It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop looking for directions kills woman's dog

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

The funny thing about training to do things... like shoot guns, you can't wait to do it!

I think it has everything to do with their training. Mybe someone should get some videos of that. I know coming out of bootcamp i was much different then before i went in.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by skull_bones

When you're lost...all houses are random.

Also, you do realize almost all patrol cars have laptop computers in them, that also has gps.

You do realize that laptops and GPS sometimes fail, right?
My GPS gets wonky every now and then and I have to wait for it to get the signal back.

Not granting this officer any sort of real life options are you?

- Lee

OK lets see whats more plausible

That he was there for some othe reason

or

-He was lost in a town he patrols
-He was embarrassed he was lost
-He didnt want to bother dispatch
-He had radio troubles
-His GPS didnt work
-He was close to location he was looking for but just quite couldnt find it

Im sure you can come up with some other ridiculous scenerio, but i dont think we need to.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

No excuse whatsoever for using a gun to kill a dog on the private property of the dog owner.

The cop had pulled on to the private property of thiis person.

Most Departments supply pepper spray for dog control.

The dispatcher was in the car with the cop...he would know the directions in the town, if anyone would.

This is just another example of a macho pig cop wanting to show what a man he was.

As it is, he meerly proved he's a jerk!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Is the owner responsible in any way for having an unmonitored, unleashed dog that isn't inside any enclosure and that charges people when they are near her house?

I'm just curious as to what you guys think about that.
If I did this I could get a serious fine, or worse.

I do see most of you have already made up your mind about the officer, so I'm curious as to how you feel about the owners possible negligence.

- Lee

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
nevermind

[edit on 19-5-2010 by DOADOA]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Cops use pepper spray on kids and little old ladies but pistols on dogs?

The dog was at all times on the owners property in this video. This was obviously a rural area. Dogs provide security in rural areas since cops rarely patrol there...too busy in the donut shops, ya know?

You then advosate shooting all pets not collared?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by romanmel]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Is the owner responsible in any way for having an unmonitored, unleashed dog that isn't inside any enclosure and that charges people when they are near her house?

I'm just curious as to what you guys think about that.
If I did this I could get a serious fine, or worse.

I do see most of you have already made up your mind about the officer, so I'm curious as to how you feel about the owners possible negligence.

- Lee

Just forget for a moment that he was a cop, because it makes no difference, he has no more right to be on her property than you or i do.

So somebody pulls up into your driveway on your property and proceeds to shoot your dog when it comes running up to a stranger.

There is no justification for it.

Look i know every community is different, but rarely is it a law that you have to have your dog leashed or penned up as long as it stays on your own property.

So no she bears no responsibility, and if there happens to be a law that states your dogs must be leashed on your property, then by all means give her the $50 fine, but you dont shoot her dog.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
I'm trying to understand, why is it that almost all the cop brutality videos I see posted here are from the US? Has it got something to do with their training? I mean who in their right mind would do this? And as other posters have said, calm and collected. Fearing for his life - BS Delux!

And I don't see how he couldn't have got back into his car, especially if he was so "afraid"

[edit on 18-5-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

Its in your country as well (or at least I think I read you are a Canuk right?). Anyways:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

And this one....speechless:

"RCMP goons say they were "justified" in pepper spraying several people, including a 6 month old baby after a "routine traffic stop".

They promise to investigate themselves, but offer not so much as an apology."

www.youtube.com...

And on....and on....and on :-/ Maybe these leveled the cop brutality playing field cuz if not....well unfortunately there are PLENTY MORE available :-(

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

The funny thing about training to do things... like shoot guns, you can't wait to do it!

I think it has everything to do with their training. Mybe someone should get some videos of that. I know coming out of bootcamp i was much different then before i went in.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Fangula

Actually yea. And really, the dog was running. Again shooting him was retarded and he was a jackass. But it was not brutality.

Yes, it was just an animal.

Also pain is purely relative. Everything feels pain in its own way, even plants.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

People need to hold cops like this accountable. Make the Departments pay. Get a small video dvice and carry it to document such crimes by cops.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
That dog should have known better than to mess with the guy with the badge and gun...oh wait...

Police officers are trained to deal with armed and dangerous men without shooting, but oh hell here comes the terrorist dog! SHOOT SHOOT!

When i see stuff like this, one has to be glad that they're not allowed to shoot at everyone they think it's dangerous or we would be having a lot of "Police officer shoots 3 year old, he claims self defense".

Edit: G.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Rizaun]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
It is extremely difficult to see any justification for such a cold-blooded crime. An example needs to be made of this cop that says "cops have responsibilities and can only use their guns as a last resort. Anything less will NOT be tolerated." The behaviour of this cop in this video encompasses many of the things people HATE about corruption in law enforcement.

I think the owner is handling it pretty well. If it were me and he did that to my dog...I wouldn't like to even consider my state of mind in that kind of situation. It's one of those situations where being rational and keeping your composure get completely overwhelmed by feelings of hate and hunger for retribution.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rizaun
That dog should have known better than to mess with the guy with the badge and gun...oh wait...

Police officers are trained to deal with armed an dangerous men without shooting, but oh hell here comes the terrorist dog! SHOOT SHOOT!

When i see stuff like this, one has to be glad that they're not allowed to shoot at everyone they think it's dangerous or we would be having a lot of "Police officer shoots 3 year old, he claims self defense".

They akready do...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The cop was lucky this did not happen on my farm when I was growing up. We had numerous dogs. If a stranger came in the dogs always just went right to the car. They growled and the like. Technique we taught them. They would not attack anyone unless given a command. It is a technique to keep idiots at bay, especially salesman and government types. A lot of farmers and ranchers do this. Dogs are tools. Used to protect the farm or whatever while away. You know, against thieves and the like.

This dog, more than likely was acting in defense of it's home, IMO. You would be surprised what dogs do when not trained properly. Unless it was a super playful one that jumps up on strangers like so may do.

That being said, if this would have been at my home while growing up, this cop would probably be lucky to be living.

NO COP or anyone else for that matter, has the frelling right to enter a property and then claim self defense when an animal attacks them. PERIOD.

This is PRIVATE PROPERTY RIGHTS. Stay the frell off other people's property. PERIOD.

ARGHHH!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Have you ever heard of an invisible fence? How about a wireless fence? From the looks of it, this woman lived out in the country where a "leash" law would not affect her. The dog was in it's own yard. I have had cops come to my house before and my dog was outside. He never got shot and he approaches all visitors aggressively, but not viciously. There is a difference. I have not heard any bad stories about the local cops here. They are a part of our rural community.

Your posts come across like you have a bad attitude. Do you have many friends?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
You are always gonna have people justify these type of cops no matter what they do. And these people are the reason cops will always be able to do it.

They never put the shoe on the other foot. 100% of these supporters would be raving mad if the cop pulled up to their private land in the middle of nowhere and shot their dog. But it didnt happen to them so they are cool wid it.

If a citizen with a gun permit pulled up on someones private land to ask for directions and shot the dog they would probably be charged.

This cop had a passenger and just wanted to show off.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by ker2010]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
reply to post by N.of norml

its just a Dog, seeing the Video,
it was running full throtal at the copper,
he was right in shooting it,

yes i know i will be gunned down by the animal lovers of ATS

Yeah, as always when a animal gets involved, people go nuts.
It was just a stupid dog and i can believe that the guy was afraid of him.
People should remember: There are all kind of fears involving animals, just think about Arachnophobia and i've seen guys weighing 300 pounds being afraid to death because of a spider.

If he was afraid or he thought the dog could attack (and possibly kill him) he had all the right to kill him. Better a dead animal than a dead human.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Oh no, what are we coming to? >

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Has nothing to do with it being a dog. If the person had a tractor on the property and the cop just started shooting at if for target practice damaging it does he have that right? Nope!!!

Cop coulda got back in the car to see if dog was aggressive. Also the owner said dog was never aggressive id take her word over it.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by ker2010]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join