It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whites 5x richer than blacks in the US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If this is really the case, where's my money? I'm getting gypped here apparently. Heck I don't even make the national average for a single person much less a married couple. Some of this extra white privilege would be nice for a change.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Fun fact for you- Statistics show that one out of three black men will go to prison at least once in their life. All the criminal activety and felonies might be a reson. With a felony on record, getting a good job can be diffilcult. And to me it seems most African Americans are "thugs" or at least try to be.

P.S this post isn't racist, just qualified speculation. Unless you think statistics are racist. I'll admit to sterotyping, but that is not racist. Just because someone observes stereotypes for races doesn't mean they hold a predjudice against that race. Race doesn't matter to me, just behavior does.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by marsvoltafan74

You know you will get flamed by all the bleeding hearts. They will try to make up some sort of reason that white people made many black people thugs. I agree that you are not being racist. Their are a lot of white thugs too and they get the same fate. Thug should just be defined as idiot in the dictionary.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
NIccawhois, you want facts, right?

- Name me a major political party in the West that is mostly staffed by non-White males.

- Name me any major bank, holding or other kind of financial firm based in either Manhattan, London, -Berlin, Paris, Sydney or any other main economic center of the western world that's not run, in majority or totality, by "White" males.

- And yeah, labor unions. Since I admit they are powerful as well on economy and politics, then give me the name of at least one major labor union that's not mostly run by "White" males.

- Any other business-related group, society or organization (like Rotary Club, Freemasons, country clubs, Christian groups, etc) That's not predominantly composed of White males as their core members.

These three types of organizations -all legal- are the ones usually responsible for the growth of wealth and material prosperity of anyone who's closely or remotely connected to these.

Aside from that, you get drug cartels, organized crime and other criminal networks that also provide riches, but eventually send people to jail, or any worse fate. For some reason, in these, you gonna find a lot of non-White people in the western world.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CheeseyMonkey

Exactly, I don't judge by skin. I judge by the quality of the person. Every race has it's great and shameful people. I'm white and ashamed of white hate groups, but I am not personally guilty about:

1. Slavery- I wasn't alive.
2. Segregation- I wasn't alive.
3. The persona of the black culture- I didn't create it.

And news flash, black people as a whole aren't oppressed anymore. Some families are, but (even though Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson may disagree) that is not because of white people. And does anyone else think that affirmitive action has shades of communism?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Yeah I am with you. I dont judge people by skin but by their behavior. There are tons of worthless white people in this world to go along with worthless folks from other races. Every race has its good and bad.

See the thing is that people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are responsible along with Progressives for destroying the black community.

White people have more money because they value the family structure. You dont have 90 % of white kids born out of wedlock. That is a heck of a way to start out life where all your brothers and sisters have different fathers and you are calling your grandma mommy, because your real mother is too busy trying to find the next sperm donor to raise you.

The thing is that the Progressive policies in this country is starting to destroy other races as well. They wont be happy until they bring them all down to the point of utter government dependence.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by CheeseyMonkey]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but the percentage of black children born to a single mother is alarming. I saw the stat a year or so ago and want to say it was around 70%. Certainly hard to save when you are a single parent.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by crsb123

My mom raised six children by herself after my father died. It is possible, but some are selfish and don't accept their responsiblities as a parent.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

The Study that I read said blacks and whites of the same IQ in the US had essentially the same income. Blacks have a lower average IQ which could account for some of the difference, as could their higher incarceration rates.

However the numbers cited are not necessarily reliable.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

And does anyone else think that affirmitive action has shades of communism?

YES! I agree.. that is what makes me so upset about this.. My dad was a school teacher with 4 .. yes FOUR degrees.. and he was set to be principle at the school he was at for 30 years.. it just so happens that this school went from all white to all black in a few years... as a result they kept putting lesser qualified blacks as the principle.. this happened several times.. they told him to his face why.. He was WHITE.. That is racism.. I am not even going to call it reverse racism or affirmative action anymore because it sounds like it is not FULL ON racism.. but it IS! My father is not racist.. he never owned a slave.. he worked very hard and someone with less qualifications made more money then him! Blacks have more opportunity then whites.. that is a fact..

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Well of course the figures are supposedly derived from a sample of the populations they "studied". They then use the "results" of this sample to make sweeping statements about the overall population...

These flawed generalizations are then used by the news article's author to make sensational claims about the wealth disparities that are claimed to exist between the classes of individuals discussed.

Statements like, "A huge wealth gap has opened up between black and white people in the US over the past quarter of a century – a difference sufficient to put two children through university – because of racial discrimination and economic policies that favour the affluent"

So, your point is what exactly?

Honestly, you sound like you've never taken a statistics course, or even heard of the subject.

You should learn a little bit more about distribution curves and how they relate to nearly anything you can think of.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsvoltafan74
Fun fact for you- Statistics show that one out of three black men will go to prison at least once in their life. All the criminal activety and felonies might be a reson. With a felony on record, getting a good job can be diffilcult. And to me it seems most African Americans are "thugs" or at least try to be.

P.S this post isn't racist, just qualified speculation. Unless you think statistics are racist. I'll admit to sterotyping, but that is not racist. Just because someone observes stereotypes for races doesn't mean they hold a predjudice against that race. Race doesn't matter to me, just behavior does.

When I was growing up in high school, I had many black friends and only a few white friends - this was mostly because I grew up in an area where more black people lived. I am white myself.

Funny enough, every. single. one. of my closer black friends that I grew up with landed in jail for at least a year. Two of them are still in jail.. 15 to 25 years apparently.

My white friends? None.

Me? Nope.

I'd be willing to bet I have more assets than them also... huh.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
My opinion is that blacks have a hard time getting ahead because of:

1. The environment they are raised in.... such as, I know a family where the mom has been on welfare her whole life, never has had a job. Had 4 sons, they can't hold jobs, and they have all been in jail or arrested at least once. Where do they like to hang out? In the projects.

2. Peer pressure.... such as, they do well in school, want to dress better, and they get made fun of and told... "Why you acting like a whitey?"

3. Culture. such as the music they listen to, and the likeminded people they attract to themselves to be "accepted."

I think #1 is the main problem. A black family that worked hard and got themselves out of the inner city are going to raise their children alot different. But most are stuck being passed down from generation to generation.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This is from Brandeis University in Massachusetts. Brandeis is an expensive, private University of Liberal Arts that basically does nothing but study social issues and problems. It is partnered with Harvard in some cases and is a decidedly Progressive University. (Spoiled rich kids that have no need of real job skills)

Or to put it more plainly - If your wealthy and your kid has no aspirations beyond meaningless Progressive dialogue and sings Kumbaya all day for entertainment, you send them to Brandeis.

The study is done using median's instead of comparing Apples to Apples. It has nothing to do with income equality or inequality in the work place. The comparisons are made against the whole rather than an honest study of the people of similar income and education.

Here is a link to the breif.

A quote to show the true intent of the study -

A Consumer Financial Protection Agency that ensures fairness for consumers of all financial products would help equalize and regularize the terms on which cash strapped families are borrowing to make ends meet.

...and then to make it clearer...

The data presented here reveals that income alone does not tell the story of economic security or future opportunities. African Americans, who have worked hard at well paying jobs to achieve the American Dream, are still not able to achieve the wealth of their peers in the workforce, which translates into very different life chances. We can do much more to support wealth building for the vulnerable families. Universal policies alone will not address the race gap; wealth building opportunities must be targeted to families of color whose lives are made even more precarious by not having enough assets to make ends meet when economic challenges arise.

This is clearly released now to benefit the Obama Administration and its redistribution plans. Because of the ties to Harvard I doubt this is not by design.

They basically conclude that Whites and Blacks who have the same high income, deal with their money differently. Whites save and invest, Blacks spend everything and then borrow all they can and spend that.

The conclusion is that it is societies fault and that because of this "families of color" need to have special opportunities and treatment.

Or to make it simple -
If a White and a Black have the same job at the same income, the Black should receive special treatment and programs not available to the White person, even though they earn the same.

They go to a great deal of trouble to make what they are saying confusing and the article in the news does nothing to explain the facts. If you were to look at the charts and not take time to understand them, you would think there was a pay gap between Blacks and Whites for the same jobs, which is not true, but is what they want you to believe.

I also find it interesting that when I went to the site of the school at Brandeis that did this study, the photo shows a class containing no Blacks.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I love how most of you never learn to ignore news articles like these. It's basically there just to create dissension between people. Somehow, though, a lot of you just go ahead and say a bunch of things like "Oh so it's the white people's fault again" or "Well blacks spend like this whereas whites spend like this". Come on, how can you not see that things like these are created to just get you to hate your own neighbour?

I also hate the term 'minority'. How is it that this term still exists? It's insulting to say someone belongs to a 'minority race'.

Anyway, articles like this show that there is not going to be an end to hatred in humanity anytime soon. I still can't believe that even the most aware among people still fall for crap like this. You're supposed to want to bring the people together, not going around supporting this perpetual divide.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Whine Flu]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Really? Because I certainly can't afford to buy a brand new Escalade and put 24" custom chrome rims on it. I'm white, and I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel to feed my kids without going on state assistance.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Okay, well Bill Gates and the majority of the Super Rich in America are what, that's right they're white, and that scues the damn results. Also, white people cannot help it if they have rims 5X's less expensive on less expensive cars with 5X's less jewelry and gold teeth! These kinds of studies are not representing the reality of life in America very well. Just because one person has less than another or one race has less than another does not mean that the color of their skin is the difference. Behavioral and cultural differences are much more to blame than skin color. I'd like to see a study done that takes behavioral characteristics into account, I'd be willing to bet that black families and white families who have similar spending, saving, and work habits have similar wealth!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheyRHere913

I accept the facts sir. I started school in Compton Ca. Predominate black population. Do you think I, being white, was welcome and befriended due to my skin color? No. In fact, quite like Africa now, I was the 'n-word' in the snow storm.
Call it what you like but I lived amongst the blacks for too many years. I got beat up for bread and milk money on the way to the local market. I'm stubborn they just got blood on their clothes no money..Mom would have done worse to me.. and Yet I had 1 ...count it 1 of the blacks that I went to school with that became my best friend, to his parents disdain, He literally beat up 5 at a time once during a crisis moment for me. So I never judge a person on skin color. I judge them by their actions . If you behave like an ass then you are an ass and I'll be a hemroid. Scratch as you will I'll still annoy you

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I live in a rural community with a fairly significant minority population. I have helped out with a lot of youth league activities over the years. Dealing with kids in the grades around 5 to 7.

It is very sad. The bulk of the black kids in our communities are basically orphans. I have seen only a handful of black dads show up for games and awards. A lot of them do not have regular attending moms either. I can't tell you how many times I had to take kids to a house or a church after events because nobody bothered to pick them up. That just boggled my mind.

I liked these kids, all of them. I could see those who were starting to head down the wrong path. They were at the age when they could still be helped, but they had no one to tell them no or good job. They had no feedback at all from what I could tell. Kids need some guidance in being brought up. That is color blind.

I don't know what the solution is. I just saw the result.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Most of this has to do with housing.. which seems weird, but it is. Middle Class white neighborhoods appreciate far faster than "black" neighborhoods.. it's not true for when a black family moves into a white neighborhood, their house appreciates at the same levels.. but honestly, how many times have you seen black "hoods" and think wow, I really wanna live there. And usually when a lot of blacks move into white neighborhoods (see Cincinnati's government funded project to mix blacks into middle class white neighborhoods) the house prices plummet.. because whites move out and away from the blacks (which sadly usually brings higher crime.. but not because of race, specifically in these programs they were gov assisted)

The majority of family equity in America comes from the home. If Blacks have far lower total assets, it's because of their house.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join