It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Users Stay Exposed Despite Privacy Actions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Web users are vulnerable to being identified and profiled by Web sites they visit, even if they employ common measures to keep their browsing habits private

Source

According to new research from the privacy advocacy group Electronic Frontier Foundation. Most browsers today provide users with a number of options to personalize their privacy settings and control the information third parties learn about them. A common practice, for instance, is to configure browsers to notify users every time a site wishes to install a cookie - a bit of code that remembers a user's interactions with a site for convenience and site personalization but that can be used to track the user's Web surfing habits.

But in a recent experiment, the EFF found that these measures might not be enough to remain anonymous on the Net.

The key is, don't do anything on the net illegally. If you feel the urge to do so, go to someone's house you don't like. All joking aside, as far as private information I don't really put to much on the net to begin with. I view my bank account on-line, make an eBay purchase here or there, but that's about it. I'm not worried if they see what I am doing online or otherwise.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Yeah well that just tells them that people like us ARE everywhere. I mean truth seekers, not these people trying to incite some kind of takeover of the u.s. government. I personally think they are afraid of the awakening that`s going on so rather than try to stop it from happening which they cannot do anyways, they are trying to kind of swing their energy into the other direction and turn what could be a great thing into a hateful thing by trying to get the people to try to revolt so they have a reason to declare martial law and pass so many other laws. They will go further than just planting agents on forums to incite rage, they will probably have some patsy walk into a populated city with some kind of weaponized anthrax or something so they can show the american people that "there is a threat that needs to be addresed" so we will willingly give away more of our liberties. But just like every other operation they`ve conceived to fool us, there will be clues left behind. But we don`t need a violent revolution because then you`re just acting like them and plus that`s probably what they want. Rack your brains and think of something else. And to be more on topic, they know who you are when you`re saying that crap anyway. So anyone saying it is either retarded so I don`t want them to be involved in creating a new government anyway, OR they are simply DIA`s hired by... the CIA?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

join