It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Syria Turned Down Peres Peace Offer'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

'Syria Turned Down Peres Peace Offer'

www.jpost.com

President Shimon Peres sent a message to Syria, offering to return the Golan Heights in exchange for a promise that Damascus would sever its ties with Iran and various terrorist groups, Syrian President Bashar Assad told the Lebanese As-Safir paper in an interview published Tuesday.

"We do not trust the Israelis ... we are ready for war or peace at any moment," Assad told the newspaper...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Same time when USA is eagerly driving sanctions against Iran, Israel is trying to make their best to destroy alliance between Iran-Syria-Lebanon. I think we have seen these tactics too many times before, that Arabs would take this bite anymore.

This Israeli warmongering and latest harsh dismissing of Brazil-Turkish-Iran nuclear swap deal will finally play against USA and Israel, and just grows coalition against them.

I see that western media dont follow this story as they should, thats a best evidence that its also not going by the Zionist book.

I see that wars are very near now, because G-15 summit was great success for Iran and they have get very couraging signs from countries like India, China and Russia. What is now happening in UN will do its part in this mess - but all out war is what we will get, no matter if there will be UN resolution, if there ever come any.

Next month Lebanon will take UNSC presidency, and that will mean bye, bye resolutions too - thats why the hurry.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Great catch Janus! This is definately something to watch, over the next few weeks & months.

Shade.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
well basically that was a "screw you"
answer from Syria. This is not a good sign
at all. War looms, and it won't be pretty.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Syria now has all the players backing it. They have Russia and Iran providing them arms. Iran now will have Nuke capability if they haven't already had it by now, China is helping Iran with ICBM technology and Nuclear know how.

The Axis has tuned on Israel and its strongest ally is out playing basketball.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I wonder if the people in 1938/39 felt the way I and many others feel about a coming war.Do you think they saw it coming but weren't really expecting it to happen?

www.otr.com...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Lots of people in Finland didnt believe war was coming in winter 1939 until Soviet bombers were above their heads.

In summer -39 majority of the peoples didnt had a clue about coming war, and I think most did feel it just weeks before it was started.

Our domestic media is very quiet. I think +90% of finnish dont know anything about recent "scud crisis", peace negotiations, Iran threats or wargames, Israels blockades, Lebanon threats, Gaza situation - just nothing about situation in whole ME since last Gaza war.

Black out has been - and still is - just total here, and that is very disturbing because I follow daily all news from region and world politics all around the world and see how WW3 is fast blowing to our faces.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
They also have Medvedev telling them the other day that Israel was going to nuke Syrian cities and Russia was going to let them. Hmmmm.

Originally posted by prionace glauca
Syria now has all the players backing it. They have Russia and Iran providing them arms. Iran now will have Nuke capability if they haven't already had it by now, China is helping Iran with ICBM technology and Nuclear know how.

The Axis has tuned on Israel and its strongest ally is out playing basketball.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
They also have Medvedev telling them the other day that Israel was going to nuke Syrian cities and Russia was going to let them. Hmmmm.

Well Russia has to create a market for its weapons in one way or another. Scare tactics can create instant markets.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Yeah but the weapons deal that was quoted unfortunately wouldnt do squat in the case of a nuclear attack. Guess Russia was just saying "buy these anyway" LOL.

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Well Russia has to create a market for its weapons in one way or another. Scare tactics can create instant markets.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Well since it is now obvious any sanctions on Iran will be lacking any teeth at all, I think all players are just preparing for the inevitable conflict. So why Syria would cut ties with one of its best allies just because Israel made some pointless offer that is designed to make them look good when it does hit the fan.'is beyond me". They can say look we tried but… just a matter of time it’s all political posturing now…I don’t like war but I have had the feeling of late “why not just get it over with already” and cut the BS.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by paradiselost333]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If this is true then Syria is stupid.

Having the Golan :

If they really wanted peace with Israel : win. B

But that would mean going against Iran, and against Hezbollah, that means terrorists attacks in Syria, if not overthrow of the regime.

If they don't want peace with Israel : win.

They could say yeah yeah Israel... give us the Golan first. Then Syria can station it's troops and tanks and missiles on the golan heights, making it way harder for Israel to defend itself.

So I call BS. Israel didn't ask Syria for peace in exchange for Golan Heights. No way.

new topics

top topics

join