It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Oil Spill: Are we seeing Biblical Prophecy unfold?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
We all know that the gulf oil spill is bad, bad news, but have you thought of it this way? For those who are not aware of the reality of the oil spill please see this informative post by 1SawSomeThings for reference:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The prophecy:

Revelation 16:3 - And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

Revelation 8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; 9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

Imagine you are John on the Island of Patmos, almost 2000 years ago. Now imagine you were witnessing an oil spill about 2000 years into the future; with your current knowledge at that time how would you describe what the oil looked like on the water? Um.... Blood?

Now what does the blood of a dead man (or any animal for that matter) turn into after death? Um..... Fossil fuels?

www.umich.edu...
en.wikipedia.org...

If you seen the explosion of the oil rig when it occurred what would you describe it as? Now remember you have never seen a structure like this ever before in your life would you not think it a kin to a mountain?

Am I the only one that sees the connection?

I mean I am just throwing this out there......

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

Yes, but a man made disaster with the hopes of starving us and taking all of our money.

They already took my money, so I started growing my own food.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

LOL, me too...

On another note I do believe people look at Biblical Prophecy from the wrong perspective; the prophecy never states it is man made or natural, we cannot assume prophecy will not be fullfilled by mans actions.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Melssa, Havn't spoke to you for awhile. Of course I know Revelations. i
believe full well (get it) you may have the right analogy go'in on here.
The parallel of the fossil fuels is very sharp indeed. Good look'in out in any case.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Great post. I'll have to study on it a bit. S/F 4 u

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hey Randy long time no see; lol, I got it. Yea I have been thinking about this for a while and I decided to put it up to see what others thought. Thanks

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Very interesting and good find. It's always nice to run across those who still stand on scripture in a world where that is becoming more and more rare.

I remember as a child asking my parents if they thought Jesus would come in our lifetime and it was always, "I hope so." If I asked them today...they would say they know we are in the end times. I find it frightening sometimes, but not so much as when I was a bit younger. We all want to seem our dreams come to fruition, but God always has a better plan and bigger picture.

I am uncertain of the future, but I know who holds it. Peace.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
All though it seems to to fit the prophecy given artistic license you would have to explain the proceeding events of the trumpets and angels that came before the said angels in the chronology of the events in revelations. Pretty sure this exact topic has been brought up over last week or two on ATS. It to didnt seem to be able to fit it into the series of events that lead to this disaster.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Also given that its now coming to light that its spouting out an estimated 3000/1 ratio of gas over oil theres now theories out there calling for explosions of well, biblical proportions. Giant fireball consumes the gulf my take care of the whole destroying the ships part. Ships dont care that much of oil.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiKFury
Also given that its now coming to light that its spouting out an estimated 3000/1 ratio of gas over oil theres now theories out there calling for explosions of well, biblical proportions. Giant fireball consumes the gulf my take care of the whole destroying the ships part. Ships dont care that much of oil.
Yeah ...interesting theory only the gas isn't making it all the way to the surface...think of a bubble maker in a fishtank. Only this bubble maker is 5,000 feet deep. the bubbles don't make it all the way to the surface bubba.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Not much to add except, from what i've seen, dead blood is a brownish black. Thin amounts look a little red. The images of the Gulf right now have a dead blood appearance.
Good thread. I never thought of the rig being the mountain of fire, but it does make sense.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
When we look at those Biblical Prophecy texts we need to ask ourselves two basic questions:

1. Who is being addressed?
2. Is what is in view "the end of the WORLD/cosmos" or the "end of the AGE/Aion" and if the latter... then the end of what age?

In the Matthew 23/24 and parallel passages the context of this end was in the context of the destruction of the then standing temple and concurrent judgement. Revelation was written in the first century to seven regional churches that existed back then and of events that for them were to soon and shortly come to pass.

The best talk I have heard in streaming and mp3 format on the subject can be found here. The reason why so many wish to refulfill history and self-fulfill prophecy is because they have no idea what had already taken place:

www.sermonaudio.com...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
For those who believe that this Gulf disaster is containable....

Check out the following....

Darvaz: The Door to Hell

This place in Uzbekistan is called by locals “The Door to Hell”. It is situated near the small town of Darvaz. The story of this place lasts already for 35 years. Once the geologists were drilling for gas. Then suddenly during the drilling they have found an underground cavern, it was so big that all the drilling site with all the equipment and camps got deep deep under the ground. None dared to go down there because the cavern was filled with gas. So they ignited it so that no poisonous gas could come out of the hole, and since then, it’s burning, already for 35 years without any pause. Nobody knows how many tons of excellent gas has been burned for all those years but it just seems to be infinite there.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
While religious believers like to link "disasters" to doom and gloom revelations, the oil spill is limited to one area in the sea.

It doesn't take a genius to understand that while is a ecological disaster and economical disaster for the US the only ones to be impacted is actually the coast of the US.

Unless we are the dark angels of the Apocalypse in the US this disaster will only hurt US economy.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

My only real objection to this theory is that I think it's too early.
I'm still convinced that we haven't even seen the "Four Horsemen" yet.
You can see what I mean from my various threads on the subject;
Revelation Interpretation

[edit on 19-5-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
While religious believers like to link "disasters" to doom and gloom revelations, the oil spill is limited to one area in the sea.

It doesn't take a genius to understand that while is a ecological disaster and economical disaster for the US the only ones to be impacted is actually the coast of the US.

Unless we are the dark angels of the Apocalypse in the US this disaster will only hurt US economy.

I have to disagree ocean currents travel the world over if this thing keeps going it is plausable that over time the oil could travel the world over. Much of the oil is said to still be close to the Ocean bottom (due to the chemicals used to contain the oil) thus with the constant currents following around the world as it cycles the oil could in time spread the world over.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

My only real objection to this theory is that I think it's too early.
I'm still convinced that we haven't even seen the "Four Horsemen" yet.
You can see what I mean from my various threads on the subject;
Revelation Interpretation

[edit on 19-5-2010 by DISRAELI]

I agree it may be to early. I would have to study on this to see if I can find world wide events that fit the prophecy. Many things happen world wide that we may never hear about or may not find significant thus we may not be aware that these things have passed. Our conception of how the prophecy will look could be off, just like the Jews and Jesus: Jesus did not fit the Jewish perception of the messia so they rejected him. We must open our mind to other possibilities even if they do not meet our personal idea of how things should unfold. This oil spill may not have anything to do with the prophecy of Revelations I am not 100% sure I just feel it could be possible. Melissa101

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Actually the oceans floor releases more natural gases and other natural sources by natural means that is believed, is part of nature,we only have knowledge of the oceans wonders from recent times and still is more wonders that we have not discovered yet, look at Florida, the globs they found in the coast are not related to the gulf spills, but could come from some natural sources.

Earth is very resilient we only have been part of it for a fraction of time compare to its beginnings, (i am not a young earth believer), so earth will still be here when our species is long gone.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I have yet to do my research on this particular subject, but can anybody tell me where that pipeline was coming from?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join