It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Identifies Glitch Fouling Voyager 2 Communications (Hint: It Wasn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

NASA Identifies Glitch Fouling Voyager 2 Communications (Hint: It Wasn

www.popsci.com

On closer inspection, it seems that the Romulans haven't hijacked Voyager 2 after all. NASA has identified the problem that caused the space probe -- which is currently coasting somewhere 8 to 10 billion miles from Earth -- to start returning distorted patterns of data last month. Evidently a single memory bit in the memory of an onboard computer flipped from a zero to a one, a problem the space agency intends to fix tomorrow.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Too bad it wasn't actually hijacked by aliens, would have been something.
Anyways Enjoy =)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------ ----------------------
--- -- ------- ----- --------- ---- --- ---- ---- ------ ---- ---- ---

www.popsci.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Posted this a couple of days ago on another thread and was jeered by some...

There are two conclusions that can be made...
1) A thirty year old space craft that is 8 billion miles away that has a computer weaker than my cell phone has had serious technical issues in the high radiation environment vacuum of space and is busted... or

2) Aliens have found this little speck of space junk and instead of just coming here in their super advanced interstellar space ships they are using this antiquated device to communicate using unintelligible code.

I pick door number one... Sorry.

Update: VICTORY!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Those tricky aliens!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Looks like this guy called it on May 12th. He's definitely got some good information / theories on that site, and seeing how this played out goes to show he has the knowledge to back up some of his claims.

Not that any of us really thought it was aliens!
right...?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
As soon as NASA fixes it, I bet the aliens will get Voyager 2 and poke it with their stick again.

NASA: "Hmmm, another glitch."
ALIEN: ROOL(rolling on outerspace laughing)

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
See....
I told you it wasn't aliens but just a glitch

then some dude called me a disinfo agent

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
See....
I told you it wasn't aliens but just a glitch

then some dude called me a disinfo agent

Sad isnt it? There really are people spreading disinfo and clouding the water, and the idiots that don't fall for those people, call out the smarter in the bunch as the liars.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So nasa think its a binary code error. 0 flip to 1 or vice versa.
They send a an instruction to v2 to send a packet of data then run a simple error checking routine, they know what the data sent back is supposed to look like , it would not take long to work out the error so why have they been stalling. I think they might have lost v2 to wear and tear and wont admit it.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by henriquefd
As soon as NASA fixes it, I bet the aliens will get Voyager 2 and poke it with their stick again.

ROOL that is funny LMAO @ that 1
2nd um just sayen

[edit on 5/18/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by samureyed
Looks like this guy called it on May 12th. He's definitely got some good information / theories on that site, and seeing how this played out goes to show he has the knowledge to back up some of his claims.

Not that any of us really thought it was aliens!
right...?

Exactly..."AstroEngineer" called it a week ago! Why did that guy get booted here? The strangest thing I've seen on ATS, honestly...he did eventually finish his story that he caught so much flak about too, on the Wordpress site. I reviewed ALL of his posts when he was catching it for the story not being finished; he really seemed legit to me. Bummer.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I had a feeling nasa would say it was a technical glich. So does this mean it won't be turning into V'ger? Anyway, this would make a great sci-fi movie!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Technical glitch, sure.

Of course this is just a cover up to stop people from doing any more research into the anomalous readings!

It obviously has to do with Niburu's gravitational influence.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THE SHEEPLE ON THIS SITE IT MAKES ME SO.... ANGGGGGRRRRRYYYYYY!!!!!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by henriquefd

LMAO!!!

That would be hilarious. They are just poking fun at the 30 year old satellite and making fun of our advanced technology.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
oh!

So it was sending

Instead of

I see.

top topics

join