normal respectable homo-sapiens, maybe the world wouldn't be in the sh***r

Anyone here who commends you for what you did, should be embarrassed.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by BiGGz]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

hahaa you are funny.

The census is how many people live in your state. period. not race, not address, not name, not nothing except how many people live in your state. That's all the constitution allows for and that's all I'll give.

Mother....... brings a gun onto my property, better have a warrant or a death wish...

Jaden

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Too bad you had that bad experience with that one person. Report him. It is not representative of them all. However, being rude doesn't really bode in your favor.

I actually forgot to mail mine in. It sat on a bookshelf and I just forgot about it

Two days ago a census taker showed up at my door. I could see the badge she was wearing and her clip board.

I opened the door. I have a rather intimidating guard dog - so I was not too afraid to open it. Plus I wanted the experience so I could report back here to ATS regarding it.

She asked me the same questions on the form. It took literally 5 minutes and she was gone. Much of that 5 minutes was spent talking about the weather - literally.

Didn't ask for my phone number, SSN or anything like that. Few simple questions and she was gone. Guess it is all in how you respond to people and treat people. I'm really not sure what people are completely flipping out over.

Very very easy. Obviously much easier than it was for me to drop it in the mail

[edit on May 19th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The city of Houston had had some problems with people acting like they are census takers. They gain access to to their victim of choice by being selective of their target. I know, this is very sick but it is really going on. They usually pick a person they feel they can overpower and essentially rob them in a home invasion. All those they think could fight them back, they really live down the fake census taker role, ask ten questions and leave. This incident I am talking about was on the news last week on channel thirteen Houston. They never did mention if the robber was an actual temp census taker though. Being the hiring process for these folks is lower than the lower of standards, the possiblility of a power trip going South in robbery form is of a higher percentage than most would be comfortable with. When folks who swear they are getting their lives together for the thirtieth or fortieth time and get a temp job as a temp census taker, what does that say about the shape of our country? Its so bad i am at a lose for words. We need law and order folks, no more excuses.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

and census workers who cannot speak enough english to understand the words "already mailed" and "leave" should be shot on site, or eatin by toto.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
"UPS receipt"

You used UPS to ship a census form? Didn't those have free shipping return envelopes?

Something smells fishy about this.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If the guy was trying to force his way into your house you should have drawn down on him as his actions were threatening and illegal. But, well handled.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join