It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop looking for directions kills woman's dog

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The video time stamp is 08/25/2008, so this did happen awhile ago. BS nontheless. I wonder if any information can be found about how the officer was disciplined.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRoadLessTraveled

The video time stamp is 08/25/2008, so this did happen awhile ago. BS nontheless. I wonder if any information can be found about how the officer was disciplined.

I am sure he was not.
Thin blue line you know.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRoadLessTraveled

Oh probably promoted to desk duty for a few weeks with pay (cruisy job there) and then let back out with pats on the back for doing a good job. "Hey man, it's just a dog, and who cares, we're police... We can do ANYTHING.."

God damned turns my gut... and leaves me numb at the thought of it having been my pet. I would indeed take the life of a stranger trespassing on my property if they were putting anything I love in harms way. No second thoughts. Child or Pet.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
To anyone saying it's just a dog, it's a living being and the cop wasn't right to do what he did. So I see nothing wrong with loving a faithful, little furry companion who never meant any harm. This could go into another debate about the moral of animals, but I won't go there. But it's still sickening and so sad to see these cops abuse their power time and time again. Now, I know all of them aren't bad, but like a stereotype, when the majority of that group does those things, it's like they represent the group as a whole and we begin to think they all are like that. If one has power, they will abuse it, just like our government, and it's no surprise that it's basically the same thing in a nutshell. Maybe they think they can do whatever they want, or that they're a sob story of being bullied in school, or perhaps just cold murderers. But again, it's not right, and I'm angry at this. Especially when I have to witness it before my eyes on camera.
So if you don't care about the value of another's life, just because it isn't human, well you still don't see the fact that they're abusing their power and have done the same to little children...
Oh, and of COURSE they will be protected by it. Because apparently everything a cop does is right and just. Only in America, right? Not necessarily, but it's still the epicenter of all things corrupted, and my limits have been pushed to the point of not wanting to live here anymore. That won't exactly stop everything of course, but I think you get what I mean.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Antigen Shift]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Man I fully agree with you.

People say that he acted calmly but how else do you react when dealing with a firearm?

When a dog charges at you like that you don't know what its going to do. You have no idea how an owner trained the dog. That dog could have attacked the officer and the situation could have been much worse.

I would have done the same thing in the officer's position.

The lesson to this is to train your dogs properly! Other people are not responsible for your pets!!!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
dang my dogs always run up to people like that, but its just because they think they're gonna be pet or given a treat, its never to attack someone (and there German Sheppard's) i cant believe this wimp of a cop did this.

shouldn't cops be brave? whats this guy going to do if he's ever called to the seen of a bar brawl, just go in with his shot gun and shoot up the place cause the pansy felt "fear"...

what a weenie.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
dude, the dog was running like he was going to attack the officer. what did you expect him to do?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
dude, the dog was running like he was going to attack the officer. what did you expect him to do?

well since the dog weighs all of thirty pounds, how about kick it? or taze it, or pepper it, or hit it his batton, how about anything but shoot it

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

I wouldn't call this police brutality. I would call this being a jackass. I don't exactly call shooting a dog brutality. It's is just being dumb.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by N.of norml

I wouldn't call this police brutality. I would call this being a jackass. I don't exactly call shooting a dog brutality. It's is just being dumb.

Right, because animals aren't living beings, and therefore it's only a jackass thing to kill one for pretty much no reason and not complete outright brutality. Because we all know that animals don't love, or feel pain. You are mentally disabled.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Fangula]

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Fangula]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kj6754
reply to post by illusive man

Man I fully agree with you.

People say that he acted calmly but how else do you react when dealing with a firearm?

When a dog charges at you like that you don't know what its going to do. You have no idea how an owner trained the dog. That dog could have attacked the officer and the situation could have been much worse.

I would have done the same thing in the officer's position.

The lesson to this is to train your dogs properly! Other people are not responsible for your pets!!!

You are sick man.. that cop could have went into the car wayyy before the dog was shot... i mean yes it happend out of fear.. but are they not trained against fear? esp. this animal.. a dog.. and a medium sized usally non lethal animal... and not to mention the dog was on its property.. you are wrong to say that you would have shot this dog out of fear. the officer was not cornered in anyway. the officer had an escape and was not in danger in anyway.. period.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Agreed, if my dog dies so do you.
I have been attacked by a few dogs and never took injuries except for minor scrapes. I once cradled a Pit outside of my workplace for about 15 minutes till the dog settled and cowered off. I just had to show him I was stronger and the Alpha then he skittered home.
It is a shame the big brave policeman was afeered of a puppie, and even worse he tried to escape punishment via less than honorable intentions.
Shame on him.

(Edit)
Now what if the officer was going to the house on a report of a loose dog "Terrorizing" children? There are leash laws everywhere.
The owner will have to accept some responsibility for this.
It is just too bad the doggie had to die, they are some of the only good things left in the world.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by g146541]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
If you have ever watched cops and have seen when they send police dogs after someone and the dog really messes someone up they say "oh it'll only hurt for a little while" meanwhile this guys just murders this poor woman's pet when he could have only had a little pain IF the dog was trying to attack, which I don't know if it was or not but it looked like a playfull dog.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
i dont reply to items like this,but one day i hope a f idiot can come upon my propety and get his shizzled shot off azz he is a dumbazz. why does this article always have to the innocent when there are so many willing like myself

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Just because you have a gun doesnt mean you can use that gun whenever you want.

Even if that dog was going to attack him, which it wasnt, unless his life was in imminent danger his gun should have never left his holster.

He could have easily removed himself from the situation and if he really thought that dog was a menace, he should have called animal control.

This is just a symptom of a much larger problem with our law enforcement in the U.S., it truly is out of control.

There are way too many people employed as cops that have no business being in law enforcement.

Heres a few examples:

The Chicago Police Department is seriously considering scrapping the police entrance exam to bolster minority hiring, save millions on test preparation and avert costly legal battles that have dogged the exam...
www.suntimes.com...

Police Reject Candidate for Being Too Intelligent
nyletterpress.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I'm having a hard time seeing the brutality here, but I am trying.

I wonder what State she lives in and what the laws are regarding unleashed animals. In most of the places I've lived dogs must be leashed at all times if outside, unless they are in an enclosure, such as a fence. They are in place for this very reason. Owners are irresponsible with their pets and as much as they think they know their dog, these animals can still be unpredictable.

I don't care if your dog wears a bib when he eats his food and cried during Titanic, I do not want it charging at me, my family, or my own dog.

This officer just pulls up to the house to ask for directions and it met by an unleashed animal charging straight for him. I can imagine what his reaction would be. As a dog owner I think she shares a large amount of the blame here. This should have never happened, and if it had been a child, it could have been seriously injured.

If your dog behaves this way, "retrain" it.
Watch the Dog Whisperer, I'm sure Cesar would consider that behavior inappropriate.

Some people have been attacked by loose dogs and have psychological issues with the animals. Some people have been absolutely frightened of my Border Collie, as harmless as he is, and who am I to infringe on their peace of mind? It is very inconsiderate for an owner to leave an unleashed animal outside that is unmonitored and not inside a fence.

I wish he had tazed it, but even still I don't think he was entirely unjustified in his actions.

Originally posted by illusions
Why would a police officer stop at a random house to ask for directions???
That does not make sense.

What does?
That he came to fulfill a contract killing on the dog?
He wanted to show-off by pulling up and shooting a dog?

When you're lost...all houses are random.

- Lee

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by skull_bones
Even if that dog was going to attack him, which it wasnt, unless his life was in imminent danger his gun should have never left his holster.

How do you know the dog wasn't going to attack him, or that his life wouldn't be in danger if it did?

Dogs do kill people, as well as seriously maim them.

Didn't the woman who recently had a face transplant in France, have her face bitten off by her own pet dog?

- Lee

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Police officers do not get lost in the towns they patrol.

I cant tell you why he was there but im pretty sure it wasnt for directions.

If he needed directions that is what the dispatcher is for.

I hope this guy isnt ever called out on a real emergency, he may never get there if he has to stop and ask for directions a few times.

Thats just ridiculous to think he's needing directions, but im sure thats the excuse he told the woman.

Also, you do realize almost all patrol cars have laptop computers in them, that also has gps.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by skull_bones]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Police officers do not get lost in the towns they patrol.

I cant tell you why he was there but im pretty sure it wasnt for directions.

If he needed directions that is what the dispatcher is for.

You say such things as if they are absolutes when you have no idea what the circumstances of his being lost even entailed.

Perhaps he was embarrassed about being lost or simply didn't want to bother the dispatcher with something so trivial and personal. Perhaps he had just encountered some radio troubles. Maybe the location he was looking for used to be near that home and he figured that the owner would probably know where to direct him.

You act like the guy is guilty just because he wanted to ask someone for directions.
That is absurd.

I've had officers ask me before.
They're human beings too.

I guess if they ask you though, they should expect a tongue-lashing.

- Lee

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Also, you do realize almost all patrol cars have laptop computers in them, that also has gps.

You do realize that laptops and GPS sometimes fail, right?
My GPS gets wonky every now and then and I have to wait for it to get the signal back.

Not granting this officer any sort of real life options are you?

- Lee

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join