It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop looking for directions kills woman's dog

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Even though this video may be somewhat old, it is still very relevant. Especially today, where unlike in 2008 we have a clearer picture of how corrupt some people in higher positions of power just seem to want to abuse their jobs. Unchecked aggression in those that claim to want to protect us is damaging to the collective mentality of the cities they terrorize, both spiritually and physically ( attacks, damaging property, you know what I mean! )

Now, I say that and I also say this - My husband works with juveniles in a young adult prison. There have been times where the really bad kids ( rapists, killers ) have falsified brutality claims against him and others on the staff simply to vent their aggression that they are in prison, and more than likely will be going to a higher detention facility. So not all police officers are horrible, untrustworthy people...

But a good deal are, and to me at least they seem to be centered around rural towns or on the outskirts of a bigger city. Power trip due to the size of their city and how easy it is to control a smaller, less educated and Internet wired group of people? Maybe, but in any case we need to patrol them with even more care so that we, as citizens, do not look like the monsters they have become.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I used to be a deputy. I worked in a tax office, but the policy was to deputize everyone that was a full-time employee. I didn't have any neat weapons or arrest powers. But I encountered a few fellow deputies who walked around on a massive power trip.

After being wrongfully terminated, with a combination of flat out lies, I have a negative view of police officers.

This cop used deadly force when none was warranted. He could have had easily hopped back into his car until the owner came outside. This guy deserves to be fired & charged with animal cruelty. He should be sued for so much that he has to work overtime the rest of his life to pay it back.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Just wait til some cop shoots the dog or child of someone who will stand up for themselves and got the means to do it.
With all these stories it's just a question of time..

Not giving LEO's double the crime if they're criminals is a crime in and of itself. They're supposed to protect the law so if they fail at their job their punishments should be much harsher. That would give them some much needed incitement.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The dog just sensed his evilness. Nature attacked him, wanted to remove this rottenness from the planet. Sooner or later, it's game over to all haters

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yea this just does not make sense.

Why would he stop for directions, dont all cop cars have GPS these days?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Had this happened in TX, the cop would've been shot by the owner.

Seriously, the cop was trespassing on private property. The dog's domain.

I could rant on so many levels here, I'm just gonna stop and go out to buy my own surveillance cameras. After the little girl shot in her sleep by the cops in MI, looks like I'll be needing cameras INSIDE my home too!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I have serious disdain for those who hate cops for no apparent reason. I do feel for those who have been harassed by cops for no apparent reason. Because I myself have been harassed by some.

Those who hate cops without apparent reason, probably have one, since cops do harass people apparently.

Btw, I didn't know there were apparent reasons for cops to harass people.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by skull_bones

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by skull_bones

When you're lost...all houses are random.

Also, you do realize almost all patrol cars have laptop computers in them, that also has gps.

You do realize that laptops and GPS sometimes fail, right?
My GPS gets wonky every now and then and I have to wait for it to get the signal back.

Not granting this officer any sort of real life options are you?

- Lee

OK lets see whats more plausible

That he was there for some othe reason

or

-He was lost in a town he patrols
-He was embarrassed he was lost
-He didnt want to bother dispatch
-He had radio troubles
-His GPS didnt work
-He was close to location he was looking for but just quite couldnt find it

Im sure you can come up with some other ridiculous scenerio, but i dont think we need to.

I can come up with another plausible for being lost.

My wife is a postman (postperson) in a relatively small town. There are adresses that rarely recieve letters, some adresses are tucked away behind other property, some are new property not yet on roadmaps and certainly not on GPS maps, some are even older property without the house number visible as required.
She has been forced to ask direction standing less than a 100 yards from her intended letterbox (which wasn't by the road where it is supposed to be).

Asking for directions in your own town isn't that inconceivable.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that she has been attacked by several dogs on her rounds. And one of the standard shouts from home owners that see their dog charge a postman - yes you guessed it - "He/she/it doesn't do anything. Don't be afraid".
A number of scars provess that it sometimes is prudent to be afraid.

[edit on 20.5.2010 by HolgerTheDane]

[edit on 20.5.2010 by HolgerTheDane]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return

I have serious disdain for those who hate cops for no apparent reason. I do feel for those who have been harassed by cops for no apparent reason. Because I myself have been harassed by some.

Those who hate cops without apparent reason, probably have one, since cops do harass people apparently.

Btw, I didn't know there were apparent reasons for cops to harass people.

Then you should re-read the postings in this thread. If people react the way they describe they would react and it is descriptive of their "normal" behaviour in daily life, I think I'd be understanding of harrassing cops.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

I wanted to post this again, as it appears to have become lost in the shuffle ......

It appears this deputy, Sean Knight is quite a piece of work.

after the dog shooting incident he was fired from an off duty security position for falsifying time sheets.

The department stated they would not press charges because that is not a crime, however it is, because falsifying time sheets equals theft from a company.

It's obvious this guy's a scum bag who feels he can do whatever he wants without consequences, ... and his department only cover's his azz.

here's the article

chickashanews.com...

Great catch and a star for you. I was very disturbed by the Sheriff's response also when questioned by the reporter

When asked if falsifying timesheets and stealing are against the law, Kell said, “Law, I don’t know of any law that says you can’t falsify time sheets at a golf course, so no. And if you (Reporter Mike Friend) want to keep asking me questions on this issue you’ll just damage any good relationship I have with the paper. You can’t tell me you don’t ever speed while you’re driving down the road, or that you don’t break the law and sin… so why is this such a big deal if the deputy was not working on department time? If I start calling you and asking you questions about your crimes and sins we’ll see how much you like it.”

Did he just threaten this reporter? And do they arrest you in Oklahoma for sin? Why is an LEO even using that word in response to a question about the law?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

I'm sorry, but there are no instances were a cop is justified to harass people.

You don't like people that hate cops, except for those that have been harassed by cops, because you know how it feels, cause you've been harassed by cops yourself, yet....you feel it is justified against those you are in disagreement with?

You seem confused.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Beaux

Great find on the Sheriff response to the theft by fraud! As is often the case it trickles down from above, the mentality of privilege, the above the law they are sworn to uphold attitude. So now we see that it is highly likely the officer and sheriff shrugged off the lawsuit over the dog as more justification for their actions as bullies and criminals rather than a real issue of excessive force.
Again I stand amazed that even this will find those who approve because it is cops.
To me they look more like a gang with fancy colors and lots of clout who kill and extort and get away with it with no questions from above.
Again great background find on the "rest of the story"
N.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

Semper fi, sir. I was actually quite shocked once I finally finished 3 years of advanced training, indocs and school. I finally got my first deployment in '05 and expected to be thrust head-on into hell, surrounded by death and hatred. The soldiers I had the honor of serving with were some of the most morally upright and honourable men I have ever known. The specialization of my MOS and combat assignment helped, but all my other NCO's were right in line with my own thinking. If we got some green members acting retarded out there, we took care of it, without a single man bitching.

I was first generation Army, but was raised to hold honour, virtue and honesty above all else.

carry on sir, ill see you around here.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I've NEVER heard of a police officer stopping to ask directions from a random resident. All he had to do was radio and get any directions and if that isn't good enough, don't they have GPS type stuff in vehicles? Something doesn't seem right here. As for killing the dog, I really hate it happened and I see her side but I can also see his side. A dog charging at you is something they have to face. I think she is right that he could have gotten back in the car, though. It appears from the video they probably live in a very rural area and most people in that area have no reason to chain a dog.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
I'm trying to understand, why is it that almost all the cop brutality videos I see posted here are from the US? Has it got something to do with their training? I mean who in their right mind would do this? And as other posters have said, calm and collected. Fearing for his life - BS Delux!

And I don't see how he couldn't have got back into his car, especially if he was so "afraid"

[edit on 18-5-2010 by TortoiseKweek]
I don't know. I think it has something to do with the pervasiveness of the internet, electronic gadgets such as "home surveillance cameras" and combined with a populace of 300 million which has never, ever been completely beaten down (as the Chinese, French, the Germans, the Koreans, the Japanese, the Indians, the Australians, the English, and the Indonesians have been by the government taking away their real guns)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This makes me sick.

He could have easily got into his car.

Instead, he felt like showing off and blowing away an animal. Can I walk by a cops house and shoot his pets? Hell no!

These threads make it easy to see who the badge-carrying members are hiding behind their guise of internet anonymity.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

I am sorry and apologize for being Delusional in your perspective for daringly accusing the Officer of premeditated murder of the dog .... ATS member, Fordrew.

I feel very strongly about said incident for as a Terrier owner and Lover of Terriers for that matter and the fact that a Terrier was involved and MURDERED really does make me somewhat ......Delusional .....I guess.

How could anyone not love faces like these ?
One of my Welsh Terriers as a puppy.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by nh_ee]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I have dogs. After watching that vid a few good times over that was not a dog intent on ripping someone's throat out. It wasn't even head on toward the cop. This vid plain and simply shows a nasty cop showing off to his m8 by shooting a dog. Plain old cowardice!!!!

Cops like him should not be allowed to wear the badge, never mind have a gun. How many 'Suspected Criminal' so called people has he gunned down in cold blood?

Martial Law when it comes out will not be pretty. Too many murderous cops out there. Just have look at the Grampian Police Force in Scotland. Most of the cops there are good, but some of the top cops are involved in Paedophie rings. Disgusting!!!

Just like n the HOLLIE GREIG case!!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
well I watched the video and i gotta say that dog was coming at a fast clip, he was untethered and unfenced. the dog was on the attack. thank God the cop had a quick draw beause it looked like the dog was about to jump when he shot it.
wish he would have tazed it but he may not have had a taser at the time.

If your dog attacks, KEEP IT ON A LEASH OR BEHIND A FENCE!!

don't be whining if it gets killed!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

I'm sorry but are cops even allowed to carry guns in Scotland?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join