It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher's Tirade Caught On Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Teacher's Tirade Caught On Video

www.wftv.com

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- A math teacher who gave her class a profanity-laced speech didn't realize that one of her students was recording the tirade as proof of a bigger problem, KOAT-TV in Albuquerque, N.M., reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
What is going on with teachers in our public schools, have they lost thier minds, or have students made the job so stressful they just snap. Just last week we had a teacher beating a student, and her we have a teacher going on a profanity laced tirade. Is it just teacher stress or is there a deeper problem that needs to be addressed.

Article and Video at the link

www.wftv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

LoL. Nothing new here. This happened to my classes, like, every day. Is that suppose to be wrong or odd?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Teacher using language like that in class, yes I would find that very odd, of course I am out of school for many years so maybe this is the new normal.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I have been out of school for 6 years and I would not let that slide if I was a student. The biggest problem with teachers right now is bad parenting. The students have bad parents and the teacher must have had bad parents.

PS, Your signature made me lol. It is awesome. S + F for it alone.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I had teachers cuss like that when I was in school.

I also had teachers chew me out in front of the class (gym) because I was "too slow" to suit them. I was born with a crooked leg and have trouble getting around sometimes. I wasn't even physically able to do some of the stuff expected of me.

So it doesn't shock me at all what goes on in classes because it's gone on since I've known things to go on in school.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Granted I am out of school for quite a while, round about 30 years to be honest and that kind of language would have been unthinkable in my time. I guess it goes to show how society is degenerating, I most certianly did not expect to read that this was normal.

[edit on 5/19/2010 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I can't even imagine what kind of frustration this woman is trying to work under. I don't condone her 'mouth' but I surely can empathize with her.

How anyone would even want to attempt to go into teaching these days - especially middle school and up? *shudders*

Wow... If there was any job that should pay and pay huge, it's teaching. Too bad it doesn't.

Hats off to all teachers - you people are Heroes, even when you 'loose it'.

Peace

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

well I mean, it was not always anger in my class room. Most of the time it was just cursing and fun times like a colleague.

I mean, I can quote you some of my history class' language

you are by far the most effed up student I ever had.

Talking about political correctness.

"The 'P' does NOT stand for p*nis...it stands for People. The 'C' does NOT stand for..."

"The putting out system...some of you want your girlfriends to do that."

"Speak softly and carry a big dick--I mean stick."

"I wouldn't wipe up Jack's # with your paper"

"Can you shut your ass?"

great times.

tear

(sorry mods)

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Teacher using language like that in class, yes I would find that very odd, of course I am out of school for many years so maybe this is the new normal.

Certainly, a string of harsh obscenities in front of students isn't desirable.

However, teachers are often charged with unrealistic goals for perfection that few other occupations in the world could ever comply with. One slip of the tongue could cost a teacher their career. Yes, it happens.

I personally know a good teacher, who had a fairly good relationship with a Senior class. Occasionally the teacher would let slip minor swear words such as s..t, piss, arse, nothing extreme. The teacher was asked to explain when ONE prissy girl made a complaint. Forget that the other students were quite comfortable and productive in the class. Forget that there is much worse language on TV shows, after 7:30pm, that all those students watch. Forget the fact that every one of the students in that class used far worse words, including the prissy girl! The teacher was left dumbfounded about how to communicate with a group of Seniors who wanted to be taught by a human being - not a holy angel.

It's nuts to expect that teachers should be bastions of impossible purity in a world of harsh realities. That's what's making them snap - completely BS expectations that they should have to wear the brunt of trying to fix the social evils in their students, like they have to be defacto parents.

new topics

top topics

join