It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iss power outtage? Why the Cameras?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
After reading the official reports of the recent power outage on board the I.S.S. I am beginning to wonder if something just got covered up. Why does all the news reports only talk about the video cameras being effected. Was there something there that we weren't suppose to see? The official story says that the outage was followed by a computer crash that knocked out several systems "evidently not note worthy". But they did expressly make sure in all news reports contained info about the cameras.

Source 1

Source 2

Source 3

Why not mention other systems? Maybe because the other systems didn't show a ufo in the back ground or E.T. helping turn a wrench?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If it was to cover something up, why announce the power outage at all?

If they had not mentioned it, would you have even known about it?

Why make up a story to cover something up when not even releasing the information is a better, smarter and easier option...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I wonder if it has to do anything with:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There could be a whole fleet of them out there and they had to shut down the cameras for all we know.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The first thing that came to my mind when I read this news was some sort of conspiracy or cover up as well.

And Chadwickus-
I personally think TPTB do give out tidbits of the truth sometimes, but the general public doesn't notice, thinks its a joke, or just thinks its a coincidence.

This could maybe be a reason they even mentioned the power outage at all... or maybe the OP and I are just too much into conspiracies..?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm wondering, do they do a live shot for all to see those video's or do you have to be a NASA employee?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Here you go:
www.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
If it was to cover something up, why announce the power outage at all?

If they had not mentioned it, would you have even known about it?

Why make up a story to cover something up when not even releasing the information is a better, smarter and easier option...

I think I agree with everything you ever say on ATS, but in this case the reason might be that fulltime 24/7 camera shots are available to the general public. People would have picked up on this without any statement.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Yeah I'm thinking the power outage was probably a pulled plug incident. I'm also thinking that NASA also has a time delay on the public monitoring vids. I would think that a power outage and the main control computer would have been a major news story. But it seems they put more emphasis on the cams.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The ISS is a perfect example of what humanity can do and undo.
Years in the making. All these goodhearted bright decent people contributing
their complete souls , minds , and lifetime of knowledge to the game. Everything.
Marriages,other careers, other choices and opportunities canceled.
Just to be part of this great project.

On the other balance of the scale you have the accountants.
How much goes in, how much goes out, how much is diverted, and into
which political or otherwise pocket.

It is a miracle the thing has not broken in half or completely been disabled/
and or evacuated due to space junk impact or meteors.

Don't even go into the camera issue. Do you want to know why?
Did you ever stop to think for a second that even the "Experts" do not
quite understand what Their looking at.

As much as they know, they are just as perplexed, Only dangerously more so. My Advice, go get a Hot fudge Sundae and relax. Nice Post

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Because, one day, someone will find the info and say: "Hey! If they hid this, what did it hide?!" Better to hide in plain sight where nobody expects you.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Just re-read the source articles again.

I don't think it was the actual cameras that got knocked out, but the monitors that the cameras were hooked up to...

The power of the video monitors that were being used by the robot arm operator, Piers Sellers was also lost due to the power crash.

but power temporarily was lost to some equipment, including the video monitors being used by the robot arm operator, Piers Sellers.

Semantics to some, but there is actually a considerable difference.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Your right. But was the public feed lost on Earth?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

No idea...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
OK , when this crap happens it really does my head in.

I know that anybody here can point at me and laugh, but I also know that their must be people who have similar expieriences.

This is the truth. Laugh all you want I do not care, Honest.

When I read this it hit me like a sledgehammer.

Every so often I can reach a level of peace or contentness. At these times I try to tap in to the world around me. Its nothing special. Anyone can do it. I don't have any magical ablilities. I do not claim to be special. The last time I did this was a about a week ago.

I usually find great satisfaction doing this because it gives me great peace and contentment when I am done. Its usually something that gives me more insight into the world.

So the last time I am doing this the I.S.S pops into my head. No idea why? Totally puzzled. So I am thinking I am heading there or something. I laugh this off becuase I know this is not gonna happen. Lots of thoughts like this running through my head making no sense. Then comes the main thought that takes over. This was that there was an E.T. presence visiting the I.S.S. THis thought would not leave my head. I totally dismissed this, but it was the only thought that stayed in my head. I sorta got that the being visiting was looking for someone in particular, but not sure on that? After I finished I forgot about this becuase I have never come up with something like this before. I have come up with some strange things but nothing to do with space. The overwhelming thought was a visitation on the I.S.S.

I thought this was ridicoulous. Until I read this post today.

I said how at the start this kinda crap does my head in. This is becuase I always know what happens to be true but I just know most people would think I should be locked up. When I am doing this I just seem to be tapping into some human instinct that I am sure is available to all of us. Most people won't talk about things like this. Some people think it is better to keep things secret. That is where you gain power. I don't subscribe to that view. We won't evovle if we don't share what we learn.

Anyway, don't waist your time ripping me over this because, lets face it , its just too easy.

peace.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Hey, who knows? Maybe E.T. came to celebrate space Shuttle Atlantis last flight. Atlantis? Lost atlantis? ET? Just thinking out loud.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Maybe so.

I'm not too concerned about the shuttle flights stopping though.

I have known since I was a kid that I will end up in space. Even though I am now in my thirities and most people would think this is not gonna happen, I know different. Just one of those things you know.

I have no idea how it will happen or when. I don't worry about this. I know it will sort itself out. I just know I will be in space at sometime in the future when I am stilll alive.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Occam's razor is by no means 100% right, but it has served me well so far, and leads me to believe that maybe they just lost power temporarily because of a computer crash.

Go ahead, tell me to slurp up all that the government feeds me, but it's my human nature to trust and believe there isnt a massive cover-up...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The simplest answer could be:

The reason the cameras had gone down since the back-up power system initiated all non-essential systems were placed offline until main power was restored.

You don't need cameras during a power outage! They were simply not part of the back-up system bus.

anyway my 0.02

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

I think maybe you would want camera's running if something was screwed up.
Sort of like a cockpit recorder.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

I understand your point of view.

Yet in an emergency situation, POWER is everything. You do not want to use, well in the case of emergency, abuse power consumption.

Video is way secondary. Also as in a recorder of sorts, telemetry is much more important than video.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join