It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona dares L.A. to carry out boycott [Updated]

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

DUI checkpoints may be unconstitutional or not. Do they help in avoiding accidents? No study out there that claims otherwise, but the drunk drivers sure soil their pants and the drug paraphernalia users soil there pants too. Maybe next time such people will lay of the pipe and shot glasses until they get home.

As far what you are saying about Arizona, we are in complete agreement.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Arizona admits that they only supply Cali with 25% of their power, but even if Cali loses only that they're gonna be up the creek without a paddle for awhile. Even if Cali can get the rest of their power from Nevada It's gonna take awhile to accomplish that. I would assume that the power supplied by Arizona is run to certain places through certain lines, if they cut it, the parts of Cali that receive it would be without power until the power from Nevada can be rerouted through those lines. That could take awhile, especially if they have to install new equiptment like transformers, etc. So if Cali really intends to play hardball, they may want to get their power switched beforehand.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Nevada didn't say they would be able to meet all of California's Demand. I mean 25% of California power with a ratio to their population size might be a bit much wile Nevada is selling to other states also.

It'll definitely be somewhat entertaining. Arizona can sell power to the states that Nevada provides as Utah and Colorado are more in tune with Arizona's line of thinking anyway.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

i hate to ask, but would know a specific site or how I can find an exact reading on the Arizona Law they are discussing, as I've heard much about it, but don't know exactly where I would find the whole thing and I'm curious on it's exact reading. So, when I start discussing the law with people I'll be able to tell who has and who hasn't read it and also it's just beneficial, because I live in Vegas and we might adopt such a thing here I hope. I can gurantee you that if I mob over to Star Nursery here, and start yelling La Migra they will be dippin off in a hurry.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by agentofchaos

Hey no hurt in asking, I actually commend you for it for wanting to read it and then pick the side of your choosing.

The Full Bill

Summary of Said Bill

I hope the above links help.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by agentofchaos

Here ya go...

brownsville.rgvtp.com...

All the changes from the original legislation are in blue. There's a bunch of stuff about applying for state benefits, the juicy stuff starts on about page three...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Your links are better than mine

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112

Your links are better than mine

Your links have blue color

But we are both fighting for the same side, YaY.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Los Angeles and those other cities relying on Arizona not only for dollars but for utilities also better think twice for the boycotts.

In his letter to the Mayor of LA, Arizona representative had given plenty of warnings for the reversal of such ban but as more & more states hop on the bandwagon, Arizona needs to lay the smack down.

I don't advocate such state on state wars, but hey the boycotting states only think this is a one way street, they need to get a reality check.

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

They weren't daring them to boycott, they were just offering to help them enforce the boycott.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I think Arizona should offer to repeal the law and replace it with the Mexican immigration laws.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

Nah, They should keep the Law on the books as it already is the Federal law. Heck California has a similar law on their books, but the lawmakers can't even read any English in that state anymore or are too doped out to notice.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

thanks a lot for the links, much appreciated, reading them now...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Good on you, Arizona!!!! Not just electricity- stop giving them WATER!!!!
See how fast, they buckle then! Better yet- build a tall wall, around california, compensate any Ca resident with sense enough to leave, and cut-off ALL services- let it return to it's natural desert condition. Good riddence!

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join