It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher questioned after using Obama assassination as example in geometry class

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
www.usnews.com...

Seems a lot of the the top 25 schools in the Country come from Conservative Areas. Virginia, Texas, Arizona, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Alabama had 14 of the top 25 schools!

Dam, I have to admit though....Alabama ranked between 45th and 50th on the overall State Rankings!
We'll call that Birmingham's Fault and concede the one urban area to the Yankees.

www.psk12.com...

www.morganquitno.com...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Jeeez Doc! RACIST ENOUGH? Can you tell us what you really think?
Yer pointy hat on too tight today?

What's racist about mentioning the East Side of Detroit? The last thing you'll be thinking about on the East Side of Detroit is the skin pigment of the thugs who are jacking your SUV, beating you down, raping your wife and murdering your kids.

Old Detroit is a fekking madhouse, m'dear. I don't give a damn what color it is, it's a MADHOUSE, brimming with every kind of ignorant junkie crackhead vandal felon you can imagine. It doesn't need social workers, it needs Team America.

Besides, don't you go to the movies? Everybody knows Clarence Boddicker is the crime kingpin of Old Detroit.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22c9ec533831.jpg[/atsimg]

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Give the man a hand will yah!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
getreadyalready, why give them to the "Yankees"? The "Yankees" strive towards educating themselves and having a good career and life. AND they have IVY LEAGUE schools in the "Yankee" States. Alabama folk just want to read the Bible and make babies when they are young teens and drop out of school to work at a VERY LOW paying job (compared to Liberal states) along with crappy benefits (compared to Liberal states) because of the "conservative" leadership that they love so much. Too blind are they to see that conservatives dont care for their poor, stinking, uneducated citizens!!

[edit on 18-5-2010 by ToToo]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I thought this story was pretty funny. Stupid, yes, but very sureal.

I know I've had a couple of strange examples in school including the economics of pimping and the physics of the WTC collapsing (it fell faster than gravity).

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ToToo

Now you've made yourself look rather ignorant, well even more so than your inflammatory statement regarding Alabama. As if there are no low paying jobs in the north. As if there aren't any highschool dropouts that wind up working fast food etc. The cost of living is just a wee bit lower down here as compared to most northern states. So that low paying job translates to an average paying job there. Geeeez some people need to get over it already.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

The South does pay less average wages than the Northern states, and the health care is generally much poorer for the price. Although the cost of living is cheaper in the South, it is not enough to make it preferable compared to the VERY high average wage in the North or West-coast regions of the country. The higher cost of living is more than compensated by the significantly higher wages on AVERAGE.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by SunIsSon]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SunIsSon

LOL my piddling 55k/year job here is really quite commensurate with the 150k/year job I had working @ UTC in Hartford, CT. The only difference is I was able to buy 20 acres of land for what I bought 3 acres for in Avon, CT. The 350k house I had there cost a little less than half of that here. It really does work out about the same IMO.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

On AVERAGE, my statement is CORRECT. Of course it doesn't apply in EVERY situation. Thats why I mentioned "average", and even put it in CAPS in that post. This is COMMON knowledge for the longest time. You mean to tell me you do not know this?? Key words: on AVERAGE.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Back on topic though. This teacher really isn't the brightest crayon in the box though is he lol! He had to have at least a small inkling that someone from an alphabet soup agency was gonna drop in on him right?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ToToo

Those Ivy League schools turning out Brainiacs like GW and John Kerry?
I'll take Georgia, Georgia Tech and University of Florida anyday! University of Missouri Rolla, and believe it or not Florida State gets more patent income than MIT!! We just choose to market our Football and let the Academics take care of themselves.

And I know that you don't believe the Southern States have a higher Public Assistance rate than the inner cities or California? You also don't see our states going bankrupt. Even with the housing crisis in Florida we simply tapped into our Reserve funds and tightened our belts.

I'll pic FL, GA, AL, OK, MO, TX as the best place in the World on any day!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Wow this went from "teacher is questioned for using presidential assassination as a geometry demonstration" to some jagaloon ranting about how much he hates the southern United States? Where are the mods on that one. I was going to comment on the story, but its not even worth it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I bet it was wishful thinking. but now?

disgruntled teacher shoots abama.
well he’s lost his job and got nothing to lose.

"go for it... "

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by Vicious Jones

Seems a bit of a provocative event to theorise about.

How about just use an assasination or attempt that has actually happened, like Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy, Jackson, Roosevelt, Roosevelt, Truman, Nixon, Ford, Carter Reagan, Bush, Clinton.

en.wikipedia.org...

My the U.S. has made some enemies.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

The youth of today has no connection to the previously mentioned. Obama however is the current President so the teacher that he'd be the logical "target".

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by ToToo

Those Ivy League schools turning out Brainiacs like GW and John Kerry?
I'll take Georgia, Georgia Tech and University of Florida anyday! University of Missouri Rolla, and believe it or not Florida State gets more patent income than MIT!! We just choose to market our Football and let the Academics take care of themselves.

I would not be surprised one bit, if the lesser unis are better breeding grounds for more talented people. Just think how many places at the top tier unis are full of the aristocrats, and yep america does have those families too.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Another student said: "We were going over a test and getting reviewed for our finals and were going over tangency. A student walked in and said, 'Well, if you shoot the president...' and the teacher picked up on it and said, 'OK, if you shoot off his ear, that is a point of tangency.'"

www.guardian.co.uk...

This changes my opinion on the matter. The teacher should have warned the student of the foolishness of talking about such things and changed the topic. The teacher should not be fired.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join