It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Chief: Oil Spill Impact 'Very Modest'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The chief executive of BP has told Sky News he believes the massive Gulf of Mexico oil spill will end up having only a "very, very modest" environmental impact.

Experts had feared the Deepwater Horizon disaster could have led to one of the worst environmental catastrophes in US history.

But the British oil giant has risked outrage along the Gulf Coast by predicting a far smaller impact.

Dr Tony Hayward said: "I think the environmental impact of this disaster is likely to have been very, very modest.

"It is impossible to say and we will mount, as part of the aftermath, a very detailed environmental assessment but everything we can see at the moment suggests that the overall environmental impact will be very, very modest."

Heres a link to the video:
web.orange.co.uk... dest

How can he say that damage will be very very modest?

Does anyone else agree with him?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I posted this here the other day where he says

Gulf oil spill ‘tiny’ compared to ‘very big ocean’: BP boss

"The Gulf of Mexico is a very big ocean. The amount of volume of oil and dispersant we are putting into it is tiny in relation to the total water volume," Hayward said.

He is either delusional or doing a really bad job at lying.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Its "Sky news" therefore any info given by them is for mind control purposes. Sky/Fox/The Sun newspaper and all the other media owned by that douche Rupert Murdoch is for one purpose only, to spread lies and right-wing propaganda.

Watch BBC news instead, its slightly less in the pocket of big business...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
He's a damned liar. I mean, the spill may not be as catastrophic as a lot of members here believe it will be, but it is anything but "modest"... It is a huge oil spill, it will kill countless marine animals. That is always a big deal as it affects the entire ecosystem of the planet.

ETA: Ummm... I guess "modest" is a subjective term. Of course he's gonna say something like that... (Read, please don't lynch me)

[edit on 30-5-2010 by JayinAR]

top topics

join