It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazing James Randi is gay!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I had no idea what section to put this in.

Well, here goes. I really resent the term, but I use it because it’s recognized and accepted. I’m gay.

From some seventy years of personal experience, I can tell you that there’s not much “gay” about being homosexual. For the first twenty years of my life, I had to live in the shadows, in a culture that was — at least outwardly — totally hostile to any hint of that variation of life-style. At no time did I choose to adopt any protective coloration, though; my cultivation of an abundant beard was not at all a deception, but part of my costume as a conjuror.

www.randi.org...

So, for someone who has made a career "outing" people for being deceitful, is the amazing Randi a hypocrite? I don't really care that he's gay, but the fact that he's hunted down people who claim to be something they're not is... interesting? funny? What do you think?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Do not ever go for his challenge, he is just a gov front trying to get people to come out. You will never win no matter who you are.

This geezer is an absolute con man.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think it's his business.
Comparing "outing" fake and fraudulent paranormal deciet to protecting his personal privacy is ridiculous. Care to post your full name and location, plus your detailed sexual preferences?
Who cares if he's gay?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

What do you think?

I think this is a silly thread....

The guy is Gay....What's the big deal?

Oh right I forgot, it isn’t a big deal at all.

And I see no reason to create a thread about the subject, this is James Randi's personal life and it's not really any of our business what he does in it.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
You dont care that he's gay, yet you thought it warranted a thread about it?

How can you compare someones provate life, to their exposing of fradulent psychics and other hoaxers? It simply isnt the same

Maybe you are one of the ones that just hate Randi

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by The Cusp
So, for someone who has made a career "outing" people for being deceitful, is the amazing Randi a hypocrite? I don't really care that he's gay, but the fact that he's hunted down people who claim to be something they're not is... interesting? funny? What do you think?

Did he ever claim to not be gay?

The whole issue is irrelevant. Other than reading at the link he considers himself to be in good company and cites Barney Frank as one of the examples...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I don't recall him ever claiming that he wasn't gay. Don't ask, don't tell. No hypocrisy there. As for him being a government agent... huh?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Ok? So he is a gay pseudoskeptic? Don't get me wrong the man has made some great points, but remember he is a magician. A gay man in theatre is hardly newsworthy.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Maybe you are one of the ones that just hate Randi

No maybe about it. I can't stand that arrogant prick.

And for all you people claiming it's no big deal, why get so upset? If this thread is of no interest to anyone, just let it die.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
And now we know why he hates religion

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
No maybe about it. I can't stand that arrogant prick.

In other words this is simply a troll thread, sole purpose to bash James Randi. Obviously you think his sexuality is another "black mark" against him, otherwise you wouldnt have started this thread

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is a totally pointless thread.
What possible interest is anyone's sexual preferences, orientation or practices?
How very Victorian of you.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Sorry mods but...
2 words....WHO CARES!!!!
:shk:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
oh god WTF is wrong with this world?

:bnghd:

top topics

join