It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burka Rage -- Female Lawyer Rips Veil off Muslim woman

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I do not want to tell people what to wear, WE just do not like to become a islamic republic ok ?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

we here in Europe are not calm any longer, this does become a pain in the ass !
are you USA ? ok, get excited by money and dollars then, by so called freedom ( the freedom dollars give you, the rest can f.. up ) but we here still are worried about western values ! can you understand western values ? please respond, thanks a lot and have another beer - oh, sorry you may not drink alcool I understand .... ok - your freedom .. I accept that, and I take a bit of porc salami also, may I ?? thanks !

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

funny your avatar is " invisible " you are also invisible .... you wear a burka ??

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I face you
you face me
hello you,
nice ... facebook, yeah, modern times ...
but, hey, what is that ?
why do you not come out of your tent ?
oh, it's not a tent ?
it's a burqa ???????????
jesus, but who are you then ?
how do I know you are my friend if I do not see your face ?
are you X, Y or Z ?
please let me know
you're welcome
but let you know !!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

Ur too much, You attack and become so disrespecful when someone disagrees with you. If you react this way with those who oppose You here I can imagine your just as bad if not worse to those who u come across that wear Burqas. Do you treat them with the same disdain and disrespect that u do here?
I'm not a Muslim extremist, I'm a pro-dress however u want bcuz it doesnt affect me a bit kinda person. I'm a grown woman who embraces diversity in all forms. Why? Because there is not 1 person on the face of this Earth that I cant learn from. I'm not little and I'm definately not poor. The fact that Im accepting of others regardless of my personal opinions makes me a bigger, better person everytime I do so, not because of me, but because of them. I feel the ppl I meet, the lessons I've learned and the friends I've acquired have made me a far richer person than most. As we have this convo I'm learning from you, its now up to me how I use it. Ppl who force their beliefs on others hinder that person from being who they are and in the end I wouldnt want to have to answer for that.
How do u smile and say 'hello' to someone whos wearing garb that covers everything but their eyes?? You just do it, You do it like You do with everyone else. You smile and say hello to ppl to let them know they matter, that You see them, acknowledge them. You smile and say hello because its the right thing to do. Smiling is done not for You but for them. You do it even if You get none in return. It's like giving a gift, giving a little part of yourself without expecting anything in return bcuz thats what it's all about.

edit to correct mistakes

[edit on 5/20/10 by Demetre]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

are you teling us what we in Europe have to do ??
are you telling us how we have to manage OUR society ?
do what you want in dollar-freaking USA
your freedom is just a mask, just like burqa, a paper mask, a dollar bill that hides your true face !!!
go with the beard man, your sharia is good up there !! not at ours !!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

dear sir, I respect you very much, it is not about you, it is about burqa and yes, here we differ ...
so, maybe we could drink a beer together and talk a bit longer, but for drinking you need to take off your burqa !

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

sorry, I see now you are a lady ! excuse me, madam.
welcome in our country, if you come to France please take off your burqa so I can recognize you when you step off the train or the plane .....

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

yeah, sorry madam, but I am a real man and I always speak like that, sorry if it hurts you ....
I am calm now, but it is late in the evening here in Europe.
( lol sarcasm hahaha ... )
You have to know we will not stay calm any longer.
We live in Europe, not in Somalia or Afganistan or Niger .....
So now we will have some bombings in Europe also, from the beard men ? because we do not want those burkas ?
nice to see how you respect OUR decisions !
Blow up by yourself if you like it, but do not hurt our children !! or did you not hear about their intention to come and bomb our society !! CRIMINALS !!!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
You, Dude are not speaking for the whole France. I surely hope that the quality readers we have here won't think that this guy is representative of french population.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrysalis

you speaking to me ?
I am speaking for myself and a lot more people like Sarkozy also ...
just they speak about the freedom of the woman, we also speak about the freedom of our western values.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What western values ? Religion wars ? Inquisition ? Stakes ? Nazism ?
Dunno on which side of the fence you are sitting here, but it's also french that gave the word sadism with our world wide known Marquis de Sade. Going to war over religious BS was the norm on the middle ages, and that's exactly where this kind of laws is dragging us.

We should know better than forbid stuff.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Maybe you have forgotten / haven't been taught / don't care / or weren't born, but before the "Euro" , we had that currency called "franc". And on these coins were engraved the french values, what our republic was supposed to stand for, that is :
"Liberté, égalité, fraternité"

Meaning : freedom for all, all french beeing equal and treating each other like brothers.
Do you start seeing a problem here ?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

you better read the whole topic to understand what we mean, not just some expressions, it's all about HUMAN society, not going into obscurantism !
I'm going to sleep, hey, do they sleep with their burqa on ?? good question .. no ?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

yes man, si tu me comprends bien ce que je veux dire c'est que des frères et des soeurs ne se cachent pas la face !
la liberté c'est de voir le monde, voir mes amis, voir les autres êtres !!
brothers and sisters do not hide their faces !!! only gangsters do.
understand ?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60
I do know that I have seen signs at bank entrances requiring anyone entering their facility to remove any and all head coverings.

Something that really irks me is when people wear hats or hoods in situations where there is no reason to. I like to be able to see a person's entire face profile, and not have it obscured by something. I can understand if it is outside, but when I see people indoors with a hood on their head, it makes me think they are trying to hide something.

I do admit I wear beanies sometimes. But hats with a huge brim that obscure the entire top half of the head including the eyes really bugs me, because I like eye contact. Hoods are even worse. There is something icky about people wearing hoods. Maybe because I think of KKK or crazy cults or something. I don't know.

Yeah, I agree everyone is allowed to dress how they want, but they can't expect to not be judged by others. It's a part of the human condition observe fellow humans and their appearance.

-Edited to add some more info

Please feel free to bash my post.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by SolarE-Souljah]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wow. Wow, wow, wow. I'm not telling anyone anything but don't post on a public forum if u don't want to hear what others think/have to say about u or ur beliefs. Go somewhere else with like minded ppl who'll agree with u all day long. I have to bow out of this convo, not for lack of comments but because I'm just feeding into this crap with every post I make. Besides, its pretty redundant at this point not to mention tiring.

Peace. K*

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
The burqa is a symbol of slavery. It's not 'fashion'. It's oppression.

And yes, if a saw a woman walking down the street in chains, I'd yank them off too, even if that's what she thought she wanted to wear.

The Muslim woman is a native French convert to Islam. I'm pretty sure that no-one put a gun to her head to force her to convert. You think SHE is oppressed...SHE thinks YOU are a brainless bigoted fascist.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunlionspirit
how do I know you are my friend if I do not see your face ?

Why don't you face it ,
Muslim women just don't want to chat-up with you.
Do they want to know you ?
Do they want their children to know you ?
Speaking for myself,
I choose my friends and acquaintances wisely.
As for Muslims, hanging out at bars, socializing with
the opposite sex etc. has never been a priority.
There is better things to do. (to bad to disappoint you)
Are you so insecure and dissatisfied with your own life,
that you need to force others to . . . ? ?
Get a life. What I choose to wear is none of your business
unless it breaks morality laws.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Oh i wrote an article on this once, here are some parts from it:

wearing or not wearing a burqa or hijab is a very personal choice. A choice with which the government should not have a say. Veiling oneself can prove uplifting for some, yet degrading for others. It is simply a matter of perspective. It is not for any one individual to claim an opinion and make it the absolute decision for another. Once this is understood, perhaps a more democratic decision could be reached regarding this issue.

A government shouldn’t able to create a code of clothing. Yet in France it has been banned, whereas areas under Taliban control have made it compulsory.

Perhaps the burqa defies all norms of what a “modern” and “powerful” woman should appear to be. It is hence, discouraged in the world that thinks itself to be modern and correct. Yet it must be noted that about 50% of Arab business is run by women where it is compulsory to wear a hijab.

Though on a personal level i wouldn't want to wear a burqa. I'd like to show my entire face and my many gestures while i talk to someone
... But my aunt wears a Burqa and it's perfectly okay because of their neighbourhood where the guys are major creeps and it makes em feel safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join