It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jefferson County geometry teacher uses wrong example to teach angles --- assassination of President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Jefferson County geometry teacher uses wrong example to teach angles --- assassination of President Barack Obama

blog.al.com

A Jefferson County teacher picked the wrong example when he used as­sassinating President Bar­ack Obama as a way to teach angles to his geome­try students.

Someone alerted autho­rities and the Corner High School math teacher was questioned by the Secret Service, but was not taken into custody or charged with any crime.

"We did not find a credible threat," said Roy Sex­ton, special agent in charge of Birmingham's Secret Service office. "As far as the Secret Service is concerned, we looked into it, we talked to the gentleman and we have closed our investigation."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.worsleyschool.net

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The Major is outraged and demands the immediate dismissal of this teacher. The nerve to try and teach "parallel lines and angles" to mush minded teenagers with a hypothetical assassination shot when every recruit worth his salt knows that bullet trajectories are parabolic in nature. The Major has to wonder if this is what passes for "Kentucky windage" instruction, then every critter and varmint in Jefferson County, Alabama can rest easy.

Dismissed.

blog.al.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Are you for real? No wonder why the US is so f***** up if they take such minor things as serious threats to national security... fearmongerers...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Forget national security, what about common sense? "Okay, kids. Today were going to learn about what kind of angles we can get if we decided to kill President [insert name here]." Forget a president, what if she decided to use one of the students as an example?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Very stup1d teacher, the secret service, do not even want people to even think those things, or the secret service may be out to get you, and i am being serious.

Nothing will happen to obama.

But very stup1d teacher.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This kind of reminds me of a geometry/calculus teacher I had that would use us (the students) in the examples.. always. It was always funny and light hearted too and no one took it seriously. It usually involved someone being thrown or dropped long distances. If anything, it kept us more interested.

I don't know how I feel about this teacher using an assassination attempt though... so many other funny and creative ways to keep kids interested that I can't imagine why he chose assassinating a president???

Weird.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
You guys are proving my point exactly. See, up here in Canada everybody jokes about things like that because dark humour is popular these days. It's like with racist jokes, just because you think they're funny doesn't make you racist in the least.

If the SS investigates a teacher because he may be planning a plot to kill the president, then the entire country will hear about it and assume that there are people who are seriously considering assassinating the president, leading to worse society-government relations. And really, if he was really planning to kill Obama then why the hell would he be telling it to his class at school?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

Yep its probably just to keep the class interested in something stimulating, but the secret service would take this very serious. They do not take anything with a smile.

Even if you think those things, you may get targeted by them, just shows how stup1d this system is, but that teacher was stup1d to do that as a class.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Was this teacher likely a threat? No. Was this teacher a nincompoop? Yes. On the one hand, it's good to know the Secret Service is doing an exceptional job at protecting the POTUS. On the other hand, you have to wonder why this teacher used that example. The only reason is political - and I frankly don't want to hear political bias from a teacher - especially a Math teacher. They're supposed to provide us with facts and evidence so that we can form our own conclusions (for the most part at least), not try and instill a sense of political bias for the President.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is just a hypothetical/what if situation...

A fake situation, deserves a what if/fake answer...

People blow stuff out of proportion and it looks like the secret service has nothing better to do then question a teacher that gets paid near to nothing...

Good job guys

Way to do your job...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
He's just trying to keep the teenagers interested. I mean, not many people really want to learn this stuff. So if he jokingly says..."OK, so you guys are bored...Let's make this interesting. Lets work out the angle needed for a shot to asassinate Mr ". If he had said something J.F.K maybe they would have some real troubles working that calculation out LOL!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So they can make a movie about Bush's assassination and show it in theaters, but some moron tries to discuss ballistics and uses Obama as an example and people get their panties in a bunch.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Wow this is disgusting. Talk about citizen spies. I bet some smarmy kid or his anally retentive liberal parents think it's really funny to inform on a teacher and get him probably fired for the crime of trying to teach their kids.

"Oh he used Obama as an example, he might be a terrorist, better call someone"

Very stup1d teacher, the secret service, do not even want people to even think those things, or the secret service may be out to get you, and i am being serious.

They can get lost. I'll think whatever I please. Guess that makes me a criminal of some kind. Gee what should we call it? Thought crimes maybe? Yeah that fits.

And the SS may be out to get me? The Presidents elite guard?

[edit on 18-5-2010 by belial259]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

You can think it all you want. You cannot say it. That is a crime.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If he takes his ruler and does as I said on a different thread,as I dreamed,and puts it on president Kennedys Head and swivels it around Dealy plaza in a 3-d sim-----and makes sure he DOES NOT HIT THE FIRST LADY --he will find the second shooter OR the spot he must use in THAT HE TAKES A LOWER PERCENTAGE SHOT TO PROVIDE FOR HER SAFETY,HE WILL FIND THE REAL SECOND SHOOTER,maybe not the only other shooter,but the second shooter,I have done it .

Someone confessed to doing exactly as I said,I posted on ATS first,EXACTLY THE SAME AND EVEN THE SAME LOCATION I FOUND----AND YOU WILL FIND.

I think using a current president is in bad taste but a past one could shed new light on old shadows.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by one4all]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I can. He's not my President and is infact not even from my country. I'd never rise up or use violence against my own government, because they aren't really that bad. And if I ever saw someone that wanted to I would stop them myself, rather than destroying their life with police involvement.

But I don't want him to die. That would the final nail in the coffin of America as a republic.

Secret Service has no jurisdiction here in Australia and I'm under no obligation to speak to them. Infact I'd probably slam the door and turn on the sprinklers, then call the police to come remove them from my property.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Even there, I have no doubt the police would question you.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
If most humans in your country wanted you dead you would be,if one single determined human wants you dead it is extremely difficult to stay alive without dis-enableing them.

Presidents dont get ,you know,every day because most people arent out of their minds.And stop saying it period,what we think we say ,what we say verbally or bring into the realm of physical possibility may happen randomly,if we dont stop ourselves BEFORE WE SPEAK WORDS,we can plant seeds that others can nurture and bring to fruition.

How come no one commented on the Kennedy issue,if you cant handle the past dont start throwing around possibilities for the future.

Look at the despots,Saddam,Hitler,Kim,what about them?

How the heck do they manage to stay alive?

Think about it for a second,all you need is a few seconds to change the world forever BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO DO IT!Why?

Same reason we dont use capital punishment WORLDWIDE FOR ONY CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY,murder,rape, assault,keep your hands to yourself or die,simple.

Because we are generally a weak kneed constantly arsekissing species,only a few have the qualities to lead all the others,why?Its not that hard to do,you dont need a special resume,just to be popular.Because most dont want the attention or the risk involved.

This teacher has opened a can of worms ,and now must sort them out.

Error in judgement,bad taste,call it what you want.

You dont need to use any murder conotations EVER in school.

Send the teacher for a psych evaluation,if you sent them all we would lose twenty percent at least.

Ask him why he chose murder to illustrate a point ,then evaluate his answer,then send HIM for his evaluation.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Why hasnt an ex-sniper or a hunter interested in the Kennedy event done as I advised?

Your orders are to make the shot according to WHERE IT WAS TAKEN---someone set it up that way,Oswald wasnt supposed to be the fatal bullet ,another sniper was,Oswald was put in the position from which HIS RETARDED RIFLE was least likely to harm the First Lady.You must make the more difficult shot,and you must react WITH Oswald,but your orders ARE SPECIFIC IN NATURE----DO NOT HARM THE FIRST LADY IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.Oswalds position was my rangefinder,the first lady was my reverse sightline,AND YOU SNIPER 2 ARE BUSTED.

Well you made it possible to make your shot within the parameters of your orders and thats how I found you,sniper 2.

You would feel the burn,the heat,if you were to read this,if you are alive today.Because you would know that I used textbook methods to locate you ,even though I never read the book.

Come on ,someone with some real tactical experience log on and check this out already.Its a freebe,a gift from your canadian friends.

Ooops I forgot your my cousin,I mean prove me wrong you morons ,why havent you figured this out on your own yet?

This is called a CHALLENGE.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I'd never rise up or use violence against my own government, because they aren't really that bad.

Yeaaah, keep thinking that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join