It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott a service. Against the TOS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If I was to post a link to video of the CEO of a service saying something. Then suggested that Americans boycott that service what he said. Would I be violating the TOS for simply making the suggestion?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Probably, but I will wait for the mods to decide.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It would not be advised

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

[edit on May 18th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If you found a boycott already in place and started a discussion about it, that's something that seems to be a way to make people aware of the cause without getting in trouble. There are several threads floating around about boycotts over the Arizona immigration law issue, and none of them have been shut down. It looks like as long as you aren't asking people to go sign up for the boycott, you aren't recruiting.

I could be wrong, though.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Is this why the thread about a new Conspiracy Channel website was nuked? I went back looking for it and it was gone.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Sorry, wrong thread.

[edit on 5/19/10 by MrDesolate]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Question has been answered.

Thread closed.

top topics

join