It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop looking for directions kills woman's dog

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rizaun
reply to post by romanmel

Oh no, what are we coming to? ><

Welcome to the New World Order Police State. Only thing of value against these types is a good offence.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
After researching this more in depth I can say that this officer violated the owners 4th Amendment Right of unreasonable seizure. A pet is a persons property and is protected against unreasonable seizure.

In City of Garland V. White " The court opined that 1) the dog was not an immediate threat to public safety under the confines of the viscous dog statute as it was sitting quietly by the door when it was shot; 2) the dog was not running loose at the time of the shooting and, even if it had been, the loose dog statute required impoundment not killing; and 3) the officers did not have permission to go onto plaintiff’s property and were therefore guilty of a trespass.  Based on these determinations, the court upheld the lower court’s jury determination that the officers involved were personally liable for their trespass and wrongful actions in the death of plaintiff’s dog."

www.animallaw.info...

This decision is from Texas courts and is applicable to this Texas case as certain laws vary from state to state. This dog was on the owners property and not a threat to the public, should of been impounded if anything and the officer admittedly did not have permission to be on the property.

In the course of my research I found an article about the Detroit cops that killed a seven year old girl recently and guess what? The same guys were involved in a questionable dog killing. I guess they didn't pay attention in their retraining excercises.

www.freep.com...

I was pretty shocked at the number of cases out there of cops shooting dogs. Most cops seem to get away with it by claiming immunity if he can show that a reasonable officer with the information he possessed at the time could have believed that his conduct was lawful in light of established law.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by TheRoadLessTraveled]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
You are always gonna have people justify these type of cops no matter what they do. And these people are the reason cops will always be able to do it.

They never put the shoe on the other foot. 100% of these supporters would be raving mad if the cop pulled up to their private land in the middle of nowhere and shot their dog. But it didnt happen to them so they are cool wid it.

If a citizen with a gun permit pulled up on someones private land to ask for directions and shot the dog they would probably be charged.

Well said. I am somebody that usually tries to see the cop's perspective in these kinds of situations. I still believe the average cop is good and follows the rules and respects citizens and their property. The behaviour by this cop is inexcusable. If it were not for the video evidence, another corrupt cop would be walking the streets, terrorising others in the future.

And the truth is that few people really do care as long as it's not happening to them.

[edit on 19/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
reply to post by N.of norml

its just a Dog, seeing the Video,
it was running full throtal at the copper,
he was right in shooting it,

yes i know i will be gunned down by the animal lovers of ATS

woOt?? uve seen a dog right? at some point in your life?

my friends dog comes running up to me full throttle everytime i go round...but only because hes excited im there...most dogs do this.

most dogs jump up and lick and run at people.

he was WRONG in shooting it and your post is ridiculous.

not just the animal lovers disagree with you...im not an animal lover and i disagree with you...i think your a fool

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
I'm trying to understand, why is it that almost all the cop brutality videos I see posted here are from the US? Has it got something to do with their training? I mean who in their right mind would do this? And as other posters have said, calm and collected. Fearing for his life - BS Delux!

And I don't see how he couldn't have got back into his car, especially if he was so "afraid"

[edit on 18-5-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

ive never made that connection but if most are from the US its just a coincidence.

i live in england and theres a lot of bent coppers around...and id guess its like that in most countries

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Wow, please go and attention seek somewhere else.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Yeah, as always when a animal gets involved, people go nuts.
It was just a stupid dog and i can believe that the guy was afraid of him.
People should remember: There are all kind of fears involving animals, just think about Arachnophobia and i've seen guys weighing 300 pounds being afraid to death because of a spider.

If he was afraid or he thought the dog could attack (and possibly kill him) he had all the right to kill him. Better a dead animal than a dead human.

LOL are you being serious? Surely not.

Serial killers dont like people... I guess its ok for them to go out and butcher people and torture them to death and have "sexy parties" with decapitated human heads. After all, they don't like people so its all ok.

The cop had NO right to kill an animal. If he was scared, he could have just sat his fat lazy ass back down in the car and shut the door. Hopefully he gets killed on duty sometime soon.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by asturel13

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Yeah, as always when a animal gets involved, people go nuts.
It was just a stupid dog and i can believe that the guy was afraid of him.
People should remember: There are all kind of fears involving animals, just think about Arachnophobia and i've seen guys weighing 300 pounds being afraid to death because of a spider.

If he was afraid or he thought the dog could attack (and possibly kill him) he had all the right to kill him. Better a dead animal than a dead human.

LOL are you being serious? Surely not.

Serial killers dont like people... I guess its ok for them to go out and butcher people and torture them to death and have "sexy parties" with decapitated human heads. After all, they don't like people so its all ok.

The cop had NO right to kill an animal. If he was scared, he could have just sat his fat lazy ass back down in the car and shut the door. Hopefully he gets killed on duty sometime soon.

HaHa,

Yah, fortunately we have laws against killing everything that one might be afraid of.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Hey NT,

I wasn't saying it doesn't happen here, I have seen some pretty stupid things - like the Polish guy who got tasered in BC in the airport by the RCMP and died. What I'm saying is that the majority of videos posted here come from the US, and I don't think we could deny that.

I'm just trying to understand why this is. I honestly can not believe it's a coincidence. So is there another reason?
This is the second video I've seen in a week where US cops have shot a dog, the other been the cops who shot the guys dog whilst busting in his house for weed. That was definitely not justifiable.

So I'm seeing a pattern here, aren't you? Never heard of cops in Canada shooting peoples dogs. Maybe there have been incidents? Not that I'm aware of.

BTW - I'm South African, and DON'T even get me started on the cops there.... or should I say "What cops?"
(Bribe capital of the world - :lol

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
It has nothing to do with Animal Lovers. It is about personal rights, property, and self defense. What if that had been a kid running at him? My kids weigh more than 35lbs, they scream louder than a dog, and they are often "armed" with bb guns, bows, bats, etc. They also would run to the defense of their beloved pets, so is it ok for a cowardly cop to shoot them as well?

What if I hire a security guard? What if he sees an armed man in a sloppy uniform approaching so he demands that the intruder stops and he reaches for his own gun? Should the trespassing cop shoot him too?

yes i am really going to compare the life of a human being to a DOG?

since you bring in kids with weapons
if your Kids are going to run wild in the streets with weapons and a cop shoots them whos fault would it be? the parent for giving those weapons to their kids knowing full well what could happen if they used it in a offencive manner?

Originally posted by N.of norml
Nah man it's all good, your right it was just a dog( ~30lbs and not showing any signs of aggression) and he WAS running at the 200+lb cop. So yeah I guess in your mind all is well with the world. So if I come a knocking on your door and your pet "comes at me" it is A-OK to cap the critter in it's own home?
Man your world must suck to take such a cavalier view of a persons rights while in their home. Or to have the need of an authority figure so badly you are willing to accept this as A-OK.
N.

considering i dont have a pet nor do i intend to get one, feel free to shoot the imgainary one.
one thing the copper wasnt at the door he was approching the house from the driveway when the mut ran towards him. so this could easily have been on the streets.

i accept what he has done

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

hells yes i agree with you 100 percent!!!! I have a pitbull weighs 95 pounds it a male and he is the biggest baby in the world he has never ever bit anyone. The cops came to my house one time ( the cops here are usually the biggest assholes just for no reason) i invited to cop in he took a look at my dog and stepped outside so the door was inbetween him and me and the dog and i said look you can come inside this dog will not bite anything but flies ( he likes to catch bugs hehe) so the cop came in and sat on the couch my dog went to him and sat right beside him and he said thats a good dog and pet him and continued to talk to me about what was needed but now if he would have shot the dog i would have had to take his gun and shoot him with it. i aint havin that bull# happen. but i wouldnt only just avenge my dog i would avenge my wife by the way who is a illegal immigrant from mexico! my ex is also an illegal immigrant from mexico!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

google link

thousends of stories about Dogs mauling people to death.
Dogs arent just kuddly little things but also can be lethal weapons

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
have to agree with an earlier fellow , why on earth did he to ask for directions at a random location ,

would have believed that if he called/radio ed in and asked he´d get em in less then 20 sec or even wierder concidering that most if not all vehicles are outfitted with gps, laptops and what have you ,

in my opinion this was uncalled for and dare i say powertripping,

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
"I think he was showing off..."

She's right. If I know anything about men, it's that they like to show their skills, their power, and their dominance in front of other men. It is a primal instinct to be the biggest man with the biggest stick, and to show it off.

And interestingly, the scenario would turn out completely different if he was in front of a woman. If his girlfriend was in the car, he wouldn't have pulled the gun and shot the dog. I bet he would show his "compassionate" side and his "love for animals" in front of a female.

I've seen dogs do that many times. You can easily spot the difference between a violent dog and a friendly dog. Poor animal.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I tell ya, this is getting pretty bad people, I cant stand this $#!t. Hearing about it, seeing it, every day pretty much, another horrible act by the police. One of these days the general pop is going to turn on these gastapo pigs, and guess who's gonna be the dog....

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I was expecting to see a dog that was sitting there minding its own business judging by everyone's reactions, but after the watching the video I dont think what he did was that wrong. I know lots of dogs go running up to people just because they're friendly, but if its a dog you've never met before then how are you supposed to know whether its running up to you because it wants to be friendly, or whether it wants you to be its new chew toy?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

i am sure the reaction would have been diffrent if he did nothing and the DOG started biting him

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I didn't watch the video for fear of somehow the same thing might happen to my pets if I do...a__hole

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Bluebelle

i am sure the reaction would have been diffrent if he did nothing and the DOG started biting him

Yup. Like why the hell didnt the cop get back in the car? He had an eternity to think about it. Or, why the hell is that cop at that persons house in the first place?

I dont care if you broke down, need directions, are being chased by vampires or bringing me the Publisher's Clearing House check you have no business being on my property without a warrant period. If I didnt request your presence I dont even want you coming toward my property.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Man.... this is one of the sadest vids i've seen on ATS!!

That wasn't exactly a huge rottweiler running at him... it was some cute little face licker which was probably just going to jump up onto the leg of the copper and hope for a pat-down...

It's a sad day when you see things like this... what a dumbass cop!!!

[edit on 19-5-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join