It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burka Rage -- Female Lawyer Rips Veil off Muslim woman

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Muslims can have as much freedom of religion and expression as they're able to achieve for themselves ---- over there. In their own lands. Somewhere else. Not in my country, thanks

I'm not interested in seeing their mosques plonked in amongst the traditional architecture of my nation or in Western nations generally

Fine in their lands. Not in the West

They want to be allowed into the West, then muslims should sign a contract first, agreeing to conform with the culture of their hosts or prepared to accept deportation

In any event, there should be an immediate ban on any further migration of muslims into Western nations, effective immediately and to remain for at least 100 years

In fact, it's my opinion that Western nations should begin deporting tens of thousands of muslims, whether or not they've been naturalised in the host nations

Yet the majority of Americans sit quietly in the face of the muslim symbolism of the 'peace park' on the site of 9/11 victims (the Flight 93 memorial) and apparently don't even have the backbone to prevent the erection of mosques adjacent to the 9/11 site in NY in the jew-run US ---- because they're 'scared of being branded 'racist'

So they're more 'afraid of sounding racist' than they are of being disparaged by muslims as 'infidels' and by jews as 'goyim' ?

More afraid of the opinion of jews and muslims (same gang, two different names) than they are of seeing their own culture destroyed to the waterline -- and the ramifications as regards the futures of their children, grandchildren, etc. ?

Scared of 'opinions' ?

Desperate for the approval of those muslims and jews who spit in their face and laugh ?

Okaaaaay. Then take that fear and need for approval to the bank, huh ? See if it will buy your food, your home, your future, your lives

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

The reason I "cant win this one" is because you are too stubborn to admit you are wrong.

You were all set to accuse the Lawyer of assault, and many did, when the lawyer was exercising her right to free speech. The Muslim woman, exercising her endangered right to wear a burqa, took issue with the right to free speech and instigated the physical assault.

You excuse her behavior by saying she was provoked into emotional response. Yet you DONT excuse the lawyer for being provoked into an emotional out pouring by the sight of a woman in a burqa.

It seems to me that people are programmed to think that native peoples should have no right to insist on preserving their own culture. But at the same time, they think the incoming people have an absolute right to preserve their own culture.

Interesting that.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IllusionsaregranderYet you DONT excuse the lawyer for being provoked into an emotional out pouring by the sight of a woman in a burqa.

Um... I don't get an emotional outpouring when I see anyone wearing anything. I do get an emotional outpouring when I hear someone saying nasty things about me in front of me. You can't see the difference? Your problem.

It seems to me that people are programmed to think that native peoples should have no right to insist on preserving their own culture. But at the same time, they think the incoming people have an absolute right to preserve their own culture.

Never said that I was against anyone working to preserve their own culture, then again, I didn't see anywhere in the article about this Muslim woman forcing the lawyer to wear that burka.

A culture that keeps itself absolutely the same is a stagnant culture. Screw yours up if you wish, but I like to keep mine evolving.

Interesting that.

Quite.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Um... I don't get an emotional outpouring when I see anyone wearing anything. I do get an emotional outpouring when I hear someone saying nasty things about me in front of me. You can't see the difference? Your problem.

Good for you, Niteboy. And I suppose its a fine thing all people are you. Because if you wear a white hood and robe in certain neighborhoods, you might find you elicit an emotional response. Or if you wear the wrong uniform in the wrong place you might elicit violence. Or sports apparel, etc.

People do often have emotional responses to various costumes.

What YOU are saying is, "I dont, therefore no one should." Nice. Especially in light of your "free for all" attitude.

Originally posted by niteboy82
A culture that keeps itself absolutely the same is a stagnant culture. Screw yours up if you wish, but I like to keep mine evolving.

Who says they are trying to be absolutely stagnant? Change is not all positive. Germany's adoption of Nazi ideals was a "change" but most would say not positive. There is nothing at all wrong with a people looking at a proposed change and rejecting it as not being the direction they want to move in.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Judging from comments from around the world, re: the news of the lawyer tearing away the burqua ---- people approve

I think it will start a trend. People will begin pulling off those loathesome rags from muslim faces as a way of forcing them to conform with their HOST culture and as a means of forcibly dragging muslims into the 21st century

Bravo France !

Bravo French lawyer !

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

You were all set to accuse the Lawyer of assault, and many did, when the lawyer was exercising her right to free speech. The Muslim woman, exercising her endangered right to wear a burqa, took issue with the right to free speech and instigated the physical assault.

You excuse her behavior by saying she was provoked into emotional response. Yet you DONT excuse the lawyer for being provoked into an emotional out pouring by the sight of a woman in a burqa.

Interesting that.

MASTERFUL POST !

Brilliant logic !

Intelligent !

Concise !

Reasoned !

Wonderfully articulated !

Worthy of a hundred stars !

ATS should be rewarding you for lifting the standard !

For Denying Ignorance !

For ECLIPSING ignorance !

and *so* gracefully

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Are you kidding me? If you are not joking, you are what's wrong with this world. I hope to god that you aren't American and if you are, don't tell anyone. You sound just like Hitler and his supporters when they were rounding up all the Jews (regardless of whether you believe the 6 million figure or not). Muslims aren't the problem in the west, it is the ignorance such as what you are displaying that is the problem. Muslims belong in this country just as much as any other legal person. Because they have a different faith than you, you don't want them in this country or side of the globe? How does someone being Muslim affect you in anyway other than making you want to force your own ideals down other peoples' throats?

--airspoon

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
The burqa is a symbol of slavery. It's not 'fashion'. It's oppression.

And yes, if a saw a woman walking down the street in chains, I'd yank them off too, even if that's what she thought she wanted to wear.

Burqa isn't a symbol of slavery. If someone chooses to wear chains and you rip them off you will deserve the ass kicking you're going to get. Mind your own business.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

The reason I "cant win this one" is because you are too stubborn to admit you are wrong.

I think you are the wrong one, my friend. While you have a choice to be on somebody's private property, you don't really have a choice as to what country you live. Countries are not privately held entities. While you can make your own rules for your own property, it is not solely your choice to make rules for your country. We could even go one further and say that there should be and usually are rules that people can not put in place in a country or on their private property if they violate certain self-evident rights. You seemed to have trouble understanding the principals of liberty and freedom and the difference between public and private.

--airspoon

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

So to release her from oppression, you will oppress her?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

How does seeing a woman in a burqa psychologically damage you or your kids?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
LOL

If you ask the person on the street WHY they are involved in murdering millions of Iraqis .... WHY they're sending their sons, brothers, mothers, sisters, fathers, friends etc. to KILL Afghanis *IN* Afghanistan

then the average brainwashed sheep will claim it's to 'bring democracy' to the Muslim Third World, where ... and you hear it every day, sounds like this .... ' where muslim women and girls are forced to suffer at the hands of muslim men ... where muslim females are forced to cover themselves head to toe in dirty black bedsheets and are treated like fourth-rate creatures at the back of boy-love, men's rights and camels and donkeys '

So you say in response, ' Is that right ... you're there to liberate muslim females, huh ? '

and they nod furiously and tell you how muslim females have NO rights at all, and the valient West is there to 'bring democracy' and 'kill muslim terrorists' and 'free muslim women from a life of degradation '

LOL

and look at the responses in this 'deny ignorance' forum !

Listen to them pretending to be 'American' ! Ha ha !

Pretending to be 'American' and furious beyond belief because the agenda is falling to bits

What agenda ?

Oh, you know ... the agenda to flood the West with fundamentalist Islam, in order to destroy Western culture and create divisions on the street

Divisions on the street ?

Sure. Divisions. Divisions as such occur when you drag ignornat Third World peasants into the most cultured cities in the world and encourage those peasants to wander around dressed in totally inappropriate attire such as will stir anger, revulsions, unease within the HOST populations

Divisions as occur when an ALIEN culture is IMPOSED upon the RELUCTANT HOST populations

Divisions as occur when the ALIEN culture attemts to DOMINATE the HOSTS via VISIBLE methods such as peculiar modes of dress which themselves testify to a deeply ALIEN culture which forces its females to wear SHROUDS on Western city streets --- an ALIEN culture which preaches to its adherents that women rank LOWER than CAMELS

And here in this thread we see people claiming to be 'American' in order to foster and further such divisions and destruction of WESTERN culture

Sorry, but I do NOT believe the majority of responses in this thread were weritten by Americans

I'm talking REAL Americans

not 'dual passport' type americans (who actually HATE Americans and are dedicated to the destruction of America and all Western nations )

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think any modern person who doesn't rely on headgear to avoid the slightest bit of jealousy over there woman has to agree that burkas are at best silly costumes. What they stand for is absolutely pathetic.

But so is make up and cosmetics that American women love to cake on. As a man, I find it offensive and repressive that woman (and I guess men too) need to mask their true appearance with phony colorings and chemically stuff.

So before this lawyer physically assaults another human being, maybe she should ask herself if she would look good with a full blown mustache from not waxing for 2 days or heaven forbid her eyes looked sunken in like a normal human beings eyes should look. Shouldn't she be proud of her body?

Bottom line, just as we will never get anywhere judging people based on their race, the same holds true about clothing or the lack thereof. People who are for laws forbidding public nudity are the biggest offenders of committing unnatural acts against humanity. Its all steeped in materialism and envy and accounts for 99% of problems in this world IMO.

Charge the lawyer with assault and penalize her accordingly

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I have no problem at all understanding liberty or freedom.

I just also understand that tolerance has necessary, yes, NECESSARY limits.

If you tolerate oppression, you lose freedom. Its not complicated. We are allowed to learn from history. And historically, when existing groups have been tolerant of and accepting of groups who do not reciprocate tolerance, the tolerant groups end up being overrun.

It is no coincidence that fanatic, violent and oppressive MINORITIES are able to seize control of more moderate majorities. There is a dynamic working there. What do you think that is? Could it be that non-reciprocal tolerance is bad for the tolerant? Could it be that altruism is only viable if offered discriminately?

There is actually a growing body of work on why that is so. On why paradoxically in order for kindness, cooperation and altruism to flourish it is necessary for those extending those behaviors to discriminate against those who do not respond in kind.

It is no accident that the more open pagan religions (who usually didnt see any problem with one more God) were plowed into the ground by the intolerant and more rigid Abrahamic religions. (Who insist on our one God and that God only) There is a dynamic there, and if you were interested in opening your mind, its fascinating study.

But dont assume because you are chanting for freedom that what you propose is actually the sound method of preserving it. History says you are dead wrong.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The thing that really bothers the FAKE Americans

is the fact that Western nations ---- are WESTERN ! Yeehaaaaa

WE in Western nations are NOT muslim and don't want to be

Nor do we wish to see creatures dragging themselves through our streets in an assortment of sheets and tablecloths

Our nations

Our opinions matter MOST

Now, if those of you who're claiming to BE American and to SPEAK for American wish to defend 'rights'

WHY NOT MOVE YOUR FOCUS TO PALESTINE ?????

Go work on jews and israelis. Sell islam to them

(in the same way jews and israeli and dual-passport type representatives here are attempting to sell islam to Westerners ? --- Or, more realitistically --- are attempting to FORCE islam down the throat of the West )

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It is not just the Burka itself that offends. It is the oppression it represents. You give them an inch and then they start trying to oppress or judge you. Remember these woman support and promote oppression, they do not fight it.

For anyone who says "wearing something" doesn't matter, If someone was wearing a swastika or dressed up like a Nazi I bet you would find it hard not to comment. But they would not have dome anything to you yet either.

What clothing represent is important.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I think you are genuine about your hatred towards the burka as a symbol. You could use your knowledge on the subject in a bevy of ways to help your cause. But we must agree that physical assault cannot be tolerated in a civil society.

I actually despise automobiles for many different reasons. I hate them and even though I use one all the time, I would love to see people acting militant in eradicating them from our society if I felt momentum was on my side. Maybe place millions of nails on the highways everyday? But I would never do that because it could cause physical harm to someone. Is it worth it?

Im not gonna give this lawyer a free pass just because I feel her anger.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

This exact thing has happened to me. My band played a local gig at a new place and a man had a shaved head and swastika tattoo. In addition, my keyboard player is jewish. He laughed because he realizes there are idiots in this world.

I never understand poeple who need to confront numbsklls to point out the obvious. It only stokes the fires and brings you to their level. Just chalk it up to the fact that there are some really stupid people in the world, call up your friend and tell some nice pleasant stories about your children.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I support the lawyer all the way

It's something which should have happened from the first moment the zionists started dumping muslims onto the West

If everyone had torn off the burquas and hanged those judges who gave free-passes to ignorant, primiteve, misgonyistic muslim males and their perverted 'honour killings' and imposition of buquas on spineless, ignorant, primitive muslim females ---- then this would have been over a long time ago

But no. It was such a shock to Westerners to see women dressed like exhumed corpses ---- and 'coincidentally' it was the same time the jew-owned media and governments began prattling on about 'racism'

so the muslims and their bedcloths snuck in beneath the shock-horror radar

well no more

Muslims have had more than time to adapt to the HOST cultures

and now it's 'sheets-OFF' time

or GET OUT

simple. And how generous (a usual) of the civilized Westerners to even give those ungrateful muslims the option

Left to me, they would not be given the choice and instead would be airlifted back to their dirt-road origins

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Where do you come up with this stuff? Obviously you are unaware of the great leaps forward in math and science we got from Muslims.

And obviously you have never seen a picture or video from Saudi Arabia or UAE.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join