It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 most puzzling ancient artifacts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by RedCairo
Interesting all the effort online to debunk the Dropa. There are photos from the 50's of the stones; and they were translated; what is the question about them again? As they were found in China information was less 'forthcoming' than it would have been from other government/cultures, not surprising. The assumption of hoax is what again?

RC

It takes no effort to debunk something the author has already debunked.
The writer of sungods in exile has already said openly that they are a hoax, why is it you can't simply believe that?

ummm let's see, because you or someone else simply stating that it is a hoax or has been debunked doesn't tell us anything other than that you are inclined to believe it to be a hoax.

I mean the earth is flat, it was shown to be flat 600 years ago, why can't you just accept that the earth is flat???

see the point??

Give some valid evidence that it is a hoax other than "It flies in the face of what we are told is true" and then maybe we'll consider accepting it as a hoax, but speaking for myself, without evidence I'll let my own reason decide whether or not to believe it, but I won't be stupid enough to out and out say it is a hoax just because it is counter to accepted chronologies.

Jaden

Jaden

The person who wrote the first story about the dropa stones has admitted its a hoax, I don't expect you to take my word for it, I expect you to take the hoaxers word for it, because he created the entire mystery.
I never once said i didn't accept it because it conflicts with my ideas, and guess what? I believe ancient cultures were alot more advanced than we gave credit for, I just don't blindly accept hoaxed material.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
I'm pretty sure 2 and 3 have been proven to be hoaxes. No one has actually seen the Dropa stones and there is a person who has claimed to have made the other ones.

I think that the majority of these have either proven to be hoaxes or something mundane. I'll let y'all find out which ones might not be.

(The "Baghdad Battery" has recently been explained as a kind of happenstance where a scroll wound around a metal center has decayed away, leaving the stuff used in the failed attempt to preserve it.)

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyJude

Originally posted by pavil
No one has actually seen the Dropa stones and there is a person who has claimed to have made the other ones.

Dang, that sucks. That was the one I found most interesting. Too good to be true I suppose.

my gut is telling me not to dismiss 2 and 3 completely! truth is sstranger than fiction!! i really wouldn't be surprised if they're legit!

wecreatethelove.ning.com...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think given that the origin/veracity of many of these artifacts, as pointed out by others, is somewhat ropey, I would, if I were the OP, re-evaluate my conclusion. As mentioned in the conclusion, and also the only part I would agree with, "Other intelligent beings and civilizations existed on earth far beyond our recorded history", it is probably worth saying that our recorded history is extremely short, some 6 thousand years or so. It's evident throughout history that advancement differs from society to society, so it's never exactly a level playing field in that regard. To clarify I don't think a pre-historical civilisation flew in airplanes or had hi-def tv's, but rather had a better grasp of maths, astronomy and sailing for example. So curious and open-minded yes, these examples no.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If the Klerksdorp spheres are the number 1 puzzling ancient artifact out there, then there isn't much mystery in the world. Numerous geologists have claimed they are the result of natural processes. Why not throw the Moqui Marbles from Utah on the list?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by godspunchline

Really the list is just 9 things I find interesting and worthy of discussion, the list isnt really a particular order like a top 10 list or something, numbers are for reference and breakdown only. If you know of other weird stuff like the Marbles feel free to add them into this thread or start a thread on them.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Dude you make some outstanding claims there. How about you bring some people speaking out on it or atleast some kind of evidence to back you up, if it's so easily dismissed?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

the impossible fossils with human footprints and hand prints could also have another (yet most people think is completely impossible) explanation, and thats that humans in the very distant future found a way to make time travel possible. and they came back and tried to tell us something. some ancient astronaut theorists believe the same.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The Coso Artifact is very interesting.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Not exactly an artifact but rather an amazing enigma are the Nazca Lines of Peru. I've yet to hear of an attempt to debunk this? Very interesting to say the least.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by agentofchaos

Dude you make some outstanding claims there. How about you bring some people speaking out on it or atleast some kind of evidence to back you up, if it's so easily dismissed?

These are core stories that I assumed most ATSers would already know about...google or ATS search is a way to find out for yourself. There are sources for all the points made in the earlier post. I'm happy to post them another time....here's a couple to see what you think...

The Dropa Stones were created by the fictional author of 'Sungods in Exile'-David Agamon (David Gamon was his real name). The Chinese Prof was also made up. The actual writer came clean in the mid-90s in an interview with Fortean Times. He considered it a satire on the people buying the Daniken books (massive in the 70s). There are real flat discs found in China, but they are not related to the stories of Dropa Stones.
* Dropa Stones
* Sungods in Exile
* Example of Chines disc

The Ica Stones were made in Peru in the 20th Century. In a poor nation, it's understandable to exploit richer, gullible visitors. The Fortean Times has a long and balanced article about them right here.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Good stuff i learned a few new things!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Thanks. Great thread. Several I've heard of or seen, but got a new one in there.

Another sleepless night, doing research. I love 'em.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Pretty sure the Ica Stones are a proven 100% hoax, not sure on the rest of them.

The Antikythera device is definitely my favorite, it looks like something right out of science fiction or an Indiana Jones film. The best part of course is that it is generally considered authentic by the scientific community something that most OOPARTs definitely aren't. It's just a testament to how much of human history is lost to us.

Good post overall

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I live at China Lake just south of where the Coso Artifact was found.

Those of use who have looked for geodes and historic artifices in the area believe it was a old spark plug wrapped in pottery clay and then fired. there is a history of pottery kilns and ore smelters in the area.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Great article! S&F, very fun read.

I like the suggestion about the animals embedded in rock, some found alive.

I read about those in a couple Charles Berlitz books I have.

I also like the Piri Reis map...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos
reply to post by Kandinsky

Dude,

Would you even consider that it was the OP that was making thje MOST "outstanding" claims here?

If so, why didn't you ask him to bring "some kind of evidence?"

Harte

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
As far as the model airplanes go, there are also wall engravings found in other ancient cultures that depict such things as helicopters and even spacecraft. The one possible explanation that I've never heard put forth to explain these things is that it is possible that the mystics of antiquity had the ability to 'see' into the future. Could it be that they simply carved images of what they saw?
However, I do also agree that they were as intelligent, if not moreso in some areas, than we are today and that they may very well have had some technologies that we, in our modern "advanced" arrogance, are reluctant to acknowledge.
It is also a "dead horse" fact that our methods of dating are extremely flawed, though few in the scientific community are willing to admit it. Scientific truth, it seems, is not nearly as important to them as social and professional acceptance.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
good thread...i really like the klerksdorp speres...never heard of em before...nice

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

S&F! Great thread 'Storm! a few of those finds I wasn't familiar with, and I will be researching them,,,thanks. This is the reason I stopped lurking and joined in on the conversation.The Impossible Fossil just blows me away,,,it seems that even with all "we"(ATSers)know,,,that dig seems to blow almost everything we believe regarding the origin of our species out of the water,,whether ancient astronauts or God,,,the timeline is in question. Shoes 3 million years ago????? Awesome Bro!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join