It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incumbents Beware: Primary Voters Send Harsh Message to Both Parties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Article

In quick succession Tuesday night, the jittery inhabitants of Washington's marble halls found three more reasons to worry about their staying power. Pennsylvania Sen. Arlen Specter, the Senate's patron saint of resilience, was turned out in a Democratic primary, in favor of an unwanted rival, Rep. Joe Sestak, who had neither major union nor White House support. In Arkansas, Sen. Blanche Lincoln, a model of southern Democratic moderation, was forced into a primary runoff by a self-styled outsider, Bill Halter, challenging from her left. And in Kentucky, the Washington establishment's chosen Republican (See 10 races that have Democrats worried for 2010.)

Senate candidate, Trey Grayson, fell to the son of a libertarian outlier, who carried the flag of another party. "I have a message, a message from the Tea Party, a message that is loud and clear and does not mince words: We've come to take our government back," declared Rand Paul, son of Representative and former presidential candidate Ron Paul, upon winning by a double-digit margin.

Not sure if this made it way here yet, so I thought Id post it just incase.

It looks like this year will see alot of change. Im not that up to date on other states politics other than my own, but it looks like alot of voters are ready for a change.

I wonder what 2011 is going to be like?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Reps in both parties should be worried. At this point anyone with a couple brain cells should go through the voting records, and vote every last one of the back stabbing, anti American, big business loving politicians right out of office. They no longer represent the people who gave them the positions they hold so dear. They want to thumb their noses at the American people, now its time for the American people to give them all the big one fingered salute as we show them the way to the door!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I don't think that this is that significant. If it comes down to it, TPTB will just use the back door with the digital voting machines. However, they won't even need to go that far most likely because American voters are famous for picking the wrong guy in the end. Also, most of the politicians that are on the stump now promising change will most likely just pull an "Obama". They will "Obama" us.

--airspoon

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I can see how it may not be significant, but Im hoping like heck it is extremely significant. I dont trust the voting machines that much either. I just really hope that most Americans remember how the last few years went and dont pick the wrong guy again. This is the time that Americans really need to do what needs to be done. I hope we all make the right decision.

top topics

join