It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona dares L.A. to carry out boycott [Updated]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Arizona dares L.A. to carry out boycott

www.washingtontimes.com

The spat over Arizona's new immigration expanded Tuesday as a state official dared the city of Los Angeles to follow through on its new boycott by agreeing to give up the 25 percent of electricity that city gets from Arizona sources.

In a letter to Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, Arizona Corporation Commissioner Gary Pierce said a boycott war is bad for both sides, and said he would "be happy to encourage Arizona utilities to renegotiate your power agreements"....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Added links - fwix.com...

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 19/5/10 by masqua]

+9 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Los Angeles and those other cities relying on Arizona not only for dollars but for utilities also better think twice for the boycotts.

In his letter to the Mayor of LA, Arizona representative had given plenty of warnings for the reversal of such ban but as more & more states hop on the bandwagon, Arizona needs to lay the smack down.

I don't advocate such state on state wars, but hey the boycotting states only think this is a one way street, they need to get a reality check.

www.washingtontimes.com

+37 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hopefully AZ sticks it to Los Angeles and the other racists who have a problem upholding the law, because lets be honest here, a large majority of those opposed to the law are simply against keeping more of their fellow countrymen out. The people who passed this law arent the racists, those fighting it are.

Put them in the dark and lets test their determination.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by brainwrek]

+15 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

My friend prionace glauca, They will have that reality check has soon has they notice more illegals taking what ever they had left in California.

I mean right now they may have 2 families living in a one family residence, but soon they'll be at least 4 families living in that house or apartment.

I don't know, but I'm here to say, We can dish it out and take it. I don't appreciate someone from a sanctuary city or state telling me how to run my city or state and live my life according to their rules. They can Bite My Old A$$.

+15 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'd like to see this mayor force LAX to boycott US Airways airline, which pays landing and terminal fees, buys fuel and flies thousands of people into LA regularly.

US Airways is based in Phoenix, and employs about 10,000 people.

Maybe Arizona should boycott LA, and stop doing business there?

This is crazy and childish.

Arizona is only guilty of trying to enforce FEDERAL laws where the federal government has completely failed to do so and has allowed this illegal immigration to become such a major problem that a state feels compelled to take action where the fed will not.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This is bad times boys and girls. States fighting against each other is going to tear us apart for sure.
We need to find some way to stay united. We need to work together for a solution and not find ways to hurt each other. This is hurting the entire USA.

+2 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
My home is in southern California and I find the situation a total outrage.
Boycott this, that, whatever.

All I can say is...

Arizona: DO IT!

+1 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
This is bad times boys and girls. States fighting against each other is going to tear us apart for sure.
We need to find some way to stay united. We need to work together for a solution and not find ways to hurt each other. This is hurting the entire USA.

meh.

How about, for starters, the Federal government starts protecting the states?

What? They don't?

Guess the states have to pick up the slack. Too bad some states don't properly respect the Union they are part of.

[edit on 5/18/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

The USA would benefit from some division. "Variable X" hurting the entire country is a leading reason for laws that impinge upon our individual liberties. Obama supporters and other big government types can rot for all I care, I would just like it to be away from me.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

How about they keep their Open Boarder and Sanctuary City Noses out of other States Laws and the Enforcement Of Laws.
Don't call us Racist and Bigots for trying to regain control of our cities and economy and even our education system.
Please no one bring up that Piece Of Sh&t Mayor of ours here in Phoenix, He's termed out anyway. THANK GOD!

Sorry op if I ranted.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
All of this is really childish imo.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Los Angeles Lakers have to travel to Phoenix, Arizona to play the Suns in the Western Conference Finals. I really hope the media does their jobs and reports on any vocal California leaders that attends these games.

My prediction: IT WON'T HAPPEN! The lame-stream media can't stand stories like this.

+2 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer

Childish yes, so the Grown Ups aka Arizona have to level the playing field. When a child starts to throw tantrums, you take away its toys.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

And Gouhua..this topic gets us all fired up. No offense taken.

+18 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I am literally so stressed out over this illegal immigration stuff. The violations of our laws has got to stop. Arizona is fed up and rightly so. American citizens are so sick of the violence, theivery, dishonesty and everything else that comes along with this illegal immigration issue.

In 52 years, I have never ever seen where we had to speak another language just to get a factory job. In all my life I have never seen such a rise in crimes etc. I am sick of seeing citizens suffer because of this bull. To put an illegal's importance over a citizen is unacceptable. The drug cartels and illegals are all across the U.S.A. America is broke. Millions are jobless. How I wish this madness would just stop. Common sense, secure the borders and do what is necessary. Enforce the laws!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
All the states bordering Arizona should make those with Arizona plates show their papers to cross their borders and pay for a visa for all those in the vehicle.

$5o for adults and $100. for children. The elderly must return home as they should not be allowed to travel interstate at any cost. They usually smell bad.

Or perhaps Colorado should shut off the water to Arizona. The people in Tuscon could grow peyote in their pools and drink lizard blood.

See how stupid this whole thing is?

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!!

[edit on 18-5-2010 by whaaa]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So I have not really been following this too in depth, meaning the spat between LA and AZ. But, just wondering, has the POTUS come out and said, done, voiced, anything about this? I have really been focusing on the Oil spill, and He doesn't seem to be doing much there, other than focusing on money money money. I may be misguided or wrong? In fact, what has that guy been doing? If he can turn people to tears at the grace of his presence, why all the mess in our country? ( no need to answer that one) I am pretty aware.

Props to AZ for holding their own. Yea... we are being torn apart.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer

jeasahtheseer, OK, I read your signature. Heart Warming, But there again you do not state anywhere in your profile that I seen, Where You Live.

So, until I know that, I can't be really sure of your standings in this topic, because I take it from what I've read about you,,,,,
Your pretty much a Bleeding Heart kind of guy. Because I'll tell you, What you find Childish, is our livelihood in some states, There are young people who can not get a job at the local fast food or restaurant or 7&11 or Stop n Go or a tire shop because some illegals have their entire family working there.
You'll find most of the time with stolen SSN's and other I.D's and these employers are SCUM and don't do the proper NCIC or other back ground checks.
So, don't make a statement about something being Childish to you, until you own up to where your coming from on the issue.

+7 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I just moved to Texas (around Dallas), and just today we had two illegal aliens apply for detail/porter jobs. (I work for a car dealership....duh) Un-freaking-believable,

Heard the manager call them "undocumented", I did a double take and said "you mean, illegal?" He said "Yes they apply all the time."

At least I work for a reputable company that doesn't waste their time with these criminals!

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Los Angeles and those other cities relying on Arizona not only for dollars but for utilities also better think twice for the boycotts.

In his letter to the Mayor of LA, Arizona representative had given plenty of warnings for the reversal of such ban but as more & more states hop on the bandwagon, Arizona needs to lay the smack down.

I don't advocate such state on state wars, but hey the boycotting states only think this is a one way street, they need to get a reality check.

www.washingtontimes.com

LA is full of pompous asses that typically do not hold the values of the other 49 states. They think (in their 6 billion dollar deficit) that they can influence everyone else; well they are nothing more than a bunch of politicians whoring for the Spanish vote...

Case in point... Not to always attack the Mexicans, but in San Fran they are trying to push the right for all residents (legal or illegal) to be able to vote. Well the Politian pushing this is Asian and with 40% of that area Asian the illegal Asian population is nothing more than votes to him...

People who care about America over all other countries would back all this...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join