It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is an intensification of disasters currently underway?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm just wondering what y'all have to say. *** Typo, lol.

I tend to see the big picture, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel(at the risk of sounding like a whimsical magi) that there MIGHT be an increase in activity in the world.

I specifically note disasters(natural or unnatural) because they seem to be thrown at my face with much more gusto.

My question is; is there an increase in activity? Or does it have to do more so with the velocity and response of the information era? Kinda like with earthquakes, scientists reason that there hasn't been any increase in seismic activity. That there has only been an increase in the amount of reported incidents due to the passage of technology. (I don't really know if this is true or not either.)

So yeah, does anyone else think things are getting more hectic? Or are things basically the same as they were the year before, and the year before that, and so on?

[edit on 18-5-2010 by SentientBeyondDesign]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SentientBeyondDesign

Howdy SBD! I was wondering the same thing the other day, whether there were indeed more disasters happening or has technology just made everything more available to a wider range of people, faster. It seems there are indeed more disasters occurring.

NATURAL DISASTERS UP MORE THAN 400%
www.naturalnews.com...
(NaturalNews)" The number of natural disasters around the world has increased by more than four times in the last 20 years, according to a report released by the British charity Oxfam. Oxfam analyzed data from the Red Cross, United Nations and researchers at Louvain University in Belgium. It found that the earth is currently experiencing approximately 500 natural disasters per year, compared with 120 per year in the early 1980s. The number of weather-related disasters in 2006 was 240, compared with 60 in 1980."

PROBABLY TIME TO START WORRYING ABOUT NATURAL DISASTERS
humanrights.change.org...
"Any week in which a tsunami is only the fourth deadliest natural disaster should probably serve as a bit of a warning sign. Unfortunately, all the excitement of the past few days --" Micheal Bear, Human Rights

WHICH US VOLCANOES ARE MOST DANGEROUS
www.sott.net... SOTT.NET

I personally am in line with the pole shifting crowd(magnetic and physical) I feel this way because of what I see as well as the Documentary Event Horizon with Dr. Brooks Agnew.
( Hmmm, can't seem to find it anywhere online, that's odd)

A SIMPLE ANALOGY OF 2012 ASTRONOMY(elementary but still good illustration)
www.youtube.com...
Peace

[edit on 18-5-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

join