It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does Fannie Mae have to do with Cap & Trade?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Here's one to leave you scratching your head.

Fannie Mae, which is a residential housing lender, has a US patent for something called “System and Method for Residential Emissions Trading”, which is described as the machinery necessary to facilitate the carbon trading system as established through cap and trade.

Representatives Investigate Fannie Mae Patent

Republican Representatives Jason Chaffetz (Utah) and Darrell Issa (Calif.) are in the process of seeking information concerning a recent patent acquired by Fannie Mae regarding the cap-and-trade system. The Representatives and many Americans are confused as to the role Fannie Mae intends to play in cap and trade since Fannie Mae is a mortgage company.

When visiting the Fannie Mae website, the company’s mission statement reads, “Fannie Mae is committed to supporting and aiding in the efforts to stabilize the housing market.” It seems, however, that Fannie Mae is attempting to take on a new role within the federal government, and it involves cap and trade and the Chicago Climate Exchange.

In June 2005, the United States Patent and Trademark Office issued Patent No. 6,904,336 to Fannie Mae for a “System and Method for Residential Emissions Trading.” The patent was approved for then-chairman and chief executive officer Franklin Raines, who is now better known as a notorious fraudster. The “system and method for residential emissions trading” is the machinery necessary to facilitate the carbon trading system as established through cap and trade.

Chaffetz states, “I have serious questions about why Fannie Mae, back in 2005, was working on a Cap and Trade scheme. Why would they be spending their resources on something that is well outside of the scope of Fannie Mae’s charter?”

Furthermore, former Fannie Vice President Scott Lesmes was listed on the patent as a co-inventor on the patent. You may recall Lesmes played a large role in the downfall of the housing market through his use of risky “bundling” of mortgages that were resold to investors as mortgage-backed securities. The same Scott Lesmes has been placed in charge of the carbon trading system and intends to use a similar method of “bundling” to sell air.

Read more: The New American

What the heck is a housing market lender doing creating a system for implementing the Cap & Trade scheme?

Considering the fact that the co-creator of this patent is the same A-hole who came up with the mortgage bundling system that caused the economy to collapse, this scares the crap outta me.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Carbon credits, the next vehicle in the agenda.

Why don't we ask the Europeans how that is going? Corruption, mismanagement. Fraud.

Hmmm, sounds like our federal reserve system tied into our banks. Where has that led us in the past 40 years? They removed the gold standard just a mere 40 years ago. Did not take long for that to destroy the wealth of everyone except the elite.

Now, they are instituting the next playbook. Wonder what that has to do with control? Cap and Tax, hoaxed manmade global warming.

Hell, even one of the idiots admit that the CO2 drop they are expecting will not change anything. So, what is the real purpose?

Could it be? Could it actually be just another SCAM to control and tax?

I think everyone knows my viewpoint.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Welcome back to The Queue, WoW.com's daily Q&A Crwezpkwv column where the wow power leveling WoW.com team answers your questions about the World of Warcraft. Alex Ziebart will be your host today. I'm going to use The Queue's intro today to remind all of you that our loot card giveaway for this week is still up and active until tomorrow morning. If you haven't entered yet, go do it. Do not try to enter here on this post, because all that you will win is my aion gold eternal loathing. Go to the contest post and leave a comment there to enter. Since not everyone who comes to Cataclysm will necessarily be decked out in tier 10 (they may not even have rare pieces but be sporting quest greens), about how long will people still be wearing tier 9 and tier 10? My guess is that quest greens will wow power leveling replace our LK epics by about level 83. Or is itemization going to change so radically that we'll want to replace our T9 and T10 right away? Have you, like our own Mikhail Saccovich, been dying to see what the new female worgen models are going to look like? Die no more! The Escapist has you covered, my friends, in detail. Copious screenshots of the new lady worgen models in wedding dresses cloth, leather, mail and plate gear to give you a general idea of what they'll look like when you roll one. The article emphasizes that these are works in progress, but I dig them. I really like how sinuous they are. My worgen rogue just might be a lady after all. The World of Warcraft Armory is now beta testing a long-awaited feature for the iPhone and iPod touch -- the remote auction house. During the beta test, all features -- including premium features like buying and selling items and collecting gold are Louis Vuitton Bags available for testing and free to use. After the beta test ends, a subscription to World of Warcraft Remote will be required to access these features -- for now though, it's all free. Check out the full F.A.Q on the auction house system, and download the tool for testing from the Armory website. If you do not have an iPhone or iPod touch, the web version of the Remote Auction House is also in wow gold beta testing -- players with characters on the servers available for testing can access the Auction House for their realm via the Armory website. The full list of servers available for beta testing is after the break.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by two0426

Well, uh, thanks for your reply.

I think.

top topics

join