It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul wins Ky. Sen. primary in test of tea party

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Man that brings back memories. I actually watched that show in Madrid, Spain when I was 8-9 years old and I memorized the lyrics even before I learnt to speak/write in English.

I had a crush on Connie Selleca for the longest time. It might be why I married a beautiful woman with green eyes and black hair, and why I am so fond of women with green eyes and black hair.

Anyway, as to Rand Paul being elected, let's wait, and hope that he is like his father.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Rand Paul Wins Kentucky Primary For U.S. Senate! Full Victory Speech

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
the bbc is spinning this..saying its all about anti-incumbent feelings...not a word about freedom or the laws of the constitution...

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 19-5-2010 by alienesque]
Probably not a word about the fact here in Kentucky, ProLife pandering and Xian pandering get you automatic votes. have you even seen this guy's ads? Unfortunately I had to sit through them living here in Kentucky. There is NOTHING special bout using a christians beliefs to garner votes, looks like rand did it well.

ETA anyone who is ProLife is Anti Constitution because my body my rights, period.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by hotbakedtater]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Rand Paul looks like the real deal! Not as kooky as his father.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Good news indeed. One more good guy in for us along with Ron his father.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Rand Paul looks like the real deal! Not as kooky as his father.

Whether you think Ron is kooky or not he is a good man, intelligent man trying to do the right thing, sponsoring bills for us and voting for us. More than I can say for 98% of the people in Washington.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by alienesque
the bbc is spinning this..saying its all about anti-incumbent feelings...not a word about freedom or the laws of the constitution...

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 19-5-2010 by alienesque]
Probably not a word about the fact here in Kentucky, ProLife pandering and Xian pandering get you automatic votes. have you even seen this guy's ads? Unfortunately I had to sit through them living here in Kentucky. There is NOTHING special bout using a christians beliefs to garner votes, looks like rand did it well.

ETA anyone who is ProLife is Anti Constitution because my body my rights, period.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by hotbakedtater]

yeah ok whatever, complete non logic there. So you like killing unborn babies and anyone who opposes that is unconstitutional? Every heard of giving up for adoption? Birth control pills or condoms? Maybe just not dropping your pants all the time?
The man is a Christian and so are a lot of people, why not use that to get votes, better than using lies like the rest do.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
If the republican can't win here, it puts in doubt the GOP's grandiose expectations for this fall, and that is why I called it the most compelling race of the night.

If the republican wins, it will be ACTUAL evidence of a forming wave election this fall. The best evidence back in 1994 when the GOP had a wave was their winning of exactly this type of special election before the November general....

On the other hand, just taking a look at his website, it would seem that Critz ran a conservative campaign. He's pro-life, pro-2nd amendment, against the bailouts, in favor of oil drilling, an opponent of cap-and-trade, an opponent of Obamacare...it goes on and on. Given that he appears to be significantly to the right of the rest of the Democratic party on a number of issues, I'm not sure that this is a particularly good example.

Hell, if the Democrats would run more guys like this, I might even vote for them.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Absolutely NO ONE gets into positions of power unless the Big Deals in power approve it.

I cannot believe everyone still thinks the Ron Pauls are for the commoner (we the people).

Trust me, no one is sending any message to DC other than the fact the voter, the so called independent and tea partiers still remain stupid and impotent.

Yahoo has already censored me on their boards because the truth stings rather nicely. Hopefully they have tagged me as an enemy combatant once again and another round of surveillance on me has begun. It tells me that I am doing my job correctly and I am on track.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
"ETA anyone who is ProLife is Anti Constitution because my body my rights, period. "

Between this comment and the Obama-drone skunknuts, I see the collective intelligence quotient of ATS is, as per usual in political threads, hovering somewhere around the lowest common denominator.

Roe v. Wade is one of the most profoundly anti-constitutional SC decisions in the history of the republic. What most of the pro-choice people fail to realize is that abortion is a secondary issue re: RvW. The decision established the notion of 'super precedent,' i.e. the federal government via the court issues a legislative diktat which circumvents the 9th and 10th amendments and imposes a ruling on the states.

To clarify, if RvW were overturned tomorrow, the issue of abortion would return to the states either directly by vote of the citizens or via state legislatures. If Texas wants to outlaw abortion, why should the mores of the northeast and west coast prevent them from doing so. Conversely, if Mass. and Cali want to provide state funding for abortion, why should the mores of the bible belt/south/midwest prevent them from doing so. Hint: they shouldn't. This is why we have the concept of states' rights enshrined in the Constitution; it is also why TPTB loathe the 10th amendment (10th'ers) and vilify it's supporters.

RvW is just another iteration of the all-encompassing state which has simultaneously provided endless political capital to the Republicorps and the Demonrats and has kept us divided over an issue that could have been solved very simply long ago. Don't like abortion? Move to Texas. Like abortion? Move to Cali. Vote with your feet. Voila.

This is precisely why we need more men like Rand Paul in the Congress.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

I 100% completely disagree. If anything, he needs to say this even louder than his father. If he bows to the status quo, then has he (or the Tea Party) really accomplished anything?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

This seems cowardly. Better to all be open, honest, and courageous. It is the lack of courageous voices that let's the people of ill intent take our country from us and steal freedoms from the world.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Your rights end where another’s begins. In other words PROLIFE is supporting the rights of the child. You see you are correct your body your rights when it comes to a tumor or whatnot, you have a choice what you do to yourself but not to another life. I would say you have it wrong.

Best wishes.

-Al

[edit on 19-5-2010 by AlBeMet]

[edit on 19-5-2010 by AlBeMet]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
From Wikipedia:

Paul is a critic of the Federal Reserve, the USA PATRIOT Act, the federal government's bailout of Wall Street, and the erosion of civil liberties.
Paul supports a constitutional amendment and state and federal legislation to outlaw abortion and opposes abortion in cases of rape and incest

He doesn't want the government telling you what to do...unless you're a rape victim.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Reply to post by skunknuts

Sorry there, boss. Someone's theory on one set of districts cannot be proven false by the results in another wholly separate set of districts, especialy across state lines.

Theorized on your end, maybe. Proven utterly false? Hardly.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Reply to post by superluminal11

Surveillance? Because of a dissenting political message posted on an Internet form? Seriously?

Do you have any idea the amount of surveillance that would be required in this country? Or are you deluded and thinking you hold more importance than you actually do?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlBeMet

Your rights end where another’s begins. In other words PROLIFE is supporting the rights of the child. You see you are correct your body your rights when it comes to a tumor or whatnot, you have a choice what you do to yourself but not to another life. I would say you have it wrong.

When does it become a child? At the moment of fertilization? Implantation? How about when the embryo is indistinguishable from that of a fish or lizard?

What about the point where the embryo has a tail? Is it a person with rights yet?

I'll give you fetus - that's pretty far along in development. But it's not a fetus until 9 weeks. And it doesn't have a cerebral cortex - which makes us human - until quite some time later.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There are democrats that would elect Mao Tse Tung as long as he was pro-abortion.
Really, folks. You are not going to agree with anyone on everything. This is a tactic used to divide people and render them ineffective.
The right to an abortion may be the last thing you are worried about when the economy fails for lack of intelligent leadership.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So this guy was a democrat or republican?
We need a tea partier in office; we need a third party a Tea party.
As long as the politicians are still marked Dem or Rep they own it all.
A third party could keep the politicians off balance.
So all you can keep screaming “We Showed Them”!
Same show different channel.
Remember politicians make all sorts of promises to get into office, almost never are they fulfilled. WE NEED A THIRD PARTY.!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join