It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Paranormal]Ghost in the Machine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The Ghost in the Machine

There are several stories told over the years of the fusion between the spirits of the dead and the technology that surrounds us all. A number of horror writers have made careers out of haunting a simple device such as a car, a plane, or a telephone, but what about the very computers we sit at every day? Is it possible for the same electromagnetic impulses picked up by EMF detectors wielded during ghost hunts to influence our computers? One Urban Legend making the rounds in Australia tells the story of just that happening.

Source

[My Comment]
Personally the idea that the spirit can be trapped within technology doesnt surprise me, they say our spirit is pure energy so its not that hard to imagine. But i still wonder what it would be like. Would you be trapped? Would you be Happy?

So i thought i`d share with you wonderful people.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

Well I suppose that it would be somewhat "possible" and I use that term loosely. However, the problem arises in the fact that the spirit is not of a physical entity, therefore, is not constrained by the physical world. This would suggest that it would not be possible for spirits to be trapped; however, it would be possible for spirits to have some influence over objects by there "energy", whatever there energy is. Using physics we can better understand the limit of a physical world; however, once again we must remember that the "spirit" is not bound by the physical realm, but they can influence certain technologies. Theoretically speaking. If spirits can somehow give off electromagnetic energy it would have to be such a constant strain on an object for that work and produce a desired effect. Again it is not impossible for a spirit to do such things, but it is highly unlikely that a spirit can be trapped in an object due to it not being of this physical realm.

Cool story though. Starred and Flagged!

[edit on May 18th 2010 by TheMythLives]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hmm I was just reading a case study on this, I've got the PDF is there any way I can upload this? its an interesting read.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Ok found link, this is slighty different but in some ways has to do with the topic;

www.richardwiseman.com...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

The Titanic Museum exhibit is said to be haunted. The objects are reported to contain residual attachments to their owners. On the show "Ghost Hunters" that took place at the museum one EVP session recorded a voice which said "Don't go". In this same episode, Jason was forceably pushed down while trying to stand after the EVP session.

So my conclusion based on the above, and other accounts, is that objects can have residual attachments to their deceased owners.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Jrags]

top topics

join