It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US/Canadian border madness leaked onto YouTube

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This recording was posted yesterday on YouTube. I admit these people probably made a mistake by questioning why they were asking the questions they were when they did. But I do think that some of the questions they asked were ridiculous.

I do not see how asking which store these people were going to is important. The guy said they didn't know. They wanted to go to the mall. The female was actually laughing. There was no threat posed.

These people were just trying to understand why some of the questions were being asked. I do not EVER hear a threat from these people. The guy just asked him was he going to shoot him.

By the way, pulling away is not assault. Raising your fist is assault, but pulling away is not assault. It might be resisting arrest, but if all he did was pull away, it is not assault.

It is interesting that this guy says they catch 3 terrorists a day at that station.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If this is real ... then god help america ... this is craaazzzzyy sh*t

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
F&S Good one OP
Jeez i am Canadian , 3 terrorists a day ? Thanks usa Border agents for taking them away from Canada ! LOL i have seen many a times border agents acting like idiots , sarcastic and rude ! I know you have to protect borders but .... sometimes i think some of these guys overdue it ! Makes our southern cousins look bad .

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker-Mtl

You can tell right from the start that the first border agent had an attitude. The couple weren't doing anything wrong and were even laughing. They didn't even hint at posing a threat.

I understand the border guards wanting to be thorough, and even rigid in some cases but this went too far. It was all the first guy too. The second guy who came in after they were taken inside had them calmed down again until what sounded like the first guy and the woman going at it after she didn't sit down.

I still don't see or understand what the guy did to get arrested. I understand why the female was, but it seems like that was after her husband was arrested.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well this girl won't be crossing the border at Niagara again.
That is an anal display of abuse of power by an egotistical , and perhaps OVER- PATRIOTIC border guard.
Seriously? You wanna treat Canada like the enemy?
Not very smart.
You may have bigger and better toys, but somewhere lack the intelligence to effectively use what you have.
This HAS NOTHING to do with post 9/11 and keeping America safe..it is simple POWER TRIPPING.
Ya'll enjoy that, and stay the frig outta my country.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

You can tell right from the start that the first border agent had an attitude. The couple weren't doing anything wrong and were even laughing. They didn't even hint at posing a threat.

I understand the border guards wanting to be thorough, and even rigid in some cases but this went too far. It was all the first guy too. The second guy who came in after they were taken inside had them calmed down again until what sounded like the first guy and the woman going at it after she didn't sit down.

I still don't see or understand what the guy did to get arrested. I understand why the female was, but it seems like that was after her husband was arrested.

Well i sure would like to see some Border Official comment on that incident , i too see nothing wrong , and as i mentioned i have seen my share of attitude at border crossings and that goes back to the 70's so terrorists were not the cause , i have no idea why they have that kind of attitudes towards canadians , but since 911 seems its not a good idea to question border agents , whatever there questions or attitudes be, seems its put up and shut up
And i do not think it will be getting any better

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I would like to hear an "official" comment on this too. As far as I can tell so far it has only just hit youtube and here. Let's try hard enough and see if we can get this out more and see what hits the fan.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This "leak" from youtube came out quite awhile ago. It was featured
right here on ATS some time ago. But anyway, these border guards
are way overboard on this one I think. This really bad guy from Canada
was eventually arrested, and I believe his wife was also. Gotta watch
these terrible criminals from Canada, you know !! LOL

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

I looked for this before I posted it on here and couldn't find it. It did sound like he and his wife were both arrested. Looks like I can find May 4th as the first day I see it posted anywhere.

I have a couple of Canadian friends. I am going to try to see what they have heard of this.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Respect my authority! To bad they keep hiring a few degenerates like this out of thousands. Having had the pleasure of working the border for Uncle Sam in the past it is easy to sneak across if you really wanted to.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
That is pretty bad. I feel sorry for the guy, just wanted to go shopping and gets all this hassle.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by ghaleon12]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Jeez wow. It is actually better just to keep your mouth shut and answer their questions, and not argue about it. It's a hassle but just simply answer the basic questions that they tell ya. Just like at the airport, they're just wanting to know of how everything went. Making sure that there wasn't any trouble.. That's all, it's not like they are gonna remember what you say with the 1000s' of travelers going through there everyday.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
those guys are complete JERKS! WOW, seriously, they should NOT be able to work in the job they are in....

The guy did and said NOTHING wrong...then they played mind games with him and provoked him as much as possible and tried to get him in trouble, and are ruininghis future on paper for NOTHING!

I would ge all the names and info abput those border crossing guys and take them to court.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Simple google brought up many hits...
uswgo.com...
and yep, they got arrested.
StOopid...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I believe that these types of questions are, although ridiculous sounding, necessary. Many people trying to "fake" a scenario, will memorize information they think will be asked -- a birth date, address of a relative that's made up, etc.

However, if you ask questions that a person isn't likely to ask, they are more apt to slip-up. For example, if you arrive at the border and the guard asks where you are going, and you say the "mall" and he asks what store -- naming one that isn't at that mall will then garner further questioning and a possible denial of entry.

Generally, if people are travelling, especially across a border, they will have an exact location and purpose for the trip. Even if it's as simple as there's an Old Navy in the US and not one in Canada.

It comes down to how you answer the question more so than your answer itself in some cases.

This is an attempt to explain why these questions are asked, not justification for the video itself.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? MY GOD DID YOU LISTEN TO THAT #? This isn't #ing nazi germany or fascist America is it? That was disgusting to say the least.

Protect the border? They should be doing this crap south of the border not north. Gimme an #ing break! These asshole border guards should be taken out back and beaten. You don't treat people least of all Canadian citizens like that. Why the hell do you canadians put up with that crap? Do Canadian border people act like that? I hope not. Sickening!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Never before, have I ever... EVER, been so embarrassed to be an American.

The initial officer, who instigated the entire thing with his "exercise of authority", created a situation that could potentially ruin the lives of everyone else involved.

And then we sit around and wonder... why on earth would anyone harbor any ill will against this great nation...

Listen to me, border patrol agents, FBI agents, Customs agents, and all military personnel: You have a job to do. Do it. However, while you're doing your job, remember, that you are representing this country as a whole, to those that you encounter in the course of your duties.

Both of these people are a lot closer to being terrorists than they were before, that's for sure. They've got the number one ingredient now, and that's hatred.

So, to all the officers involved in this incident, I'd like to say thanks for your relentless efforts in making sure that we don't run out of enemies. I hope you speed through the wrong small town in Texas, where the sheriff is bored, and decides to occupy his time toiling with you the same way you did this couple. "Dem der things werk differnt 'round these perts boy... got you a pertty mouth, dunchya?".

link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89
Jeez wow. It is actually better just to keep your mouth shut and answer their questions, and not argue about it.

I agree it is better to just shut up and answer the questions, but still. There is still no law against questioning authority.

I have let my mouth get the better of me in the past too, and yes, they were some pretty significant events too
but was never treated like this. But that is another story......They merely wanted to know what asking what stores they were going to had to do with them crossing the border.

It could be that they wanted to know if they were allowed to go into other stores than the ones they mentioned to the guards if they answered the question. Or to other places.

I have NEVER been asked any kind of stupid questions like this before when I have entered a foreign country. And I have been in the former Soviet Union..which is where my mouth came into play once..lol. Even they didn't ask which stores I planned to visit while I was there.

link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Yeah these questions are real necessary? Bull#! What if someone has no itinerary and just wants to visit and drive around is that not possible in America? America is a #ing fascist state and I don't know what's worse........that or the fact that people actually have no problem supporting it. Disgusting what America has done and how it's reacted to the "war on terror".

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I don't think the video is an accurate portrayal of the border patrol response in Canada or the US.

We have a very open border, it's very friendly between us, I know that since January you need a passport to drive through the US from Canada, which we never needed before, but I understand the practice.

I use to live in a boarder town in NB called Grand Falls, we use to cross over into Hamelon cause gas was crazy cheap.

1.25 a litre in GF, and .85c in Hamelon, needless to say they got a lot of Canadian business.

The border patrol were always very friendly and never gave me or any of the people I was with any trouble unless you actually did something you weren't suppose to.

Then again, it's not a HUGE border crossing like in Niagra or others like in BC so perhaps it's not an accurate portrayal either.

I also think that the guys idea of a terrorist is far different from ours, cause we would hear about these arrests everyday if that was true.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join