It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burka Rage -- Female Lawyer Rips Veil off Muslim woman

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

What I DO know is how many millions of dollars have been paid to 'academics' (blackmailed or bribed, who knows ?) to INVENT 'muslim accomplishments' in dozens of books

Shame that greatest of all forums isn't still around, because its members truly WERE into denying ignorance with a vengeance and they were able to rattle off book after book, claim after disproved claim, re: 'islams contributions'

However, this is now

so NOW we need simply to LOOK at islam to know what it's all about

right ?

We LOOK at what muslims contribute

and we SEE what muslims do and do NOT contribute

We SEE what they're made of

And it's NOT a good look, is it ?

Doesn't impress --- does it ?

That's all

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

I hear ya...

Muslim men dont really have any mojo. Dating and man/womansocializing is forbidden so they have no game or experience. Therefore they have to forcefully hide their women to avoid another man possibly getting aroused or thinking she might be pretty.
Pathetic on one hand and oppressively offensive on the other.

Still though, physical violence against the woman who feels if she doesnt wear this burka, she loses her cattle and rich husband (he owns a watch lets say) is unacceptable in terms of equal justice and law.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

First of all, nobody is "forcing" these women to wear their burqas, at least in these western countries. Most Muslim women do it out of respect for their religion, the same as Mormon people wearing that crazy underwear or Jews wearing that funny little skull cap, the kippah.

Furthermore, Muslims bring their culture with them, just as the Chinese did when they came in waves. Just as the Irish did when they came in waves and also just like the Germans, Italians, Russians, etc... Nobody is forcing Muslim culture on you and you don't have to partake in it. The only people who are offended by Islamic presence, are the ignorant, FOX News watching sheeple that believe their is a bomb vest underneath the shirts of all bearded Asians.

If a Muslim comes to this country legally, then they have the right to bring any culture they want, with them. They are not forcing you to accept their culture and you can dislike it all you want, however you can't impede on their liberties such as forcing them to give up their religion or culture. It is not up to you, what people can or can't do, what they can or can't believe in or anything else that you want to be bigoted about. The Muslims aren't asking that you be made to wear a burqa, they aren't asking for Arabic or Farsi to be taught in schools and they are not asking for you to adopt or even accept any of their cultures or beliefs. They simply want to be left alone so that they may live how they want, which doesn't affect anyone else. In fact, even in many/most Islamic countries, they don't force non-Muslims to abide by their strict religious rules, at least most of the rules.

Hitler tried the same thing back in the 1930s and well, it didn't work out too well. So, you don't like Muslims, they shouldn't be allowed into the west and the ones already here should be deported? I think you should be deported. All you do is waste good old sweet American oxygen, while embarrassing the rest of us with your clear ignorance. You or your beliefs are not the ideal American beliefs or way of life. I think you are a little too late and a continent over to where you should have been, 1930s Germany.

Also, as far as their women, it is not that their women are not respected, it just appears that way to you because you are ignorant of their culture. Women are highly respected by most and yes you can point out an instance where a women gets beat up or killed but I can guarantee that this happens far more often in America alone by so-called Christians.

Just because someone is different than you, doesn't mean that they don't belong here. In case you haven't noticed, America is not bonded by one single or a few ethnicities. The thing that makes the Islamic culture so much more easy to accept than any other wave of immigration, is the fact that they aren't even asking for to adopt their culture or even like it. They just simply want to be left alone, period. They could care less whether you want to adopt their culture or not, they just want to be able to practice the religion of their choice, in the way that they want to do it. That is the very foundation of this country. It is attitudes against this foundation that has been widdling away the freedom and liberty in this country.

One last thing, can you define or label the American culture? Is it not a swath of cultures from many different corners of the Earth?

I don't want to be made out as pro-immigration, especially on this whole mexican illegal alien thing because I'm not. The differences between the Mexican illegals and the Muslims, is that the Mexicans are not only illegal, but they are also trying to force their culture down our throats. Muslims on the other hand, are generally legal and could care less whether we adopt their culture or not. They just want to be able to do it themselves.

--airspoon

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Why do some people get so hot and bothered at what others choose to do, if that choice does not affect them in any way what-so-ever? Who cares if this women or any other women wants to wear a burqa? How does it affect you or anyone else? Shouldn't people be worrying about themselves instead of others, especially when they have their own obvious shortcomings? Jeez people, worry about yourselves and not what choice of clothing your neighbor chooses to wear!

Burka? Who cares about a burka, its just a peice of cloth, right?

One needs to ask why would a woman would wear one, and the answer is because she has been directed her whole life to be servitude to it and males around her. These males use it as their show and tell that THEIR women abide by THEIR rules. These women do not know any better since they been forced to think it is the right thing to do their whole lives.

When one looks at educated Middle East women, even in Iran, you see that they refrain from it when able. With the burka you might as well have chains on their legs too, and though I disagree with the actions of the lawyer I can see where her rage comes from.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

Reading the various articles on the subject, it appears to me every bit as likely that the Muslim woman took it physical first, as the lawyer was charging her with common assault. The fact that the headline sensationalizes the ripping off of the burqa does not mean it was the event that precipitated the assault.

Clearly the lawyer was exercising her free speech in a way intended to provoke the woman, but I dont see any reporter of this story willing to say outright that the lawyer struck first, despite the headline.

www.express.co.uk...

At one point the lawyer, who was with her daughter, is said to have ­likened the Muslim woman to ­Belphegor, a demon character well known on French TV that haunts the Louvre in Paris and often covers up his hideous features with a mask. A shouting match erupted before all three women came to blows.

The police officer said: “The shop manager and the husband of the ­Muslim woman moved to break up the fighting. All three were arrested.” The Muslim woman accused the lawyer of racial and religious assault and was in turn accused of common assault.

And I dont know if I do agree that it is never ok to go to a fist fight in a civil society. But thats a whole other argument.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Nice except that she wasn't born into and stuff. She was a convert, she chose that way.

[edit on 18/5/2010 by PsykoOps]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

First of all, nobody is "forcing" these women to wear their burqas, at least in these western countries.

You ever hear of Religious police? You ever heard of a woman not wearing one and is raped it is her fault and is punished? You ever heard of honor killings?

I guess not……………

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

First of all, nobody is "forcing" these women to wear their burqas, at least in these western countries.

You are just wrong. SOME of these women are wearing it completely freely. SOME of these women are wearing it because their husbands brothers and fathers make them.

www.boston.com...

In the Atlanta suburb of Jonesboro last month, a Pakistani immigrant allegedly strangled his 25-year-old daughter with a bungee cord because she was determined to end her arranged marriage and had gotten involved with a new man. According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Sandeela Kanwal's father, Chaudhry Rashid, "told police he is Muslim and that extramarital affairs and divorce are against his religion [and] that's why he killed her." In court last week, a detective quoted Rashid: "God will protect me. God is watching me. I strangled my daughter."

In Upstate New York a few weeks earlier, Waheed Allah Mohammad, an immigrant from Afghanistan, was charged with attempted murder after repeatedly stabbing his 19-year-old sister. The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reported that Mohammad was "infuriated because his younger sister was going to clubs, wearing immodest clothing, and planning to leave her family for a new life in New York City" - she was a "bad Muslim girl," he told sheriff's investigators.

On New Year's Day in Irving, Texas, the bullet-riddled bodies of the Said sisters - Sarah, 17, and Amina, 18 - were found in an abandoned taxi. Police issued an arrest warrant for their father, an Egyptian immigrant named Yaser Abdel Said, who had reportedly threatened to kill them upon learning that they had boyfriends. According to the Dallas Morning News, Yaser Said was given to "gun-waving rants about how Western culture was corrupting the chastity of his daughters."

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Nice except that she wasn't born into and stuff. She was a convert, she chose that way.

[edit on 18/5/2010 by PsykoOps]

Yes you can have that, but I'm talking about the other 99% that do not have a choice...as I said I do not agree with the lawyer’s actions, but it is what it is..

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salamandy
reply to post by Dock9

I hear ya...

Muslim men dont really have any mojo. Dating and man/womansocializing is forbidden so they have no game or experience. Therefore they have to forcefully hide their women to avoid another man possibly getting aroused or thinking she might be pretty.
Pathetic on one hand and oppressively offensive on the other.

Still though, physical violence against the woman who feels if she doesnt wear this burka, she loses her cattle and rich husband (he owns a watch lets say) is unacceptable in terms of equal justice and law.

I honestly am unable to discern how much actual experience of muslim immigrants you've had

however, here we are inundated with the lowest form of muslim life, including muslim pack-rapists who ADMIT their foul crimes against their hosts' daughters is RACIALLY MOTIVATED

We have a zionist-owned government which has drafted legislation *specifically* to protect muslim criminals against exposure by the media or police

We have senior police officers stating that such legislation was created in order the HOST population would NOT become aware of the vast numbers of muslim criminals, gangs and organised crime

and THAT was in order the puppet-sleeze operating as our 'politicians' (recognised and awarded by israel) could drag in MORE muslim migrants under various croooked schemes such as 'asylum seekers' (seeking asylum from the WESTERN governments who invent wars with Islam and send our sons to KILL muslims and BE killed by them) -- or 'student visas' and other 'study' entry scams, etc.

The plan (of the zionists and our WEstern puppet-politicians) is to SO FLOOD the West with muslims that there will be no return

The plan is to destroy WEstern culture, Western religions

The TOOL used to drive the plan is muslims

But muslims don't care

They're not the most sensitive group of creatures. Obviously

But there are muslims and muslims

In the UK, they had millions of Pakistani and other Sub-Continental muslims dumped on their culture

In Australia, Middle-eastern muslims were dumped by the million

Who knows what Canada and the US were subjected to ? Maybe they sent you what are claimed to be 'cultured' muslims ? Possibly from Iraq ? Ironic, really --- seeing the US has murdered a few million Iraqis (according to plan and despite that jews/israel committed the carnage known as 9/11)

What type of muslim was dumped on the Scandinavian countries --- North Africans ? Same for France ? Same North African muslims who thought Northern European countries were paved with gold and loose women ? Same North African muslims who are so consumed with jealousy, envy and rage that they burn entire streets' full of their French hosts' vehicles and pack-rape French-Scandinavian - American-Australian-British women and girls ?

I don't CARE what experience muslims claim their men do or don't have. And I don't care about their spineless women who not only submit to being treated like dogs but who also force their own daughters to suffer the same

I just want muslims and their primitive ways OUT of our Western cities and lands. I do not believe they offer ANYTHING we need. And they cause more problems than we had before they arrived. And I certainly didn't invite them. And don't know anyone who did

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

And what forum would that be?

You are saying no Muslim has ever done anything good?

So millions were paid to fake this man's accomplishmentd?
www.muslimphilosophy.com...

I would like proof please. You know, for the sake of denying ignorance.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Do your own homework

Don't attempt to sucker me into naming another forum when you and I and everyone else has been instructed NOT to name other forums, apparently, because ATS doesn't like the competition or who knows ..... ?

So go do your own homework

I'm not here to conduct your research for you

Be prepared to find stuff you will NOT like

and a smile back at you

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

You mention these few things that western media blows way out of proportion and I can guarantee you that Christian or western men rape their women, beat them and kill them for their own self interests far more often than in the Islamic world. It's real easy to pick out a few instances of abuse against women and then blame an entire religion for those few acts.

Is it not the Catholic Christian church that likes to molest little boys? So, now are all Catholics child molesters or pedophiles? I bet that far more children get molested by Catholics in America alone, then the entire Muslim world honor kills their women or otherwise seriously assaults them. Then you add that on top of all the violence against women here in the west and we are far worse to our women than they are. In fact, we are far worse to both our women and children.

Most Muslims don't believe in "honor killing". Furthermore, women wear the burqa, just as Mormon men and women wear their funny little outfits and the same goes for Jews, like myself. All religions have their caveats and differences and it just turns out that many people are looking at Islam as they would Christianity and then they are putting biases into it, such as the whole "honor killing" thing. Again, far more women are assaulted and killed here in the States, then the whole Muslim world combined.

--airspoon

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

The burqa is a symbol of slavery. It's not 'fashion'. It's oppression.

Meanwhile, in an alternate dimension, an oppressed American woman tourist visiting africa had her blouse torn from her body by topless tribeswomen. This symbol of her slavery was then burned, as it should be. The women who stripped her naked later commented, "American women are so ignorant they don't understand how barbaric the custom of hiding a woman's breasts is. They are a natural part of our body, and are for the care and feeding of children. To cover them is to deny our maternal nature, and an abomination."

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

By the way, there's no need for you to scour interwebs for half an hour to find something positive about islam to drag to the table

Just look around you

Easy peasy

That's what everyone else does

You just take off the blinkers and look with courage at muslims' involvement in the lives of their Western HOSTS

Then you take a look at traditionally muslim nations

Then you look at the West and the ways in which muslims are impacting

Then you look back at places like Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, etc

Then you look at the West again and see it struggling under the burden of the ALIEN and PROBLEMATIC Muslim migrants

Then you look back at muslim nations and at the photos of women being buried up to their necks and stoned to death

Then you look back at the West and at the Muslim in the US who stabbed his wife several dozen times before EATING her before his child .... or the muslim women who're murdered in the West

Back and forth. Back and forth

What you find is that muslims do NOT assimilate after making it to the West

They do NOT adapt to the HOST culture

They have NO MANNERS

They treat their RELUCTANT, FORCED-HOSTS and the HOST NATIONS like TOILETS

But in their OWN nations, they are not given anything LIKE the same leeway as is provided them by their HOSTS

Well, the hosts have had enough. Enough

Bad enough we have to tolerate these people and their inflexible ways and degradation of the host culture, but we are no longer prepared for muslim immigrant-invaders to STRUT their presence via the burqua

Because that's what it is. The burqua is being used by those who are using muslims as a tool --- like a flag

The buqua is being used to rub the HOSTS' noses in this unwanted presence

and the hosts KNOW it

We know exactly what that burqua is being used for

and we're saying, 'Drop the burqua or leave'

So we'll see which matters most to the muslim invaders --- their recently-invented 'fundamentalist' religion and the burqua which represents that -- or residency in their host nation

Their choice. Muslims are free to choose. Stay and adapt to the host culture or leave and return to their own.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Dock9]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Again, far more women are assaulted and killed here in the States, then the whole Muslim world combined.

--airspoon

Care to provide data to support that? And how do you intend to adjust for the fact that Muslim women in many countries are punished more harshly than their rapists and so never report?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

I see your rage, but you buddy need to study social psychology a bit. It might give you a clue how much of this happens and why.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

The ignorant misinformation is appalling,

Originally posted by Wayne60
I can't help but wonder what the people who work in banks think when they see someone walk in with their heads completely wrapped up?

Fact is regular banks charge interest and interest is 'un-Islamic
to begin with.
Any Muslim I know does not deal with regular banks
since it is contrary to the religion.

Originally posted by Xtrozero
You ever hear of Religious police?
I guess not……………

The only Religious police that there is in France are
the Bigot Brigade.

Originally posted by Xtrozero
One needs to ask why would a woman would wear one, and the answer is because she has been directed her whole life to be servitude to it and males around her.
With the burka you might as well have chains on their legs too, and though I disagree with the actions of the lawyer I can see where her rage comes from.

That is pure bunk/horse manure. Such misinformation does not do
any justice.
Is the scull cap , habit , a widows-veil, mormon underwear,
considered repressive to you?
ONLY the one wearing such has the authority to comment, not you,
since you have never wore any.
Personnel I know of Canadian women here, generations back,
who wear veils, it is their choice as the law here states.
France is or was no different.
Isn't that what freedom and democracy is about ?
So cut the bull, and rhetoric.
Don't try grasping at straws either by going on a religious rant
about christianity etc.
As far as that goes, and as far as I care, zion was with
genesis, and when the universe was 'created', and
the hell with NWO.

end of story

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

You mention these few things that western media blows way out of proportion and I can guarantee you that Christian or western men rape their women, beat them and kill them for their own self interests far more often than in the Islamic world. It's real easy to pick out a few instances of abuse against women and then blame an entire religion for those few acts.

True, and I agree... to a point. Have you spent much time in the Middle East? It is not a "few" things over there, it is whole cultures. You cannot talk to a man's wife without his permission, Taliban and so many other sects do not let their women go to school, religious police can whip people at will if they see the fit to do so, and many so many other restrictions, but the worst is a man can do what he cares to do with his women all within the law.

So one can say an American has killed his wife, but can you say they have done it with the blessings of church and state Too? So many want to mix the acts of individuals in the western world and try and compare it to socialized norms we have in the Middle East, and call it even, but it is not.

Is it not the Catholic Christian church that likes to molest little boys? So, now are all Catholics child molesters or pedophiles? I bet that far more children get molested by Catholics in America alone, then the entire Muslim world honor kills their women or otherwise seriously assaults them. Then you add that on top of all the violence against women here in the west and we are far worse to our women than they are. In fact, we are far worse to both our women and children.

I need to disagree. Once again you are trying to compare individual acts that we see as wrong and against the law and try to say they are worst than a whole culture. Well first do you even have facts to compare to make that kind of statement, and once again compare social norms to social norms… ok?

As example: Look up the Afghan definition of “willing boy” on Thursdays….. This is a social norm and not some individuals doing their own thing that society sees as wrong.

Most Muslims don't believe in "honor killing". Furthermore, women wear the burqa, just as Mormon men and women wear their funny little outfits and the same goes for Jews, like myself. All religions have their caveats and differences and it just turns out that many people are looking at Islam as they would Christianity and then they are putting biases into it, such as the whole "honor killing" thing. Again, far more women are assaulted and killed here in the States, then the whole Muslim world combined.

Did the term "honor killing" come from western society? Nope, men in the west do at times kill their wives, but it is not typical that their neighbors pat them on the back and say “ good job Bob, she was a real bitch”

So assaults are what are reported right? I agree since it is not really an assault in many areas over there, it’s just motivation.

Let’s get down to the nuts and bolts shall we? Are you saying that women in the Middle East are as free or freer to do anything they want than women in western cultures are?

I’m also not blaming it all on their religion since culture plays a huge role in it all too.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

end of story

I got a year and a half of my life over in the dirt that I say otherwise. When they bring the Burka to France they bring everything else, or is it now just a fashion statement?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join